2 questions to ask a theist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 10:37 AM
RE: 2 questions to ask a theist.
hey ifc, you do realize that most of the people here are trying to help you, but because you're confusing the assistor and the assisted nothing is being accomplished here.

(also, you fit in my pants? seriously?)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 10:38 AM
(25-09-2012 10:26 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  impulse: "but surely you don't think humans have caused earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions"

Um...I know some environmentalists that seem to think so. via pollution, drilling, fracking, etc....
And they're wrong. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that all those natural disasters have been around since long before humans have been polluting, drilling, etc. Really, until the development of nuclear power, I doubt we had anything even remotely capable of having the slightest influence on the structure of the earth. We STILL have nothing able to influence the wind.

(25-09-2012 10:26 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  However, "Actually, sin corrupts humans."

Correct, I didn't mean - if I did - to imply the opposite. However, there are some that believe that animals didn't eat each other BEFORE sin entered the world. I don't know if I subscribe to that, as in the long run, it really doesn't matter if that was the case or not. what matters is, of course, the corruption of the heart via sin. So yes, in that regard I agree with "sin corrupts humans."
I'm glad we agree on that much.

(25-09-2012 10:26 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  "He already has hell to punish, he doesn't need anything else. By that teaching, here on earth, he wants us to follow him and worship him. So, in his infinite wisdom, making us suffer is his idea of the best way to accomplish that?"

God gives a choice. Be with him or not. He wants us with him, yet he won't force us. We are allowed to go against his will and not chose him. However, there will come a time when this choice will have a consequence. Given this: Is chosing against him and then reaping our outcome HIM making us suffer?
Absolutely. Not being with him may be my choice, but my going specifically to hell being the only other alternative certainly is his choice. Such an all-loving god that he is...

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
25-09-2012, 10:42 AM
(25-09-2012 10:34 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  "So then again, who created sin? "

I guess you don't believe then that a nature can exist without being created?

Allowing FOR and creating aren't necessarily equal. God can ALLOW for a nature his oposite without creating it. Again, one would have to subcribe to a belief that natures ARE and are not created.

IE - do you believe logic exists?
You really need to learn what your own faith teaches. It teaches that God is the ultimate beginning of everything. Without him, there would be nothing - that includes love, logic, sin, etc. He supposedly created the universe, everything in it, all the laws of physics, time, etc. Everything.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
25-09-2012, 10:45 AM
(25-09-2012 10:31 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  "Idiot for christ did you take my pants? "

Yes....sorry...but they do really look better on me.

Ladies and gentlemen, it appears we may have a theist with a sense of humor!

IforC, stick around for a while. You'll get a whole lotta flack for a while, but if you manage to run the gauntlet, you may just find a place here that you kinda like.

......i hope you realize that your nickname is inevitably going to be "Idiot" though.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-09-2012, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 12:13 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
1. What are the similarities between 'Imaginary friend' and 'God'?

2. Who's to say your god isn't imaginary?

Then I'd duck and cover from a punch.

It was either that or go with Santa Claus.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
25-09-2012, 10:49 AM
(25-09-2012 10:45 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ......i hope you realize that your nickname is inevitably going to be "Idiot" though.

Jelly?

And what's all this talk about Xin's pants? Unsure

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-09-2012, 10:50 AM
(25-09-2012 10:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:45 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ......i hope you realize that your nickname is inevitably going to be "Idiot" though.

Jelly?

I left them here and IforC took them and put them on. Now I'm running around in PJ's.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

25-09-2012, 10:50 AM
(25-09-2012 09:05 AM)Idiot for Christ Wrote:  1. do you beleive in God.
2. why not?

I have no belief that there currently is or ever was a god.
If there were a god, it would be irrelevant to existence.

My previous questions were a response to the OP.
Also, "to" was mistakenly omitted -it's been corrected.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-09-2012, 10:51 AM
(25-09-2012 10:50 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Jelly?

I left them here and IforC took them and put them on. Now I'm running around in PJ's.

You wear pjs under your pants? And what are you doing taking your pants off for, anyway? Have you been drinking out of my glass? Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-09-2012, 10:55 AM
(25-09-2012 10:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:50 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  I left them here and IforC took them and put them on. Now I'm running around in PJ's.

You wear pjs under your pants? And what are you doing taking your pants off for, anyway? Have you been drinking out of my glass? Consider

Maybe Angel I also stole your gwynies when you weren't looking Evil_monster