2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
(17-10-2012 03:51 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 03:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No asshole. I'm not "reluctant". I flat out refuse. What part of NO do you not fucking get ?

And there we have it...for no good reason, you refuse...should've figured as much...

I told you what my reasons were, you didn't like them. Now go get busy. I see you needed Craig to do your "resurrection" assignment. You both just got an "F" on that. So you're not doing well today, Johnny. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2012, 12:18 AM
I never believed in Santa Clause, my parents taught me from the start that it was a myth for fun. We were atheist who celebrated Christmas in that manner. I could answer yes or no to that question. I know a little about the history of Santa Claus, the Christian adoption of the pagan winter solstice celebrations and all of that. The point being that the story goes beyond the Coke add. I can't logically deny the existence of an obvious myth nor deny the existence of the twenty or so Santa Clauses I may pass on the way to the mall.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2012, 12:31 AM
(17-10-2012 03:51 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 03:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No asshole. I'm not "reluctant". I flat out refuse. What part of NO do you not fucking get ?

And there we have it...for no good reason, you refuse...should've figured as much...

I do understand now, after seeing how you plagiarized Craig, in the resurrection thread.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-10-2012, 10:17 AM
(18-10-2012 12:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 03:51 PM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  And there we have it...for no good reason, you refuse...should've figured as much...

I do understand now, after seeing how you plagiarized Craig, in the resurrection thread.

Buck "no books"

guess you didn't read the first part of my post: which states that one could find the same argument INCLUDING WLC. Hard to say I plagerized when I stated that the evidence presented is available elsewhere and even cited a specific person IE WLC. Also, I did provide link (including a debate by WLC) including how to search for additional information.
18-10-2012, 10:22 AM
(18-10-2012 10:17 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 12:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I do understand now, after seeing how you plagiarized Craig, in the resurrection thread.

Buck "no books"

guess you didn't read the first part of my post: which states that one could find the same argument INCLUDING WLC. Hard to say I plagerized when I stated that the evidence presented is available elsewhere and even cited a specific person IE WLC. Also, I did provide link (including a debate by WLC) including how to search for additional information.

Nope. No books. I did read the entire business where you asserted you can't think for yourself, and need others to do it for you.

18-10-2012, 04:15 PM
(18-10-2012 12:18 AM)The Theist Wrote:  I never believed in Santa Clause, my parents taught me from the start that it was a myth for fun. We were atheist who celebrated Christmas in that manner. I could answer yes or no to that question. I know a little about the history of Santa Claus, the Christian adoption of the pagan winter solstice celebrations and all of that. The point being that the story goes beyond the Coke add. I can't logically deny the existence of an obvious myth nor deny the existence of the twenty or so Santa Clauses I may pass on the way to the mall.

Yet you insist there is a god that you cannot see and that the obvious myths of the Bible are somehow convincing evidence. Your thinking is inconsistent.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-10-2012, 10:26 PM
(18-10-2012 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yet you insist there is a god that you cannot see and that the obvious myths of the Bible are somehow convincing evidence. Your thinking is inconsistent.

That is your uninformed opinion. I'm willing to hazard a guess that I have put more thought into the question than you have. This is because you say things like "obvious myths" in application to the Bible.
18-10-2012, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 11:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-10-2012 10:26 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yet you insist there is a god that you cannot see and that the obvious myths of the Bible are somehow convincing evidence. Your thinking is inconsistent.

That is your uninformed opinion. I'm willing to hazard a guess that I have put more thought into the question than you have. This is because you say things like "obvious myths" in application to the Bible.

Typical fundie theist. Thinks because they spend all their time doing Bible study, it some how is more valuable than study "about" the Bible. The Theist actually has no way of knowing how much time Chas has spent on the Bible. That statement presumes there is only one outcome of study. If only one legitimate outcome is acceptable, then it's no legitimate search for truth. What did you come here for Theist ? So far all you've demonstrated is your ignorance of real Biblical scholarship. What ? Did you theist sites not want to play "bible quote fights" ?

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-10-2012, 12:56 AM
What percentage of your faith is based in fear and guilt?
[+] 1 user Likes socken's post
19-10-2012, 06:21 AM
(18-10-2012 10:26 PM)The Theist Wrote:  

It is obvious once one has looked at the evidence of history, archaeology, textual analysis, and biology. There are several people on this forum whose Biblical knowledge far exceeds mine, however I have studied the evidence extensively. And I've read the whole damned Bible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]