2 million dead last year

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2011, 03:29 AM
2 million dead last year
I watched Jack Van Impe yesterday and he reported that last year, two million christians were murdered for their faith in Indonesia last year alone. Why wasn't this in the news? Seems to me such an atrocity would at least come to the attention of amnesty international. I have to wonder how many believers just scoop this bullshit up and swallow it without a thought?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2011, 06:38 AM
RE: 2 million dead last year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianit..._Indonesia

If there had been such a massacre as you mention, surely it would have made it to the wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution...#Indonesia

Also not mentioned here.

So ja, afaik, empirically proven to be bullshit.

Who is this dude anyway?
31-10-2011, 07:35 AM
(31-10-2011 03:29 AM)jimmygun Wrote:  I watched Jack Van Impe yesterday and he reported that last year, two million christians were murdered for their faith in Indonesia last year alone. Why wasn't this in the news? Seems to me such an atrocity would at least come to the attention of amnesty international. I have to wonder how many believers just scoop this bullshit up and swallow it without a thought?

1. Don't trust Jack van Impe, he's a ridiculous tool.

2. Especially don't trust any of those Televangelists when it comes to spouting fact, or truth.

3. There probably isn't even 2 million Christians in Indonesia, and yes if 2 million Christians would be killed someone would notice.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2011, 09:41 AM
The media in the states at least seemed to pander to the Christian right above all else. My guess would be that if 2 million Christians were killed anywhere at any time the news would be all over it as the worlds greatest atrocity since ww2. Hell if one Christian was killed for being Christian I can pretty well guarantee it being all over the news.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
01-11-2011, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 09:05 PM by daemonowner.)
(31-10-2011 07:35 AM)Robertus_ Wrote:  3. There probably isn't even 2 million Christians in Indonesia, and yes if 2 million Christians would be killed someone would notice.

Wikipedia estimated the percentage of christians as 8.7% of total population, which works out to ~20.6million. Yeah, someone would definitely notice if 2 million had been killed any time recently.
(31-10-2011 09:41 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Hell if one Christian was killed for being Christian I can pretty well guarantee it being all over the news.

Yeah, they are biased and pander to the right, but christians are killed by christians and non-christians all the time, and it never gets air time. And there's a very practical reason for it too, there just isn't enough time to cover it all, and also considering all the other people who weren't christians and died at the hands of christians, I mean.. there's just no way to fit it in.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
03-11-2011, 03:57 PM
(31-10-2011 09:41 AM)lucradis Wrote:  The media in the states at least seemed to pander to the Christian right above all else. My guess would be that if 2 million Christians were killed anywhere at any time the news would be all over it as the worlds greatest atrocity since ww2. Hell if one Christian was killed for being Christian I can pretty well guarantee it being all over the news.

I think it was Iran recently where a Christain was being proscecuted for not recanting his faith. I believe the charges were dropped but it still made the front page of online news.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Didn’t some bible sellers come to an early conclusion in Somalia?
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011...rates.html
God, apparently, failed to save them…

Great idea, lets all go to a heavily armed Muslim country that makes all its money from piracy and kidnapping and see if they want to change…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
07-11-2011, 01:41 AM
(07-11-2011 12:33 AM)Karl Wrote:  Didn’t some bible sellers come to an early conclusion in Somalia?
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011...rates.html
God, apparently, failed to save them…

Great idea, lets all go to a heavily armed Muslim country that makes all its money from piracy and kidnapping and see if they want to change…

Alright, I'm evil! I lol'd. "early conclusion..." Some people's kids. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]