2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2012, 09:28 AM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
(13-10-2012 07:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 05:42 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Speaking of people who keep dodging challenges, you're one of them too, because you keep dodging my challenge to deliver evidence for the resurrection of Jesus. Wink
Ask him into your heart Vosur Big Grin

Yeah, I dare you both to do just that!

Ah, but you won't...too scared...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2012, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 10:35 AM by Vosur.)
(13-10-2012 09:25 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  I know, because you DESERVE a reply from me...

However, I do feel honored that you have hung in there so long...I guess I'll call this another request.

As I told you - 8 times, then we'll chat about it.

What's this? Four?

Just four more times...

[Image: 9kRY3.jpg]

You can either accept my challenge and bring forth arguments backing up the historical validity of the resurrection of Jesus, or you can get lost. I don't feel like wasting my time on a troll today. That being said, even if you did accept my challenge, you would probably run away from it after being called out on your fallacious arguments, much like previously in this thread when we argued about the validity of comparing a belief in Santa Claus with a belief in the Christian god.

(13-10-2012 09:25 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Yeah, I dare you both to do just that!

Are you joking?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
13-10-2012, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 03:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-10-2012 09:28 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 07:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ask him into your heart Vosur Big Grin

Yeah, I dare you both to do just that!

Many of us here have already tried that, Idiot. For the luckiest ones, they never swallowed it in the first place (Chas comes to mind), for others we puked it up as soon as we realized the poison was starting to take effect (Bucky and Girly come to mind), others of us needed the help of an emetic, and some required pumping of the stomach (Hellbound comes to mind).

You are not in some tribal community of ignorant primitive backwards natives who just need to hear the Word of God in order to be saved, many of us have already committed the unforgivable sin of accepting the Holy Spirit into our hearts and then vomiting it up later to save our intellect. Doesn't scare me none, maintaining the integrity of the intellect is far more pragmatic and useful than maintaining some bullshit delusional promise of a postmortem preservation of identity. ... Fucking Idiot.

Does it qualify as ad hominem if the other party admits they're a fucknig Idiot going into the argument. ... 'cause that kinda takes all the fun out of it. ... Consider

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Did our discussion start yet, IFC? I am not pressing you, just wondering if it did.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
13-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I've been digging, but this is a pretty deep thread at this point. Has IFC made any actual assertions about his faith? I would pick one of those as a starting point for a debate. The previous example of Rome and it's influence, or lack of, in the spread of Christianity is irrelevant to theists and non-theists alike. The tenacity a message doesn't indicate whether or not it's true.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
13-10-2012, 07:04 PM
2 questions to ask a theist.
(13-10-2012 06:15 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I've been digging, but this is a pretty deep thread at this point. Has IFC made any actual assertions about his faith? I would pick one of those as a starting point for a debate. The previous example of Rome and it's influence, or lack of, in the spread of Christianity is irrelevant to theists and non-theists alike. The tenacity a message doesn't indicate whether or not it's true.

He uses his own confirmation bias and appeals to his "authority" to discount any arguments you might think of.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-10-2012, 01:15 AM
(13-10-2012 07:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 06:15 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I've been digging, but this is a pretty deep thread at this point. Has IFC made any actual assertions about his faith? I would pick one of those as a starting point for a debate. The previous example of Rome and it's influence, or lack of, in the spread of Christianity is irrelevant to theists and non-theists alike. The tenacity a message doesn't indicate whether or not it's true.

He uses his own confirmation bias and appeals to his "authority" to discount any arguments you might think of.

RESPECT MA AUTHORITAY!
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-10-2012, 01:16 AM
(14-10-2012 01:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 07:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  He uses his own confirmation bias and appeals to his "authority" to discount any arguments you might think of.

RESPECT MA AUTHORITAY!

I certainly place your authority above his!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-10-2012, 01:18 AM
(14-10-2012 01:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-10-2012 01:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  RESPECT MA AUTHORITAY!

Any chance you respect it enough to BRING ME A SHRUBBERY ???

Recycled Monty Python jokes Big Grin They never get old.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-10-2012, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2012 01:50 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-10-2012 01:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-10-2012 01:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  RESPECT MA AUTHORITAY!

Your're not the boss of me. Drinking Beverage

BTW, my two questions for a theist are:
1. why did god put an "s" in "lisp", ("KC's ontological dilemma"), and
2. how would a theist with no teeth and a lisp pronounce "some theists suck suckwads sometimes when searching for scarlet silk socks to subscribe to Jesus' sacred stuff, even while summing some scrabble shit so singular sinners sent south would sooner seem silent then spent, so seven super saps seem satisfied supping on soup and stale steak sandwitches" ? Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post