2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
If an omnipotent God created everything did he also create all of the evil in world?

If he is the creator of everything that is evil are you evil for worshiping him?

Of course these would only work on a monotheist...if we are talking to a polytheist I might go with

Am I the God of rationalism?

Can you tell me why you doubt that I am?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 01:08 PM
BD - I have answered the first question, MANY times.

What have I said?

Answer that, I'll continue
10-10-2012, 01:16 PM
1: Compared to atheists, how do you generally react to oblivious and stupid theists?

I remember once a theist presented his "proof" that science (generally astronomy) is fake. He "proved" that planets are not made up of gases because his wife uses a gas oven when she cooks and no planets are formed out of it. I at first was convinced he was a propaganda trolling atheist trying to make theists look...you know...Harry Dunn like, but according to all his links, his activity and affiliates he's "the real deal." I've always wondered how would you rank your judgement of ALL atheists compared to a proven idiotic theist?

2: When referencing the 10 commandments, which of the 3 or 4 versions are you referencing?

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
10-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I am not going through this thread to dig for some obscure series of posts where you dance around the question. Either you can or you cannot. If you can, do it. If you cannot and it is all faith-based belief, then what is logical about that?

I have not seen anything in a reply to me that demonstrates any type of god. I have seen no evidence and no logical argument leading any observation to the conclusion of god.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
10-10-2012, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 06:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-10-2012 01:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If an omnipotent God created everything did he also create all of the evil in world?

If he is the creator of everything that is evil are you evil for worshiping him?

Of course these would only work on a monotheist...if we are talking to a polytheist I might go with

No. The "evil", (and subsequent) "salvation" paradigm is an ancient attempt, by ignorant humans, (who *changed* their OWN myth system in Genesis, which was originally not "sin", but Chaos), to explain the world they saw, and see around them before the scientific method was developed.
Science, Psychology, Cognitive Neuro-science, Neuro-chemistry, Evolution, Probability, Statistics now has perfectly reasonable explanations for those willing to invest the time and effort into obtaining an education about these complex matters.
The long complex history of "Evil"/"sin"(a word from the Old English which means "to miss the mark")/unfortunate occurrences/mistaken short term actions vs long term consequences is subject to perfectly rational analysis, (after the education is obtained). "Evil" does not exist apart from human brains, and human activity. What "indivisual" humans perceive as "unfortunate", (ie death, and misfortune") are not really "unfortunate" for the group. We would not really want the universe to be unpredictable, and death allows for the evolution of the species. The goal of evolution is NOT the evolution of individuals. As a system, it works 100 % perfectly. There is nothing "evil" about anything.
There are explanations for everything we see, without invoking "evil", and "sin".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-10-2012, 03:10 PM
(10-10-2012 02:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 01:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If an omnipotent God created everything did he also create all of the evil in world?

No. The "evil", (and subsequent) "salvation" paradigm is an ancient attempt, by ignorant humans, (who *changed* their OWN myth system in Genesis, which was originally not "sin", but Chaos), to explain the world they saw, and see around them before the scientific method was developed.
Science, Psychology, Cognitive Neuro-science, Neuro-chemistry, Evolution, Probability, Statistics now has perfectly reasonable explanations for those willing to invest the time and effort into obtaining an education about these complex matters.
The long complex history of "Evil"/"sin"(a word from the Old English which means "to miss the mark")/unfortunate occurrences/mistaken short term actions vs long term consequences is subject to perfectly rational analysis, (after the education is obtained). "Evil" does not exist apart from human brains, and human activity. What "indivisual" humans perceive as "unfortunate", (ie death, and misfortune") are not really "unfortunate" for the group. We would nit really want the universe to be unpredictable, and death allows for the evolution of the species. The goal of evolution is NOT the evolution of individuals. As a system, it works 100 % perfectly. There is nothing "evil" about anything.
There are expplanations for everything we see, without invoking "evil", and "sin".

If you are a theist of any religion I have ever come across then you must also believe in evil/sin, this question was not designed to try convert an atheist to atheism.

10-10-2012, 03:15 PM
(10-10-2012 03:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 02:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. The "evil", (and subsequent) "salvation" paradigm is an ancient attempt, by ignorant humans, (who *changed* their OWN myth system in Genesis, which was originally not "sin", but Chaos), to explain the world they saw, and see around them before the scientific method was developed.
The long complex history of "Evil"/"sin"(a word from the Old English which means "to miss the mark")/unfortunate occurrences/mistaken short term actions vs long term consequences is subject to perfectly rational analysis, (after the education is obtained). "Evil" does not exist apart from human brains, and human activity. What "indivisual" humans perceive as "unfortunate", (ie death, and misfortune") are not really "unfortunate" for the group. We would nit really want the universe to be unpredictable, and death allows for the evolution of the species. The goal of evolution is NOT the evolution of individuals. As a system, it works 100 % perfectly. There is nothing "evil" about anything.
There are expplanations for everything we see, without invoking "evil", and "sin".

If you are a theist of any religion I have ever come across then you must also believe in evil/sin, this question was not designed to try convert an atheist to atheism.

Of course. It was not directed at you. It was directed at any passing theists. Tongue

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Hey BB -

How's that paper going?
10-10-2012, 03:18 PM
(10-10-2012 03:16 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Hey BB -

How's that paper going?

Coming along. There are others in line before that one. And I have to go to real school. Some of my books are on loan to a friend doing her dissertation. I'll need them back to finish it.

10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
(10-10-2012 02:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I am not going through this thread to dig for some obscure series of posts where you dance around the question. Either you can or you cannot. If you can, do it. If you cannot and it is all faith-based belief, then what is logical about that?

I have not seen anything in a reply to me that demonstrates any type of god. I have seen no evidence and no logical argument leading any observation to the conclusion of god.

BD - I'm beginning to think you didn't really read my replies, as that answer was quite prominent.