2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 09:56 AM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
Kim -

"Why must an all powerful faith apply restrictions infinity and freedom?
Why must an all powerful faith require people to be convinced of it? "

1. Could you clarify "apply restrictions infinity and freedom?"
2. I would suggest you read the parable of the prodigal son for that answer. The only requirement is our choice...and faith helps us make that choice in the end.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 09:59 AM
"2. Who created the nature of god?"

Sure I'll play along - however, your question shows you didn't really read the other answers did you? Naw, just wanted to fire off endless questions. Fine, not wasting my time discussing God, I love to talk about God, keep asking and giving me the opportunity to!

However, please, before you do ask questions (even if they are just for the fun of it) read and understand the answers - as this one is/was answers by the previous as the question is similar.
[+] 1 user Likes Idiot for Christ's post
25-09-2012, 10:05 AM
How come I don't see no "Idiot for Christ" intro thread? Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-09-2012, 10:05 AM
How about these questions?

1. Which god do you believe in?
2. Why not believe in some other god?
25-09-2012, 10:10 AM
"1. Which god do you believe in?
2. Why not believe in some other god?"

Sure we can get to those questions...however, the questions I posed as per my challenge haven't been answered - especially by the challengers. So I'll await their response so we don't get detracted from the original questions I answered then in turn asked.

But I will answer #1 just as a point of context in regards to my answers of other questions: the Abrahamic God of the Christian (and Jewish) faiths.
25-09-2012, 10:12 AM
"How come I don't see no "Idiot for Christ" intro thread?"

Easy - I didn't do one.
25-09-2012, 10:12 AM
How come Idiot thinks this is his thread? Consider

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-09-2012, 10:13 AM
(25-09-2012 10:12 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  "How come I don't see no "Idiot for Christ" intro thread?"

Easy - I didn't do one.

Should do. Helps us to think you're not a troll. Welcome to the board. Don't mind the language. Wink

25-09-2012, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 10:22 AM by Vosur.)
(25-09-2012 09:36 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Okay! so Vosur wishes to play...let's see how this goes!

Vosur says this: "What evidence do you have to disprove the existence of Santa? "

Okay, so my challenge as you remember Vosur is that I CAN provide evidence against Santa (evidentally you don't think I can) and that you (since you have answered the challenge) will do the same for God.

So then, let's get this one out of the way: the scientific argument AGAINST Santa: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread....sn-t-Exist

Of course ones similar to it are fould throughout the interweb.

Okay, now to what you wish to claim "absence of evidence = evidence of absence".
In the case of Santa, this is strong - God? well, that's for you to put forth.

1. No evidence of elves existing anywhere, including N. Pole.
2. No evidence of a toy manufactoring plant in the N. Pole owned by Santa, worked at by elves. And this would have to be a biiiiiig place to make all those toys.
3. No evidence of flying reindeer (as listed in link).
4. No guy evey actually claiming to be Santa has ever proven he was Santa.

So let's move on to the good evidence against Santa.

1. All parents admit that it is THEY who provide the child with toys on Christmas Eve - not Santa.
2. Toys Santa supposedly makes at his shop, can be purchased at various store around the world and are actually made by OTHER companies (ample proof of this).
3. All Santas found at malls around Christmas times are actually persons playing Santa.
4. Same with the elves.
5. the Santa that we all know and love (especially children) who is at the mall and on Coke products during the holiday season was created by Haddon Sundblom (though there were other depictions of Santa, this one caught on).
6. Santa's origins can be traced back - try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus for more info.

This should be enough to get us started. I am interested in your equally compelling evidence against God (beyond the usual "no evidence" argument). As I pointed out, that is ONLY a good use for evidence against, if it's used to point out what evidence we SHOULD see.

I await!
None of these disprove Santa Claus' existence. Try again.

1. Claimed 'miracles' turn out to be fake every single time
2. Faith healing doesn't work
3. Prayer doesn't do anything
4. No evidence for god
5. No evidence for angels, devils or any other supernatural creatures
6. We can trace back god's origins
7. No need for god(s) to explain anything
etc.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-09-2012, 10:17 AM
(25-09-2012 09:11 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  "1. Why is faith at all necessary to God and, so much so, that some religions claim you will burn in hell no matter what else you do if you do not have faith?

2. Why did a perfect God create a very imperfect earth full of millions of living things all of which he loves dearly, but which he designed to literally feed off of each other."

1. For one, it's a choice to be with God or without God. Of course to be with God one would have to believe in Him first (wouldn't that follow?). Second, if you don't want to be with God, do you believe he shoudl FORCE you to be with him? that wouldn't be very loving, plus it would negate our free will.

2. He didn't. Sin entered the world. It was perfect before then. Sin entered, we fell and continue to do so day in, day out. As to the design of the earth one could say: well I bet you seem to accept it from an evolution standpoint without moral objection, why would or should it be any different for God? Of course there is an argument that the world was not designed as such and that sin corrupted it.
1. God could stand before me so I don't have to have faith and I would still need to make a choice whether to follow him. And, given the many imperfections that he displays (anger, jealousy, etc.), I very well might choose not to. Merely showing himself to me wouldn't force me to do anything. The really interesting thing would be when each of the thousands of gods stood before me, which would I choose...?

2. I didn't realize the earth sinned. Interesting. I also didn't realize plants, fish, animals, and insects sinned. Equally interesting.

Actually, sin corrupts humans. At least that's what I had been taught. Humans can corrupt other things - polluting the air for example - but surely you don't think humans have caused earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, or have caused bears to eat fish, birds to eat worms, frogs to eat flies, etc. Even if everything you believe is true, then it was God who created those things perhaps because of sin which again compels me to ask why...? He already has hell to punish, he doesn't need anything else. By that teaching, here on earth, he wants us to follow him and worship him. So, in his infinite wisdom, making us suffer is his idea of the best way to accomplish that?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair