20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2012, 02:28 PM
RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)
(16-11-2012 09:41 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 09:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Did you not read mine?

I can assure you that the majority of minorities, even in the south, vote democratic.
Of course they vote democratic but they are conservative socially, as in being homophobic etc etc.

Do you think religious southern black people or catholic hispanics are going to be socially liberal?
Did I say they are socially liberal? Continue with the strawman, it is funny to watch.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
17-11-2012, 07:21 PM
When Logica Humano gets a like from me in the politics section, and you are opposing him, you know you're fucked! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
17-11-2012, 07:27 PM
(17-11-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 02:07 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Yeah, I do not read anything in the Constitution that qualifies the presidential candidate to be born in the United States after the adoption of the constitution.
Then you must not be able to read. Or do you not have a copy of the Constitution? Try Googling it.
I don't think I understand you TrainWreck, and I think Chas may have misunderstood you. Do you mean you can't find anything that prevents a person from being elected president if they were not born in America, but were adopted as an American later? I think this is what Chas thought (Correct me if I'm wrong), but I am not convinced that is what you meant. Can you clarify what you meant?

17-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Re: RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)
(17-11-2012 07:27 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Then you must not be able to read. Or do you not have a copy of the Constitution? Try Googling it.
I don't think I understand you TrainWreck, and I think Chas may have misunderstood you. Do you mean you can't find anything that prevents a person from being elected president if they were not born in America, but were adopted as an American later? I think this is what Chas thought (Correct me if I'm wrong), but I am not convinced that is what you meant. Can you clarify what you meant?

The tail part of his comment is alluding to the fact that you could amend that aspect. He is always talking about the idea to change the constitution or rewrite a new one.

That change isn't drastic in this day. The reason for that was to prevent nobility from taking a claim from England and to make sure it was a man desiring to keep the states united. They added term limits, they could change that too.. Maybe not with a crazed party though.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-11-2012, 01:28 PM
(17-11-2012 07:27 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Then you must not be able to read. Or do you not have a copy of the Constitution? Try Googling it.
You understand me correctly, but not the adoption part.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
19-11-2012, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 01:38 PM by TrainWreck.)
(17-11-2012 08:28 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The tail part of his comment is alluding to the fact that you could amend that aspect. He is always talking about the idea to change the constitution or rewrite a new one.
I am not alluding to any amendment - I am very certain that the wording of the clause in question does not forbid foreign born people being elected president.

Why would the founders want to forbid a foreign born from being President if the implied goal is to have the smartest person appointed???

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
19-11-2012, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 01:47 PM by TrainWreck.)
(17-11-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 02:07 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Yeah, I do not read anything in the Constitution that qualifies the presidential candidate to be born in the United States after the adoption of the constitution.
Then you must not be able to read. Or do you not have a copy of the Constitution? Try Googling it.
Are you serious - you think I would make that mistake, when you know very well that the Constitution is considered to be negotiable as to its interpretations by liberals compared to conservatives - you think there is only one way to interpret it and you are the final arbiter???

I am composing drafts for a new constitutional system and you have the audacity to imply that I have not read the Constitution - I have it organized into a map.

19-11-2012, 02:55 PM
I am interested in what the tab titled "Atheism" has to say.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
19-11-2012, 09:29 PM
(19-11-2012 01:31 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 08:28 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The tail part of his comment is alluding to the fact that you could amend that aspect. He is always talking about the idea to change the constitution or rewrite a new one.
I am not alluding to any amendment - I am very certain that the wording of the clause in question does not forbid foreign born people being elected president.

Why would the founders want to forbid a foreign born from being President if the implied goal is to have the smartest person appointed???
Having the smartest person appointed has never been the goal, not even the implied goal. The reason to forbid foreign born folks is that they have strong ties to foreign nations and could act in their benefit at the expense of Americans.

20-11-2012, 08:18 AM
(19-11-2012 01:36 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
Are you serious - you think I would make that mistake, when you know very well that the Constitution is considered to be negotiable as to its interpretations by liberals compared to conservatives - you think there is only one way to interpret it and you are the final arbiter???

I am composing drafts for a new constitutional system and you have the audacity to imply that I have not read the Constitution - I have it organized into a map.
Your reading of this paragraph of the Constitution appears to be unique. And utterly stupid.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post