2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
1. For one, it's a choice to be with God or without God. Of course to be with God one would have to believe in Him first (wouldn't that follow?). Second, if you don't want to be with God, do you believe he shoudl FORCE you to be with him? that wouldn't be very loving, plus it would negate our free will.

BELIEF IS NOT A CHOICE. THINK ABOUT IT. Can you choose to believe I have a million dollars in my pocket? NO.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2012, 12:19 AM
1. What percentage of your faith is based in fear and guilt? Be honest.
2. How did you come to be a Christian? This has to lead to the idea of indoctrination in most cases.
04-10-2012, 08:16 AM
My response ended up being so lengthy that I just converted it into a pdf to attach here. See what you think. I broke it up into 2 sections, the first addresses the fallacies in your earlier posts to me and the second addresses your last posts and questions.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
04-10-2012, 09:39 AM
@TheBeardedDude8: Good job, that was an interesting read. Thumbsup

Here's another site for you to read, IfC.
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/your-delusion.htm

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
04-10-2012, 09:57 AM
I spent quite a while this morning on that.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
04-10-2012, 10:07 AM
(04-10-2012 09:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I spent quite a while this morning on that.

This may take some time for a reply. For one reason I have a family matter going on that will take up quite a bit of time for the next few days.

But I will get to it.
04-10-2012, 10:37 AM
(04-10-2012 10:07 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 09:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I spent quite a while this morning on that.

This may take some time for a reply. For one reason I have a family matter going on that will take up quite a bit of time for the next few days.

But I will get to it.

Family far exceeds internet posts. I understand.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-10-2012, 10:41 AM
(04-10-2012 10:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 10:07 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  This may take some time for a reply. For one reason I have a family matter going on that will take up quite a bit of time for the next few days.

But I will get to it.

Family far exceeds internet posts. I understand.

Okay, should get to this in the next day or two.
09-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Okay,

So I got through your reply.

There are some issues with it, however, I addressed those issues within my reply.

I just need to get through the formatting, etc. and should be able to post it tomorrow.

Though, with the grand size of it, I may/may not break it up or upload it as you did.
10-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I had not anticipated you agreeing with everything I said, so I do not find it surprising that you have taken issue with portions of it. Break it up if it needs it in order for me to understand your arguments, otherwise just post it. I can trudge through it.

—Thomas Henry Huxley