2 questions for creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2013, 07:53 AM
2 questions for creationists
1: can you explain what it is that you put in your car?

2: can you explain dinosaur fossils?

my answers:

1: gasoline is plant and animal matter compressed over millions of years. this would not be possible if the world was 6000 to 10000 years old

2: why would an intelligent designer place dinosaur bones in the earth if dinosaurs never existed?

Assume nothing, Question everything
Assumptions build barriers, Questions break them down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: 2 questions for creationists
(06-12-2013 07:53 AM)Relic of the Darkling Wrote:  1: can you explain what it is that you put in your car?
Gasoline.
Quote:2: can you explain dinosaur fossils?
They come from dinosaurs.
Quote:my answers:

1: gasoline is plant and animal matter compressed over millions of years. this would not be possible if the world was 6000 to 10000 years old
More fully, gasoline is made from oil which comes from plant and animal matter compressed in a short time.
Quote:2: why would an intelligent designer place dinosaur bones in the earth if dinosaurs never existed?
In creationist models I'm aware of dinosaurs did exist, so your question makes no sense.
06-12-2013, 09:53 AM
I think you're referring to Young Earth Creationists (YECs). There are evolutionary creationists as well.
YEC's answers will almost always beg the question.
Ask a YEC how we can see stars million of light years away since it would take the light ...duh ... millions of years to reach our planet. Get some popcorn, the answers might get pretty entertaining.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
06-12-2013, 01:48 PM
(06-12-2013 09:53 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  Ask a YEC how we can see stars million of light years away since it would take the light ...duh ... millions of years to reach our planet. Get some popcorn, the answers might get pretty entertaining.

The two standard answers to that are:

1) God created the light most of the way to earth (the easy answer).

2) The speed of light isn't constant because of [sciencey-sounding pseudoscience] and therefore it gets here much quicker than you'd expect.
06-12-2013, 01:59 PM
1: gas is distilled oil that god put in the lower firmament for the industrial age and republicans.
2: dinosaurs were created along with all the other animals in eden, their bones were stronger than all the other animals , god drowned them during Noahs time.hence Lots of fossils.

The age you think oil and fossils are is just propaganda by the Darwinists desperately trying to prove evolution.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
I have yet to hear a satisfactory YEC explanation for travelling light and radio metric dating.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-12-2013, 02:41 PM
(06-12-2013 01:48 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 09:53 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  Ask a YEC how we can see stars million of light years away since it would take the light ...duh ... millions of years to reach our planet. Get some popcorn, the answers might get pretty entertaining.

The two standard answers to that are:

Yep, that's my answer. I don't understand why some atheists struggle with this concept.

Mo-o-o-o-orse...Mo-o-o-o-orse...
06-12-2013, 03:28 PM
(06-12-2013 02:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have yet to hear a satisfactory YEC explanation for travelling light and radio metric dating.

Me either. I usually see two approaches here:

1) Point to the fact that carbon dating only works in certain date ranges and has a certain margin of error, and then they ignore other types of radiometric dating.

2) Give some weird quantum mechanic-based answer (that is likely pseudoscience) that is way beyond my ability to comprehend or discuss.

(06-12-2013 02:41 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 01:48 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The two standard answers to that are:

Yep, that's my answer. I don't understand why some atheists struggle with this concept.

Yeah. While I find the idea of creationism silly, if someone accepts that there is a God that can create an entire star, I don't see why it would be a stretch for him to also create photons. It's not really a gotcha question. You could ask why he went through all that effort, but the only answer to that is really [mysterious ways].
06-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Robby, which is why I usually ask them to explain RMD but not carbon dating since it's not the most accurate.

I've never gotten an answer.

I think most of them think carbon dating = all radiometric dating.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-12-2013, 03:48 PM
(06-12-2013 03:28 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah. While I find the idea of creationism silly, if someone accepts that there is a God that can create an entire star, I don't see why it would be a stretch for him to also create photons. It's not really a gotcha question. You could ask why he went through all that effort, but the only answer to that is really [mysterious ways].
Actually there is another answer, and it's given in the Bible:
Psalm 19
The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.

I.e., the universe is evidence of a creator god. Paul also notes this in Romans 1.