2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
(29-09-2012 02:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 09:55 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  And still no promised Pearl Refutation....

well, I dont' really expect one anymore...

Oh sorry. It's part of a larger question. Many of the other parables in the gospels were directly plagiarized from other sources, so I'm turning it into a paper.
see 8:34

I eagerly await!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Bucky -

I'll get back to your full post, however let me deal with this first

You stated my dating of the Gospel of Thomas is wrong - that is was dated around 130.

Um...if you LOOK at the list I provided through THIS LINK: http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/

The GOSPEL OF THOMAS is dated what?_______________________________________

50-140. EARLIER that even what you are claiming above.

In that list, the ACTS OF THOMAS is listed 200-225. If an earlier piece has been found, it really doesn't change much in my argument regarding the Pear as it is still AFTER Luke. who's dating is 80-130.

So it's either AT the same time, or still later that Luke.
01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
(30-09-2012 11:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So Idiot for Christ, researching my Parables paper, I ran into a quote, in Hadrian's letters, which of course the fundies NEVER mention, in their proofs of Jeebus, in the history debate. I wonder why ? Consider

"From Hadrian Augustus to Servianus the consul, greeting. The land of Egypt, the praises of which you have been recounting to me, my dear Servianus, I have found to be wholly light-minded, unstable, and blown about by every breath of rumor. There, those who worship Serapis are, in fact, Christians, and those who call themselves bishops of Christ are, in fact, devotees of Serapis. There is no chief of the Jewish synagogue, no Samaritan, no Christian presbyter, who is not an astrologer, a soothsayer, or an anointer. Even the Patriarch himself, when he comes to Egypt, is forced by some to worship Serapis, by others to worship Christ. They are a folk most seditious, most deceitful, most given to injury; but their city is prosperous, rich, and fruitful, and in it no one is idle."

(Hadrian lived 76-138).

Nice, I'll add him to the list. So there, another external validation of Jesus. or at least someone called Christ.

Though i may say, that perhaps a reason people DON'T include it is because the quote doesn't say Jesus...only Christ.

However, I'll take it as additional external evidence, thanks!
01-10-2012, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 01:47 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-10-2012 12:55 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Bucky -

You stated my dating of the Gospel of Thomas is wrong - that is was dated around 130.

Um...if you LOOK at the list I provided through THIS LINK: http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/

In that list, the ACTS OF THOMAS is listed 200-225. If an earlier piece has been found, it really doesn't change much in my argument regarding the Pear as it is still AFTER Luke. who's dating is 80-130.

Unless, it existed, independent of both, which I will show, ...so wait until I prove that. along with the origins of many of the other parables. The paper isn't ready, and I write for many, not just you heretics. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
(01-10-2012 01:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 12:55 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Bucky -

Unless, it existed, independent of both, which I will show, ...so wait until I prove that. along with the origins of many of the other parables. The paper isn't ready, and I write for many, not just you heretics.

UNLESS it existed independent of both? Which? ACTS or GOSPEL?

But at least you can clarify what you mean that I "was wrong" about my date. As I have the GOSPEL listed earlier than you claim I do.
01-10-2012, 01:11 PM
2 questions to ask a theist.
(01-10-2012 01:00 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 11:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So Idiot for Christ, researching my Parables paper, I ran into a quote, in Hadrian's letters, which of course the fundies NEVER mention, in their proofs of Jeebus, in the history debate. I wonder why ? Consider

"From Hadrian Augustus to Servianus the consul, greeting. The land of Egypt, the praises of which you have been recounting to me, my dear Servianus, I have found to be wholly light-minded, unstable, and blown about by every breath of rumor. There, those who worship Serapis are, in fact, Christians, and those who call themselves bishops of Christ are, in fact, devotees of Serapis. There is no chief of the Jewish synagogue, no Samaritan, no Christian presbyter, who is not an astrologer, a soothsayer, or an anointer. Even the Patriarch himself, when he comes to Egypt, is forced by some to worship Serapis, by others to worship Christ. They are a folk most seditious, most deceitful, most given to injury; but their city is prosperous, rich, and fruitful, and in it no one is idle."

(Hadrian lived 76-138).

Nice, I'll add him to the list. So there, another external validation of Jesus. or at least someone called Christ.

Though i may say, that perhaps a reason people DON'T include it is because the quote doesn't say Jesus...only Christ.

Christ is not a name. It's a title. Christos is the Greek translation for the Hebrew word Messiah, meaning Anointed One, sent by YHWH for some holy mission. Many people were called messiah or Christ so a single reference to Christ does not imply anything about a man named Yeshua bar Yosef having ever existed.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 01:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-10-2012 01:00 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  

(Hadrian lived 76-138).

Nope. All that proves, just as ALL the other so called "proofs" you (and I do say it with as much "affection" as one could EVER POSSIBLY muster, cough cough) IDIOTS use, is that there was a group which "called themselves" Christian, and there is no dispute about that. It in no way "proves Christ".

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 01:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-10-2012 01:09 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 01:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Unless, it existed, independent of both, which I will show, ...so wait until I prove that. along with the origins of many of the other parables. The paper isn't ready, and I write for many, not just you heretics.

UNLESS it existed independent of both? Which? ACTS or GOSPEL?

But at least you can clarify what you mean that I "was wrong" about my date. As I have the GOSPEL listed earlier than you claim I do.

Both means both. BOTH Thomas, and the gospels used widely circulating parables, some of which as we will see, were in OTHER books, ( the "other" books were also quoted in OTHER NT texts). All in good time, all in good time. Big Grin

01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Gotta SLAP my own forehead. HARD TOO!

Sorry for whoever posted it, and I lost it among the masses but yes: SOCRATES!

The whole time WRITING Plato, all the while thinking Socrates.

Thanks for pointing out that HUGE ASS ERROR!

As soon I as I read it, I D'ohed! myself.

Sorry to you too, Bucky - in our discussion - as that became a point of our discussion. And thus confusing the issue and most likely each other in the process...

Again, meaning SOCRATES all the while happily typing Plato...

Ugh...well, never did say I was perfect!
01-10-2012, 01:25 PM
(01-10-2012 01:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 01:09 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  UNLESS it existed independent of both? Which? ACTS or GOSPEL?

Both means both. BOTH Thomas, and the gospels used widely circulating parables, some of which as we will see, were in OTHER books, ( the "other" books were also quoted in OTHER NT texts). All in good time, all in good time. Big Grin

Then please retract the statement that I made an error - as I clearly didn't.

When I do, I admit them like I just did.

However, in this case I WAS correct (in fact earlier) in my dating of the Gospel of Thomas.