20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2012, 08:32 AM
RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)
Anyone who takes this seriously has absolutely no understanding of politics or cyclical history. No one gives a shit who wants these petitions and how many angry white men sign it. They have no legal binding, and no state has the right to secede. If any state legislation promotes it, the law will be enforced by the federal government. The more signatures in each state, the more federalization. They are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
15-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Also side note, the government pays the armies weekly pay check so...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-11-2012, 07:12 PM
(15-11-2012 08:32 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Anyone who takes this seriously has absolutely no understanding of politics or cyclical history. No one gives a shit who wants these petitions and how many angry white men sign it. They have no legal binding, and no state has the right to secede. If any state legislation promotes it, the law will be enforced by the federal government. The more signatures in each state, the more federalization. They are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Well of course, the perfect slave is the one who thinks he is free. Not that the Americans are slaves, but the average America has a fundamentally flawed and exaggerated view of just how "democratic" the government is, not realizing that isn't so much a democratic government but a federal republic. The art of slacktivism is deluding yourself into believing your actions have a significant factor into the equation with little effort.

That being said, a lot of these numbnut online petitioners appear to be from the South, which doesn't surprise me at all, considering it is ingrained in the regional culture to overblow the whole "we the people" aspect of the US to inappropriate proportions and to hold a general distrust of federal government. Typical patterns, nothing surprising, but still comical and saddening to watch at the same time.

[Image: giphy.gif]
15-11-2012, 09:24 PM
The petition numbers in real terms are quite small. Out of the thousands of signatures for each state, most don't originate from within that state, and many people signed multiple petitions. So while there may be 100,000 signatures for Texas, the real number might be around 10,000 - and that's being generous. Ten thousand out of 25.7 million.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
15-11-2012, 09:44 PM
(15-11-2012 09:24 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  The petition numbers in real terms are quite small. Out of the thousands of signatures for each state, most don't originate from within that state, and many people signed multiple petitions. So while there may be 100,000 signatures for Texas, the real number might be around 10,000 - and that's being generous. Ten thousand out of 25.7 million.
Good point. Thumbsup

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
15-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Okay, Liberals or any type of Moderate would never, ever leave their country and normally if they do, it would be too an area of the world that most represents them. The irony is I hear a lot of these Conservative Republicans talking about going to Canada. I burst out laughing! I am like are you kidding me! America is essentially becoming similar to Canada on a lot of social issues. You pretty much are going to a country that has socialized ideas in place... Then I hear about different states wanting to become their own country and secede. I say, that is the dumbest thing I heard. Talk about abandoning your country! You didn't win, so what? Deal with it! Not that hard to comprehend that your life will not end when Obama is in office. They are all idiots. Texas, I always thought wanted to secede at one point and they tried but can't. The entire thing is dumb. Most of these people have no concept of what would happen if they do secede. In fact, they will lose everything in a heart beat. It is called being sore losers. They lost, they don't understand why (cause they are idiots) and they want to flew like cowards.
15-11-2012, 09:55 PM
(15-11-2012 09:53 PM)SanguaLuna Wrote:  Okay, Liberals or any type of Moderate would never, ever leave their country and normally if they do, it would be too an area of the world that most represents them. The irony is I hear a lot of these Conservative Republicans talking about going to Canada. I burst out laughing! I am like are you kidding me! America is essentially becoming similar to Canada on a lot of social issues. You pretty much are going to a country that has socialized ideas in place... Then I hear about different states wanting to become their own country and secede. I say, that is the dumbest thing I heard. Talk about abandoning your country! You didn't win, so what? Deal with it! Not that hard to comprehend that your life will not end when Obama is in office. They are all idiots. Texas, I always thought wanted to secede at one point and they tried but can't. The entire thing is dumb. Most of these people have no concept of what would happen if they do secede. In fact, they will lose everything in a heart beat. It is called being sore losers. They lost, they don't understand why (cause they are idiots) and they want to flew like cowards.
But Canada doesn't have a black person in charge, so it is okay for them.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
15-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Very true. lol... It is called, "I am not a racist.... But you voted for Koolaid man." Someone actually wrote that once in a debate on Facebook. I just face palmed. They complain that "we" play the race card, but they do it without even noticing it. If he was a white man, we would not have such issues.
[+] 1 user Likes SanguaLuna's post
16-11-2012, 04:20 AM
(15-11-2012 10:01 PM)SanguaLuna Wrote:  Very true. lol... It is called, "I am not a racist.... But you voted for Koolaid man." Someone actually wrote that once in a debate on Facebook. I just face palmed. They complain that "we" play the race card, but they do it without even noticing it. If he was a white man, we would not have such issues.
Dissent against U.S. policies is growing among many americans and one of the ways to divide this dissent or to weaken it is to of course simplify it as "just a bunch of white people" The liberals even did this with the 99 percent movement.

Any dissent in america must be put into a framework in which to make it seem crazy or not attractive, any government would do the same thing with dissenting groups.

Just letting you know you are doing a good job of repeating the government line.
"people are mad that they are poor and rich people are getting richer? well by golly they are nutty"

Drinking Beverage
16-11-2012, 04:50 AM
[Image: 526330_294971540614661_682444514_n.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post