1st class civis: Christians. 2nd:Everyone else.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2012, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 02:14 PM by Bludred242.)
RE: 1st class civis: Christians. 2nd:Everyone else.
[/quote]
Sorry KC but calling bullshit on someone is not a violation of free speech
if they have the platform on some kind of stage or show then yes what they're doing violates the rules of that platform (debate or wahtever)
but if they're both in a public school then he has the complete right to call them on their bullshit.
The only way to infringe on someone's free speech is by repressing it, and there was nothing of the sort.
it was actually the school that was doing the repression. He didnt threaten or coerce the preachers to stop them from talking
he merely ridiculed and scrutinized their ideas and presented the contradictions in them

So anyway give us more details and atleast contact ur local ACLU, unless if it happened such a long time ago that everyone forgot about it and proving that occerence would be impossible, then the fault is on you for being silent about it back then.
[/quote]

It was about a year ago in a different state. It wa just one time someone spoke up kinda thing. It wa forgot by weeks end by the majority of the student body. Most people wouldn't say that they did anyways because the kid was the child of the local six flags over Jesus(mega church) preacher and they would be ousted by the community.
Ask ad I will answer details wise. What do you wat to know?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm not sold on your description of events. You're telling me that in a public school in the United States you were put in in-school suspension for voicing your lack of faith during a classroom discussion about faith? WAT? I'd have the principal and superintendent of that school by the ball sack with lawsuits. But like I said, I'm not so sure you're telling the whole story.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
30-01-2012, 02:16 PM
It was in the courtyard? not a classroom.
30-01-2012, 02:16 PM
(30-01-2012 02:15 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm not sold on your description of events. You're telling me that in a public school in the United States you were put in in-school suspension for voicing your lack of faith during a classroom discussion about faith? WAT? I'd have the principal and superintendent of that school by the ball sack with lawsuits. But like I said, I'm not so sure you're telling the whole story.

This.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah Bludred, I gotcha. Sounds like there's not a whole lot of room in that area. If you weren't interrupting him then I don't see how you were infringing on his free speech. It does sound like you were both competing voices in the same small area, which will lead to arguments- there's no way around it.

I'm curious how the ACLU would address such a case. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't say what the letter of the law is. I think the most reasonable thing that should have occurred was that someone should have moved to a different area. That's not law, just what I think would have been reasonable.

But that's not how it happened. It sounds to me like you were mistreated.
30-01-2012, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 02:25 PM by Bludred242.)
And you have to remember this isn't your secular town in modern america. This is a backwoods school in Alabama. The kinda place where gays and blacks ge beat up because they ae alive. I am denying that their God is real. All my family that went to school with me disowned me. I wa moving anyways. But I was disregarded alot back then. I was some kid in 9th grade that broke his back in football. Nobody cared aout meor thought aout me. I became a formality. Nobody really cared. I never told mom because she was a Christian who broke down into tears alot and her only solice was Jesus. It was a hush hush thing in town.
Sorry my keyboard is broken and skips letters if I type over 5 words a minute. Damned thing.
30-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I dunno they sound like assholes based on what you're saying (the school officials)
if it happens again then the ACLU is the way to go, usually they handle these type of cases
with their donation money and without charging you personally

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
30-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Looking back now I was treated alot worse tha I thought then. Its one of those places where everything just happens. A man beats his wife? Nothing happens. A black kid is beaten? Nothing. Death threats? nothing. Right infrengment? nothing. People saw me as a let down. I was my towns Tebow. I was a 9th grade college hopeful. I was starting varsity in football. I was the soul behind the team. I was outwardly a christian but questioning it inside. The football team had manditory wensday bible study. I had to go. I would have been beched if I didn't act my part. hen I broke my back causing cronic pain but no nerve damage. I couldn't play but looked okay. We lost in the last round of the semifinals because of my absence. My town hated me. Some people treated me like shit out of spite. f I had pressed charges they would have had the ISS teacher lie to cover their asses. I wasn't a person to those people. I was just a problem.
30-01-2012, 02:47 PM
If it is as you described in your first post and then later fleshed out, then yes, you were wronged. Sorry to hear it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Well since you mentioned Alabama.........

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain