2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
Quote:Let's remember too, it wouldn't be the first time a Christian became a highly respected member of this forum.

KC is hardly a Christian Christian.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-09-2012, 11:34 PM
(25-09-2012 08:19 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  V -

"Idiot for Christ Wrote:
(v) 6. We can trace back god's origins
(IFC)a. please do...I would be interested in this link it up!"

V's answer: The Old and New Testament.

Gotta love it!
Wow, what a powerful and convincing rebuttal! Also, good job on adressing everything in my post. You manage to live up to your name really well. Thumbsup

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-09-2012, 01:55 AM
(24-09-2012 09:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  If you only had 2 questions to ask a theist and you had to make the two questions make the most impact on changing the theists beliefs what would they be?

Mine are:

1. Do you believe in Santa Claus?

2. Why did you stop believing in Santa Claus?

That would pretty much be it.

Haha. Believe it or not, those are the EXACT two questions that turned my sister into an atheist.

She saw that I was quickly rejecting faith in general, and one day she said "I just don't understand how someone can not believe in God." So I pulled those questions on her and she too began drifting away from her faith.

Sometimes it takes something so simple to flip the switch and make them "get it".

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
26-09-2012, 02:15 AM
2 questions to ask a theist.
(26-09-2012 01:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 09:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  If you only had 2 questions to ask a theist and you had to make the two questions make the most impact on changing the theists beliefs what would they be?

Mine are:

1. Do you believe in Santa Claus?

2. Why did you stop believing in Santa Claus?

That would pretty much be it.

Haha. Believe it or not, those are the EXACT two questions that turned my sister into an atheist.

She saw that I was quickly rejecting faith in general, and one day she said "I just don't understand how someone can not believe in God." So I pulled those questions on her and she too began drifting away from her faith.

Sometimes it takes something so simple to flip the switch and make them "get it".

I also think another interesting question might be "Why did you start believing in Santa?"

The answer is frequently telling and oft overlooked. A lot of theists I know are not aware of the moment they first began to believe because it was either a gradual process or they were raised with it.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
26-09-2012, 04:16 AM
(26-09-2012 02:15 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 01:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Haha. Believe it or not, those are the EXACT two questions that turned my sister into an atheist.

I also think another interesting question might be "Why did you start believing in Santa?"

The answer is frequently telling and oft overlooked. A lot of theists I know are not aware of the moment they first began to believe because it was either a gradual process or they were raised with it.

Very true. That was the case with my sister and me. Unfortunately, I think that because of that, I subconsciously assume any theist I speak to was also raised in it. I'll have to keep an eye on that in the future.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
26-09-2012, 04:23 AM
I think I'd ask, "if you were given evidence that your religion was wrong, would you change your beliefs?" This seems like such an obvious answer -- you'd think they'd say "yes" whether it was true or not, but a poll (sorry I can't find the source right now) found that 61% of Americans would keep on believing despite having evidence contradicting their beliefs. So... 61% of Americans aren't worth asking a second question (although mine would be "Why aren't you a Scientologist?", which is very similar in scope to the Santa question).

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
26-09-2012, 04:31 AM
“How did you get past the guards?”

“Are you have come for my thing what I keep hidden from whose eyes?”

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
26-09-2012, 06:11 AM
(25-09-2012 06:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 08:35 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  I am insulted by the idea of Vanilla coke!
I will burn your internet-present's and chope off your broadband cable connection.
There is no coke except cherry coke!

Yuck! That stuff is repulsive.
It's like that disgusting Dr Pepper crap, HOW DO YOU PEOPLE LIKE THAT SHIT!

Quote:THEY HAVE VANILLA COKE IN NZ!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? IM FUCKING MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!!

Years ago they brought out vanilla coke in Ireland, but after a few months they removed it Sad It was the nicest thing I had ever tasted.

You have good taste buds there good sir.

Yip, they have it in 1.5L bottles for like $2(1 pound, $1.5US).

Also don't feed the troll people, it's probably Bish/Arch again. Can't get enough.

I never have consumed a Dr. Pepper Coke.
I even have heard the name in the Movie "Forrest Cump".
It seems to me that Dr. Pepper is not avaible in germany, i check this out.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
26-09-2012, 06:29 AM
IfC would rather have a farcical discussion about the existence of Santa, instead of responding to either of my posts.

Gee, I wonder why.
26-09-2012, 06:30 AM
V -

"Wow, what a powerful and convincing rebuttal!"

Um...guess you missed the point. It clearly wasn't a rebuttal, but HIGHLIGHTING your answer. Not ALL replies are rebuttals. Sometimes they are just exactly as they read.

"Also, good job on adressing everything in my post. You manage to live up to your name really well"

--In your last post? Must haven't gotten to you that I didn't since you goad me there at the end...