2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 02:55 PM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
(14-10-2012 08:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I love the fact that I of C argument for Christianity's spread is Jesus's message, that its spread must mean it is true. Especially since it spread so widely so quickly (but not because of Rome apparently). Of course that must mean that Islam is more true today as it has the highest number of conversions per year of any religion. So Islam's truthiness exceeds that of Christiainity's? Wait for the special pleading in 3...2....

I knew you couldn't stay away from me.

However, I shall point this out AGAIN.

Please quote me where I say that because ..."Christianity's spread is Jesus' message, that it must be true."

Please find argument I made and quote and paste it. Paste the quote where I make this argument.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Everyone hold hands and head for the nearest fallout shelter in a calm and organized manner.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
15-10-2012, 03:03 PM
15-10-2012, 03:22 PM
IFC picks and chooses who and what he responds to. Sucks when someone returns the favor, huh?

The amount of knowledge you've shared with this group is minimal. You started out with some interesting posts and challenges, then quickly degraded to nothing more than an antagonist who tries to one up everyone. There are a few theists here who put you to shame with their contributions. You have a long way to go before you're among their ranks.

Go ahead and pound your fists on the table like a child because someone won't give you what you want. You're not going to be treated like an adult until you start acting like one.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
15-10-2012, 03:23 PM
BB -

Let's remind ourselves what you posted that I am STILL replying to:

Quote:The Parable of The Prodigal Son was a reworking of the popular, (at the time),
Hymn of the Pearl, in Gnostic literature.

http://www.gnosis.org/library/hymnpearl.htm

Jesus likely did not tell it as such. The authors of the Gospel of Thomas had it first, and the others picked it up.

That was YOUR post.

I then posted how Luke (80-130) was older than the ACTS of Thomas (200-250)(which is where the Hymn of the Peal is found - even says so in your link) by quite some time.
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/alphabetical.html

What does the GOSPEL of Thomas (50-140) have?

The merchant and the pearl: http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/th...mas76.html

However, you then went to say I had the date of the Gospel of Thomas wrong, but THAT claim was wrong - to which you didn't retract.

You then go on to say that you are writing a paper on this.

I ask you about it, for some additional info, you call me names.

well, name calling doesn't take away the problem you have with solving the problem how Luke "bases" The Prodigal son off the Hymn of the Pearl.

Ask for the name of books and for additional information on your claim: I get a list of papers you are working on.

I ask again: I get a "fuck off."

I didn't question your credibility...but you certainly aren't helping it. So swear away!
15-10-2012, 03:26 PM
(15-10-2012 03:22 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  IFC picks and chooses who and what he responds to. Sucks when someone returns the favor, huh?

The amount of knowledge you've shared with this group is minimal. You started out with some interesting posts and challenges, then quickly degraded to nothing more than an antagonist who tries to one up everyone. There are a few theists here who put you to shame with their contributions. You have a long way to go before you're among their ranks.

Go ahead and pound your fists on the table like a child because someone won't give you what you want. You're not going to be treated like an adult until you start acting like one.

LOL!

1) BB said he WOULD address it. Just holding him to it.
2) I'm not the one swearing and calling names (of which we find children do)
15-10-2012, 03:30 PM
(15-10-2012 03:26 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 03:22 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  IFC picks and chooses who and what he responds to. Sucks when someone returns the favor, huh?

LOL!

Just because people swear, it doesn't make any of what he says invalid. Now, I get you are waiting for him, but I don't think you should rush him. How about you just stay for a while a be patient?

By the way... What evidence do you have for the Ressurection of Jesus?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
15-10-2012, 03:35 PM
(15-10-2012 03:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 03:26 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  LOL!

Just because people swear, it doesn't make any of what he says invalid. Now, I get you are waiting for him, but I don't think you should rush him. How about you just stay for a while a be patient?

Correct, becuase they swear it doesn't negate what they say...however, when one swears because you just ask for some information, such as what books are you using?

One has to ask: why so hostile to such a question.

I said I was fine with waiting for the paper - which is why I asked for the further information.

Asking the names of text books, or additional links, etc....warrants a "fuck off" in your book?

Quote:By the way... What evidence do you have for the Ressurection of Jesus?

Ah! Let's go with this one, good!

What I think I will do - instead of getting it buried in this thread, I'll start a new one, good for you?
15-10-2012, 03:40 PM
(15-10-2012 03:35 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 03:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Just because people swear, it doesn't make any of what he says invalid. Now, I get you are waiting for him, but I don't think you should rush him. How about you just stay for a while a be patient?

Correct, becuase they swear it doesn't negate what they say...however, when one swears because you just ask for some information, such as what books are you using?

One has to ask: why so hostile to such a question.

I said I was fine with waiting for the paper - which is why I asked for the further information.

Asking the names of text books, or additional links, etc....warrants a "fuck off" in your book?

Quote:By the way... What evidence do you have for the Ressurection of Jesus?

Ah! Let's go with this one, good!

What I think I will do - instead of getting it buried in this thread, I'll start a new one, good for you?

Fine, I am game for a new thread. Of course I don't think it warrants a "Fuck off" but that wasn't what I was saying.

I just made it a point to try to cool down the situation and I saw that you made a quip about children and swearing. I can tell you from experience that BuckyBall is no child, and he barely cusses so I don't think it should be taken as a sign of immaturity.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
15-10-2012, 03:42 PM
(15-10-2012 03:26 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  1) BB said he WOULD address it. Just holding him to it.

LOL indeed! We also find children acting impatiently when they don't get what they want. You walked right into that one.

You're just going to have to wait for BB's papers like the rest of us.