2-Before Provng Existnce of God.Have to Discuss The main factors behind being atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2011, 12:47 PM

RE: 2-Before Provng Existnce of God.Have to Discuss The main factors behind being atheist
(28-09-2011 12:39 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  I can see almost immediately that there's no point in conversing with you.

There was no point conversing with him from the start and I never did.

I was just making light fun of him, without taking any of it seriously.

The only reason I got involved with this at all is because I was mildly annoyed by the utterly stupid, presumptuous and arrogant opening he started with "I am here to save you".

Who the hell does he think he is? Jesus Christ?

I think he started it as an exercise he was given at the seminary, or a punishment for doing something unseemly (use your imagination).

Or he really is as big a fool as he appears to be.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
28-09-2011, 12:54 PM
RE: 2-Before Provng Existnce of God.Have to Discuss The main factors behind being atheist
fatihbarut you clearly have no clue about what atheists believe and in the case of gods Don't believe. Your assumptions are based on Sterotypes.

Comparing a serious mental illness With not believing in a god is insulting.

The meaning of life is what you make of it. There is no vast emptiness. Why dont you try to draw your own conclusions about life instead of blindly accepting the dogmatic views of whatever faith you follow.

I've never had an experience so bad that I came to the conclusion oh there must not be a god because this happened to me.
I came to that conclusion as a young child by doing nothing more than thinking about it.

Speaking of arrogance Your post seems arrogant, assuming that atheists don't believe in a god because things didn't go their way or they have a mental illness or because a prayer didn't get answered.

You have still to Provide any evidence for any of your claims.

Here's a question for you that I've used before. Do you truly believe god answers your prayers? If so why are your prayers more deserving of being answered that say those of a starving child?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
28-09-2011, 01:08 PM
(28-09-2011 12:47 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(28-09-2011 12:39 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  I can see almost immediately that there's no point in conversing with you.

There was no pint conversing with him from the start and I never did.

I was just making light fun of him, without taking any of it seriously.

The only reason I got involved with this at all is because I was mildly annoyed by the utterly stupid, presumptuous and arrogant opening he started with "I am here to save you".

Who the hell does he think he is? Jesus Christ?

I think he started it as an exercise he was given at t he seminary, or a punishment for doing something unseemly (use your imagination).

Or he really is as big a fool as he appears to be.
In the interest of honesty it's true I didn't have hope for him based off of his amusing first post - but just thought I'd state a reason for not continuing on, in case he ever decides to read the responses. Smile

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
28-09-2011, 01:18 PM

I think I have counted more then several words in your messages
Like. "You are sily, or stupid or like that" and I don't think an intellectual conversation may include these kind of words.
28-09-2011, 01:23 PM

(28-09-2011 01:18 PM)fatihbarut Wrote:  I think I have counted more then several words in your messages
Like. "You are sily, or stupid or like that" and I don't think an intellectual conversation may include these kind of words.

I have news for you, padre.

This not a conversation.

And there is no intellect in it.

You were given the usual warnings at the start, asking you to be rational, argue based on observed facts and logical conclusions and, most of all, don't try to treat us for idiots.

You ignored all of these warnings and charged ahead spewing forth gibberish.

The least I could call you for all this arrogance and foolishness is silly.

I was very charitable when I said that.
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
28-09-2011, 01:49 PM
None of these options apply to me. I don't believe in god because there is no evidence to support him and everything in our universe can be explained without him. Obviously, human beings have not yet figured out the explanations for everything - we likely never will - but we've figured out enough to realize that the life and the physical world that we know can all exist without any kind of supernatural deity. And, the best part of the scientific explanations for life, the universe and everything is you don't have to do any kind of silly double talk to explain them. Science is all what it says it is, not this nonsense where some of it it literally true and other parts are metaphors and we have to figure out which is which.

As for your options, I could care less about biblical inconsistencies; my life has been great and my parents are all alive; it is hilarious you think that the whole universe is here for humans and you call atheists "arrogant" but I assume I'm just one small spec in the universe and I am fine with that; if I don't believe there is a god I am not particularly concerned with what he looks like; god doesn't answer my prayers for the same reason Santa doesn't bring me my presents; I'm not worried about why there are so many religions.

You make a lot of presumptions in your presentation but you miss the most basic, obvious point here: there is no evidence at all for a god. None. Everything the bible claims about the origins of the universe and the Earth are demonstrably wrong. All life was not created in 6 days, it evolved over billions of years. That is a fact. The earth is billions of years old. That is also a fact. The Universe has an origination point starting with the Big Bang. That is one more fact. We know these things to be true from overwhelming scientific factual evidence. Any discussion that starts with the assumption that god is real and we are just not seeing it is simply logically flawed. You want us to believe in god? Provide some evidence that he actually exists. Hey, I'll be happy if you can explain why he chose to create the universe the way we know it happened and then went to great lengths to write a book that says he did it a completely different way. Start answering the question based on that premise and then we can have a discussion.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
28-09-2011, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2011 02:08 PM by Peterkin.)
This is, after all, the cafe: no need to be heavy.
I wonder: whom does a missionary have to piss off, and by what heinous act of insubordination, to be assigned TAT duty... Anybody want to speculate?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
28-09-2011, 03:02 PM
I choose to not watch Jerry Spring or Jersey Shore. Hey, those both have the same initials, could that be a coincidence or fate. Regardless. I refuse to waste my time, seeking entertainment in disastrous lives, reckless speech and illogical behavior.

I am also adverse to making ad-hominem attacks face to face or on the internet. Lack of consequence be damned. So in order for me to maintain my credibility, I am going to do the same thing to you fatihbarut as I do with that nonsense above. You are going on Ignore.

Have a nice godless day...just like everybody else.
Trevor

Keep living your life. It's the only one you have.
[+] 1 user Likes coyoteran's post
28-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Should I even try? Meh why not?

Mr. Sheep, can I call you sheep? Seeing as how you blindly follow whatever's told to you apparently. Your so called arguments are nothing new, nothing special, and most certainly nothing intelligent. I have to stand back in AWE at how mindless and devoid of thought your statements truley are. It truley does make fear for the human species with so many people like you running around. However, seeng the rest of the people on this forum makes me think that there still might be a chance for our lowley race.

So all in all. Take you pathetic excuse for an intelligence and go read any other religious "argument" and see for yourslef just how many times these....these wastes of internet space "arguments" pop up. For the love of whatever fairytale god you worship...THINK!

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
28-09-2011, 03:31 PM
I require anyone who wants to talk to me about God or Gods to first prove it or they exist.

Saves a huge amount of time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user