1st class civis: Christians. 2nd:Everyone else.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2012, 12:07 PM
1st class civis: Christians. 2nd:Everyone else.
I denounced Christianity privatly about a year ago and recently I told everyone about it. Well I was at school and some of my fellow students preached to the student body. Which I really don't care about but I thought to myself that I should give an alternative to the daily bombardment of Bible quotes. I started to "preach" my lack of faith I guess. I was showing people that this wasn't the only way and I did this through mocking remarks to my fellow "preachers." They would say how Jesus loved everyone and I would reply that Jesus supported slavery. They would say that all the sinners would burn. I replied because he loves us all. That kind of thing. But I was asked by school officials to cease this because I was infringing upon others rights by speaking about my lack of faith openly. I was put in In School Suspention while the Christians continued their shouts of a loving skyman who wanted to burn everyone. I asked why I was in trouble and the Christian students were not. They replied "Atleast they speak the truth." So I as an American am not treated equally to my fellow man because I preach logic and they scream hate. I renounced my place in this country as a 1st class citizen to become a 2nd class target. So I ask you my fellow atheists do you believe that your treated on a lesser level than Christians? Why? I'm here to get the opinions of my peers so please post your thoughts on the matter. Thank you Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bludred242's post
30-01-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: 1st class civis: Christians. 2nd:Everyone else.
Is this a private or a public school?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2012, 01:40 PM
(30-01-2012 01:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Is this a private or a public school?

Yeah, this. My answer will vary depending on this answer.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Public.
30-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Contact the ACLU and sue their asses

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 2 users Like Jackrabbit's post
30-01-2012, 01:49 PM
(30-01-2012 01:42 PM)Bludred242 Wrote:  Public.

Then you are disserviced by "at least they're speaking the truth" comment - which I find hard to believe that public school officials actually said. If they did say this, then they are risking their jobs and should be disciplined.

Anyway, you are infringing on others free speech by interrupting them, and really, just being obnoxious.

If you feel compelled to voice your truth, then you should do like them and "preach" to an audience. Likewise, you wouldn't want your speech constantly interrupted by a peanut gallery if it wasn't a debate forum.

It is a free speech forum. People are free to say what they think; however, you cannot infringe on others freedom of speech. This means you can stand on your own soap box, but you cannot push someone off theirs.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
30-01-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 01:58 PM by Bludred242.)
I go to a different school now and if I did make a big commontion out of it then my family that still lives their will pay the price. I won't put my family through what they do not support. I am the atheist. My family is fundimentalist christians in the bible belt. I don't want to drag them through the mud with me.
Well it wasn't dirrected towards them. I had my crowd.My small group of free thinkers and some Christians who I was speaking to. The christians where within ear shot of me and me to them. The would start a morning with a "Jesus Loves You" speech. It was a pattern. So that morning I did a speech on how Jesus supported slavery. I drw their normal crowd. I started before them becaue their speeches where a fine tuned thing same time same place same subject. You could hear him say "Jesus loves all races and creeds and wants no man in bonds" as was saying "Jesus supported slaves." Same with his you will burn speech at lunch. I picked a spot near whee he normally spoke and started with a "The hippocracy of the Jesus loves you statement" kind of deal. Their was no time cards. If I was in violation so was he.
30-01-2012, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 02:03 PM by kineo.)
Yeah, I'd agree with contacting your local ACLU chapter. But more details would be appreciated. In what setting are the Christians given a voice? In what setting are you spreading your dissent? Is it a school-sponsored or school-sanctioned event? Lunch-room discussions? Can you have your own discussions separately that don't involve them?

You don't have to directly address them or challenge them to make the case against God.
KC has the right of it, I agree with him.
(30-01-2012 01:50 PM)Bludred242 Wrote:  Well it wasn't dirrected towards them. I had my crowd.My small group of free thinkers and some Christians who I was speaking to. The christians where within ear shot of me and me to them. The would start a morning with a "Jesus Loves You" speech. It was a pattern. So that morning I did a speech on how Jesus supported slavery. I drw their normal crowd. I started before them becaue their speeches where a fine tuned thing same time same place same subject. You could hear him say "Jesus loves all races and creeds and wants no man in bonds" as was saying "Jesus supported slaves." Same with his you will burn speech at lunch. I picked a spot near whee he normally spoke and started with a "The hippocracy of the Jesus loves you statement" kind of deal. Their was no time cards. If I was in violation so was he.

Hmmm... that's interesting. It sounds to me like you both should have been allowed to speak then.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
30-01-2012, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 02:05 PM by Bludred242.)
It was in our courtyard. Like its a circle with a larger stage like place in the center. He normally spoke from the edge of the circle while on a bench. I stood in the circle (the troubled youth/my own hangout). the court yard had a diameter of 40-45 feet.
(30-01-2012 01:58 PM)kineo Wrote:  Yeah, I'd agree with contacting your local ACLU chapter. But more details would be appreciated. In what setting are the Christians given a voice? In what setting are you spreading your dissent? Is it a school-sponsored or school-sanctioned event? Lunch-room discussions? Can you have your own discussions separately that don't involve them?

You don't have to directly address them or challenge them to make the case against God.
KC has the right of it, I agree with him.
(30-01-2012 01:50 PM)Bludred242 Wrote:  Well it wasn't dirrected towards them. I had my crowd.My small group of free thinkers and some Christians who I was speaking to. The christians where within ear shot of me and me to them. The would start a morning with a "Jesus Loves You" speech. It was a pattern. So that morning I did a speech on how Jesus supported slavery. I drw their normal crowd. I started before them becaue their speeches where a fine tuned thing same time same place same subject. You could hear him say "Jesus loves all races and creeds and wants no man in bonds" as was saying "Jesus supported slaves." Same with his you will burn speech at lunch. I picked a spot near whee he normally spoke and started with a "The hippocracy of the Jesus loves you statement" kind of deal. Their was no time cards. If I was in violation so was he.

Hmmm... that's interesting. It sounds to me like you both should have been allowed to speak then.

See the problem?
30-01-2012, 02:06 PM
(30-01-2012 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-01-2012 01:42 PM)Bludred242 Wrote:  Public.

Then you are disserviced by "at least they're speaking the truth" comment - which I find hard to believe that public school officials actually said. If they did say this, then they are risking their jobs and should be disciplined.

Anyway, you are infringing on others free speech by interrupting them, and really, just being obnoxious.

If you feel compelled to voice your truth, then you should do like them and "preach" to an audience. Likewise, you wouldn't want your speech constantly interrupted by a peanut gallery if it wasn't a debate forum.

It is a free speech forum. People are free to say what they think; however, you cannot infringe on others freedom of speech. This means you can stand on your own soap box, but you cannot push someone off theirs.

Sorry KC but calling bullshit on someone is not a violation of free speech
if they have the platform on some kind of stage or show then yes what they're doing violates the rules of that platform (debate or wahtever)
but if they're both in a public school then he has the complete right to call them on their bullshit.
The only way to infringe on someone's free speech is by repressing it, and there was nothing of the sort.
it was actually the school that was doing the repression. He didnt threaten or coerce the preachers to stop them from talking
he merely ridiculed and scrutinized their ideas and presented the contradictions in them

So anyway give us more details and atleast contact ur local ACLU, unless if it happened such a long time ago that everyone forgot about it and proving that occerence would be impossible, then the fault is on you for being silent about it back then.
Give us more details BludRed

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus