2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 03:45 PM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
(15-10-2012 03:35 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Asking the names of text books, or additional links, etc....warrants a "fuck off" in your book?

No, but this does:
unless your sources don't really exist (or say what you are hinting at they do)...

Questioning someone's academic credibility with this sort of veiled insult deserves an F-bomb.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2012, 03:51 PM
(15-10-2012 03:40 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 03:35 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Correct, becuase they swear it doesn't negate what they say...however, when one swears because you just ask for some information, such as what books are you using?

One has to ask: why so hostile to such a question.

I said I was fine with waiting for the paper - which is why I asked for the further information.

Asking the names of text books, or additional links, etc....warrants a "fuck off" in your book?

Ah! Let's go with this one, good!

What I think I will do - instead of getting it buried in this thread, I'll start a new one, good for you?

Fine, I am game for a new thread. Of course I don't think it warrants a "Fuck off" but that wasn't what I was saying.

I just made it a point to try to cool down the situation and I saw that you made a quip about children and swearing. I can tell you from experience that BuckyBall is no child, and he barely cusses so I don't think it should be taken as a sign of immaturity.

I don't take it as such, my point was to whom it was addressed to, only that.
15-10-2012, 03:54 PM
(15-10-2012 03:45 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 03:35 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Asking the names of text books, or additional links, etc....warrants a "fuck off" in your book?

No, but this does:
unless your sources don't really exist (or say what you are hinting at they do)...

Questioning someone's academic credibility with this sort of veiled insult deserves an F-bomb.

If they do exist - why not just name them, simple, that's all I'm saying to Bucky...if he took offense to that, well, why?

All he had to do was list two - or however many books he lent out - and that would have ended the issue...however, what did he do?

RANT and SWEAR and still not name the books.

Was it a dig of sorts? Sure, because he won't name the books.

However, it seems to still hold, after all this: still no books listed.

You don't want to know what they are? Or you just take what Bucky says as, well, Gospel...
15-10-2012, 04:06 PM
(15-10-2012 03:45 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  

No, but this does:

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. You can't read what I for C was saying and draw a conclusion from what he said because he did not explicitly say it. You can't just read what someone writes and draw a conclusion for yourself. So silly. Please quote the exact line where what you are saying he said was said in so many words.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
15-10-2012, 04:33 PM
(15-10-2012 03:54 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  If they do exist - why not just name them, simple, that's all I'm saying to Bucky...if he took offense to that, well, why?
All he had to do was list two - or however many books he lent out - and that would have ended the issue...however, what did he do?
RANT and SWEAR and still not name the books.
Was it a dig of sorts? Sure, because he won't name the books.
However, it seems to still hold, after all this: still no books listed.
You don't want to know what they are? Or you just take what Bucky says as, well, Gospel...

Of course I want to know what they are. We're all information junkies here. Until I get to look at their content, they're irrelevant to me. Any argument based off of them can either be accepted on BB's past reputation or disregarded until the books are provided. You are within your grounds to ask for proof and you can absolutely dismiss any assertions about their content until it's proven. That's the way it works here.

Now go start that new thread about the resurrection!

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
15-10-2012, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 04:40 PM by Vosur.)
(15-10-2012 04:33 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Now go start that new thread about the resurrection!
Let's see if IfC is a better scholar than BB and Bart D. Ehrman. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-10-2012, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 10:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-10-2012 03:03 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Me thinks you protest too much...
You said you couldn't finish your paper because you lended out books. Fine, just curious what books they were...
not sure why that's a problem.
This reply, well, shows there just might be a problem.
For one, yes I picked ONE thing specifically as what you presented about the Hymn of the Peal was....SPECIFIC.
I challenged you on it, you said you're writing a paper on it...fine, someday we might get to see it.
In the meantime, I asked for some info. (ie the books you lent out that you will use in your paper)

Why is this a problem?

Shouldn't be...however....

I don't give a flying Censored what you think, or don't think. You wanted me to give you and your team, a preview of my sources, either because you/they have no real knowledge of the subject or you or they wanted to prepare a response. You think i was born yesterday ?

BTW the past tense of the verb "lend" is NOT "lended". It's leant.
Methinks THIS speaks volumes. Methinks. Methinks you don't think much. Methinks. Methinks "Lent" is a liturgical season, methinks. Methinks I know more about your Censored church than you do. Methinks. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
17-10-2012, 02:35 PM
17-10-2012, 03:16 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
17-10-2012, 03:51 PM
(17-10-2012 03:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 02:35 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  Evidently you do, or you wouldn't reply as you have.

Not sure why knowing your books, or as you put it: "preview or your sources" is such a big issue. You wanted me to do my own homework, I said fine, and would like to know what you are going to use in your paper.

Shouldn't be an issue, yet it seems to be for you.

Why?

Thanks again for the grammar lesson.

And you very well may...however, you still are reluctant to name what books you are going to use...why? If you do know more about church, or more specifically the issue of the Pearl we are discussing, than by no means me knowing your sources should hinder this at all. In fact, DESPITE knowing your sources, you should still be able to school me on it when the time comes.

yet...

No asshole. I'm not "reluctant". I flat out refuse. What part of NO do you not fucking get ?

And there we have it...for no good reason, you refuse...should've figured as much...