2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
(29-09-2012 01:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course, 4 has numerological significance in this context. And I'm thinking he means "most prolific and congruent" when he says "most reliable." According to my figuring, of course the copies of the texts are congruent - it was quite literally a play - the NT a script for evangelical Judaism.

But try to ease off of Idiot. We could use another decent theist around here. Thumbsup

That's true, We're so used to the weekly dose of hit and run, drive by, who think they're the first, come to save us. We'll see.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-09-2012, 01:32 PM
(29-09-2012 01:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course, 4 has numerological significance in this context. And I'm thinking he means "most prolific and congruent" when he says "most reliable." According to my figuring, of course the copies of the texts are congruent - it was quite literally a play - the NT a script for evangelical Judaism.

But try to ease off of Idiot. We could use another decent theist around here. Thumbsup

But 1 is the loneliest number.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-09-2012, 01:32 PM
The only theist that has proven their muster here is KC.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
29-09-2012, 01:39 PM
(29-09-2012 01:32 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The only theist that has proven their muster here is KC.

Technically he's only proven his mustard, but that's better anyway. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-09-2012, 01:46 PM
(29-09-2012 01:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 01:32 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The only theist that has proven their muster here is KC.

Technically he's only proven his mustard, but that's better anyway. Tongue

I was thinking more horseradish. Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2012, 01:52 PM
(29-09-2012 01:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 01:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Technically he's only proven his mustard, but that's better anyway. Tongue

I was thinking more horseradish. Consider

I do love me some horseradish Thumbsup

~Izel
29-09-2012, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2012 02:47 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-09-2012 09:55 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  And still no promised Pearl Refutation....

well, I dont' really expect one anymore...

Oh sorry. It's part of a larger question. Many of the other parables in the gospels were directly plagiarized from other sources, so I'm turning it into a paper.
see 8:34

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-09-2012, 02:44 PM
(24-09-2012 09:07 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  1. When you die, can I have your stereo?
2. When I die, can I take your stereo with me to hell? Seriously, a 70s Pioneer? That is nice.

With headphones. Ya gotta have the headphones,

29-09-2012, 03:26 PM
(24-09-2012 09:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  1. Do you believe in Santa Claus?

2. Why did you stop believing in Santa Claus?

That would pretty much be it.

Many Atheists pull this Santa Claus stunt around Theists to try and prove a point that is quite shady.
This kind of thinking can back-fire on you as you use this way of thinking around people like me who know better than to fall for it.

As 'Caffeinesoul' stated:

(24-09-2012 09:03 PM)Caffeinesoul Wrote:  1) What do you believe?
2) Why do you believe it?

I'd then list all of their logical fallacies and leave them to think about things.

The Black or White fallacy is what is commonly implied here when asking the question about Santa Claus.
Either you believe Santa Claus exists, or you don't.

So the logic is; if you believe Santa Claus does not exist, then you can use the same reasoning to believe that God does not exist either.
The part where it back-fires is that this logic does not hardly follow because of it's irrelevancy.
Because A does not exist, that therefore means B does not exist either.
It's a game that you can play with weak-minded Theists and win all day. Play it with me, and you'll get mud in your face.

I lose more respect for Atheists the more often I come to this site.

Grow up.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
29-09-2012, 03:33 PM
(29-09-2012 03:26 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 09:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  1. Do you believe in Santa Claus?

2. Why did you stop believing in Santa Claus?

That would pretty much be it.

Many Atheists pull this Santa Claus stunt around Theists to try and prove a point that is quite shady.
This kind of thinking can back-fire on you as you use this way of thinking around people like me who know better than to fall for it.

As 'Caffeinesoul' stated:

(24-09-2012 09:03 PM)Caffeinesoul Wrote:  1) What do you believe?
2) Why do you believe it?

I'd then list all of their logical fallacies and leave them to think about things.

The Black or White fallacy is what is commonly implied here when asking the question about Santa Claus.
Either you believe Santa Claus exists, or you don't.

So the logic is; if you believe Santa Claus does not exist, then you can use the same reasoning to believe that God does not exist either.
The part where it back-fires is that this logic does not hardly follow because of it's irrelevancy.
Because A does not exist, that therefore means B does not exist either.
It's a game that you can play with weak-minded Theists and win all day. Play it with me, and you'll get mud in your face.

I lose more respect for Atheists the more often I come to this site.

Grow up.

Yeah, well we've lost ALL respect for you. You have MOUNTAINS of questions you've never even addressed. I'm surprised you even have the guts to show your face here.