2 questions for creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 11:45 AM
RE: 2 questions for creationists
(07-12-2013 11:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  What debate? A question is asked, and then you ask another question instead of answering.

It's a dishonest tactic.

Instead of saying, "How do we know it's accurate?"

Why don't you provide evidence to your claim instead of using dishonest, fallacious tactics?
First, it's ridiculous to say that asking a question is per se a dishonest tactic.

Second, I have been providing evidence, such as conflicting radiometric dates from a single sample, and neutrinos affecting decay rate.

Pretending that I haven't is a dishonest tactic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 11:47 AM
(07-12-2013 11:42 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Then demonstrate it. He utilizes theorems and mathematics that disprove his stupid creationist anti-evolutionary conspiracy theories yet still makes his living from them. Yeah that's my point man you can stick your head in the sand and cry but the truth is still the truth and all the facts say that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and the age of the universe is 13.798±0.037 billion years, all of science is based on the foundational principles of a consistent testable universe and all the test say that you are deluding yourself.

But if you want to go off an be stupid that is your problem, and yes you have crossed the line from ignorance to stupidity, just don't expect anyone to take anything you have to say seriously.
And again, the accepted age of the universe used to be different, but the juice still flowed.
07-12-2013, 11:51 AM
(07-12-2013 11:47 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:42 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Then demonstrate it. He utilizes theorems and mathematics that disprove his stupid creationist anti-evolutionary conspiracy theories yet still makes his living from them. Yeah that's my point man you can stick your head in the sand and cry but the truth is still the truth and all the facts say that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and the age of the universe is 13.798±0.037 billion years, all of science is based on the foundational principles of a consistent testable universe and all the test say that you are deluding yourself.

But if you want to go off an be stupid that is your problem, and yes you have crossed the line from ignorance to stupidity, just don't expect anyone to take anything you have to say seriously.
And again, the accepted age of the universe used to be different, but the juice still flowed.

Ok I'm done with this creatard it's a waste of breath to argue with him. He is in love with his own stupidity and has built an alter to it. Bucky was right this was pointless from the start. Since you are just using assertions with nothing to back it up I am just going to say by Fiat that you are just wrong and stupid.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-12-2013, 11:55 AM
(07-12-2013 11:19 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Different results, BUT taking into account the stated uncertainty range, they are VERY VERY OLD. get it. There is NO comment on the ORIGINS of the rocks. "Falling near the accepted range of the moon" is irrelevant, unless you can prove ORIGIN.
If radiometric dating is accurate, different methods used on the same sample should give the same results. They don't. It's that simple.
Quote:I see you have no Biblical education. No wonder you buy into that shit. If you actually KNEW how HUMANS cooked it up, you probably wouldn't.
Feel free to start a thread on it.

I'm not impressed by edumucation. You know what they say about degrees:

BS - Bull shit
MS - More shit
PhD - Piled higher and deeper
Quote:What Revenant seems to be doing, to you, is also irrelevant.
Revenant made a claim that electrical engineering and computer science are dependent on a certain age of the universe to function. I showed that is false. Those disciplines functioned under different ages. It's ridiculous and unnecessary to try to tie all science to the age of the universe.
Quote:Maybe you should ask the mods to change your name to either "Alpha Red Herring", or "Alpha Strawman".
Maybe you should change your name to "Big Ol' Crybaby" Tongue
07-12-2013, 11:55 AM
(07-12-2013 11:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok I'm done with this creatard it's a waste of breath to argue with him. He is in love with his own stupidity and has built an alter to it. Bucky was right this was pointless from the start. Since you are just using assertions with nothing to back it up I am just going to say by Fiat that you are just wrong and stupid.

Even if you convince him that the old dating is correct, he might just argue that god created the earth 6000 years ago as a 'mature' planet in the middle (or end?) of radioactive decomposition.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
07-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote: I'm not impressed by edumucation. You know what they say about degrees:

BS - Bull shit
MS - More shit

This is extremely damning. I have stated before that fundamentalists are hypocrites and I'll stick by it. Try getting through your DAY without relying upon the education of others which you have spurned.
07-12-2013, 12:22 PM
(07-12-2013 12:21 PM)natachan Wrote:  This is extremely damning. I have stated before that fundamentalists are hypocrites and I'll stick by it.
I got it from my brother-in-law, who has a PhD and is a college professor. Go figure.
Quote:Try getting through your DAY without relying upon the education of others which you have spurned.
I get through my days just fine rejecting a billions-year-old universe.
07-12-2013, 12:27 PM
(06-12-2013 09:43 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 09:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Maybe, but YEC is the most intellectually dishonest position in the world. It falls apart with any inspection, every field in science refutes it because they all depend on something that requires the universe to be older than 6000 years. I'm not even talking about evolution, I understand how someone who has been lied to about what evolution is can think it is faulty, I'm talking about Nuclear Physics, Electricity requires an old universe to function the way it does. The computer he is sitting at requires a 13.798±0.037 billion years year old universe to function correctly because of the base theories that were followed to make it work. It has no legs and in this day and age with google right there it is inexcusable to be spouting that level of hypocritical bullshit.

Oh, I agree, but there's a difference between trolling yourself (so to speak) and trolling others. Christianity has a lot of defense mechanisms built into it. If you fail to penetrate even one of them, you will not break free. I know. It took me years.

which defense mechanism of yours was penetrated to allow you to finally release yourself? I'm asking a genuine question albeit in a juvenile way. *snickers*

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
07-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote: I'm not impressed by edumucation. You know what they say about degrees:

BS - Bull shit
MS - More shit

Wow.

I take back everything I said. You're trolling.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-12-2013, 12:34 PM
(07-12-2013 11:55 AM)alpha male Wrote:  If radiometric dating is accurate, different methods used on the same sample should give the same results. They don't. It's that simple.

I do realize you need to deal in ONLY "simple" terms, but the fact is they generally agree, within their KNOWN ranges of KNOWN and stated uncertainty. In science there is always a +/_ range. They are consistent within those ranges. NONE of them agree with creationist crap, and the relatively stated ranges of uncertainty in no way devalues the methods. If YOU had cancer YOU would go have radiation therapy, which is built on rates of radiation decay. YOU are a hypocrite, (but probably too ignorant to even know it). The question is "what is the *same*". If you had an education, you might be able to address that. EXACTLY the same, is not how science works.

(07-12-2013 11:55 AM)alpha male Wrote:  I'm not impressed by edumucation. You know what they say about degrees:

BS - Bull shit
MS - More shit

Obviously. You've clearly demonstrated you have very little, and seem to be proud of that fact. How sad. You should at least try for a GED.
That's what idiots who have no education say to justify their laziness. I get it.
Would you go to a heart surgeon with no degree ? I think not.

(07-12-2013 11:55 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Maybe you should change your name to "Big Ol' Crybaby" Tongue

If I ever need any advice from the likes of a YEC, I be sure and ask.
Don't hold your breath. Or maybe yes, please hold your breath.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post