2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
Hmm... two question's?

1. Whats the time?
2. Do you like the weather today?

I try to keep the questions as simple as possible, so that the theist can respond without the remote desktop connection set up.
That makes it too complicated, the results are not very useful.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Marco Krieger's post
25-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Why am I once again out of Vanilla coke?

Can you go and buy me some Vanilla coke?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
25-09-2012, 08:17 AM
1. Why is faith at all necessary to God and, so much so, that some religions claim you will burn in hell no matter what else you do if you do not have faith?

2. Why did a perfect God create a very imperfect earth full of millions of living things all of which he loves dearly, but which he designed to literally feed off of each other.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
25-09-2012, 08:30 AM
How do you think
the things that you do?
No one I know
Could ever make sense of you...

Did it ever occur to you
To say Why, why, why?
25-09-2012, 08:35 AM
(25-09-2012 07:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why am I once again out of Vanilla coke?

Can you go and buy me some Vanilla coke?

I am insulted by the idea of Vanilla coke!
I will burn your internet-present's and chope off your broadband cable connection.
There is no coke except cherry coke!

[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post
25-09-2012, 09:05 AM
The answers are quite simple.

1. No
2. Because of the ample evidence AGAINST Santa's existence.

If you would like we can go through such evidence, though I'm sure you know most of it as well - which is also why you don't believe.

If you are trying to make a comparison about God, than you might want to be prepared to answer similarly.

That is:
1. do you beleive in God.
2. why not?

I would assume for number two you be wanting and able to provide a list of ample evidence AGAINST God.

if you feel you can do so, I would love to discuss it further and see what evidence you have against God - similar to the evidence we both have against Santa.
25-09-2012, 09:07 AM
1. Do you know that you're delusional?
2. Well, do you?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-09-2012, 09:09 AM
(25-09-2012 09:05 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  1. do you beleive in God.
2. why not?

I would assume for number two you be wanting and able to provide a list of ample evidence AGAINST God.
1. No.
2. Because there is not one shred of evidence supporting his existence. Much like with Santa Claus.

(25-09-2012 09:05 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  if you feel you can do so, I would love to discuss it further and see what evidence you have against God - similar to the evidence we both have against Santa.
What evidence do you have to disprove the existence of Santa?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-09-2012, 09:11 AM
"1. Why is faith at all necessary to God and, so much so, that some religions claim you will burn in hell no matter what else you do if you do not have faith?

2. Why did a perfect God create a very imperfect earth full of millions of living things all of which he loves dearly, but which he designed to literally feed off of each other."

1. For one, it's a choice to be with God or without God. Of course to be with God one would have to believe in Him first (wouldn't that follow?). Second, if you don't want to be with God, do you believe he shoudl FORCE you to be with him? that wouldn't be very loving, plus it would negate our free will.

2. He didn't. Sin entered the world. It was perfect before then. Sin entered, we fell and continue to do so day in, day out. As to the design of the earth one could say: well I bet you seem to accept it from an evolution standpoint without moral objection, why would or should it be any different for God? Of course there is an argument that the world was not designed as such and that sin corrupted it.
25-09-2012, 09:21 AM
(25-09-2012 09:11 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  "1. Why is faith at all necessary to God and, so much so, that some religions claim you will burn in hell no matter what else you do if you do not have faith?

2. Why did a perfect God create a very imperfect earth full of millions of living things all of which he loves dearly, but which he designed to literally feed off of each other."

1. For one, it's a choice to be with God or without God. Of course to be with God one would have to believe in Him first (wouldn't that follow?). Second, if you don't want to be with God, do you believe he shoudl FORCE you to be with him? that wouldn't be very loving, plus it would negate our free will.

2. He didn't. Sin entered the world. It was perfect before then. Sin entered, we fell and continue to do so day in, day out. As to the design of the earth one could say: well I bet you seem to accept it from an evolution standpoint without moral objection, why would or should it be any different for God? Of course there is an argument that the world was not designed as such and that sin corrupted it.

1. No, he should not force me, he should convince me.
If he is only capable to offer heaven or hell, i take door number three and leave the poor guy alone.
2. Who created the sin?

[+] 2 users Like Marco Krieger's post