20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)
(19-11-2012 09:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Having the smartest person appointed has never been the goal, not even the implied goal. The reason to forbid foreign born folks is that they have strong ties to foreign nations and could act in their benefit at the expense of Americans.
And you think people could be deceived somehow, and that that threat continues to this day???

Maybe the author of the Constitution put that clause in to relieve the fears of the stupid citizens of 1787, but do you possible believe that the author and the Founders thought their system was so flimsy that it could possibly incur that demonic possibility you describe???

Are you serious?

Please explain what the goal is then when deliberating the qualifications for President of the most important job in the world??? Please don't leave this school boy to believe in the infinite unknown.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 05:02 PM
(20-11-2012 08:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your reading of this paragraph of the Constitution appears to be unique. And utterly stupid.
I am unique, but at least I am not reading into something that is not truly written.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
20-11-2012, 06:41 PM
(20-11-2012 04:56 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 09:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Having the smartest person appointed has never been the goal, not even the implied goal. The reason to forbid foreign born folks is that they have strong ties to foreign nations and could act in their benefit at the expense of Americans.
And you think people could be deceived somehow, and that that threat continues to this day???

Maybe the author of the Constitution put that clause in to relieve the fears of the stupid citizens of 1787, but do you possible believe that the author and the Founders thought their system was so flimsy that it could possibly incur that demonic possibility you describe???

Are you serious?

Please explain what the goal is then when deliberating the qualifications for President of the most important job in the world??? Please don't leave this school boy to believe in the infinite unknown.
Answer 1: Possibly
Answer 2: Possibly
Answer 3: Yes
Answer 4: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-President

21-11-2012, 10:28 AM
(20-11-2012 08:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 01:36 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Are you serious - you think I would make that mistake, when you know very well that the Constitution is considered to be negotiable as to its interpretations by liberals compared to conservatives - you think there is only one way to interpret it and you are the final arbiter???

I am composing drafts for a new constitutional system and you have the audacity to imply that I have not read the Constitution - I have it organized into a map.
Your reading of this paragraph of the Constitution appears to be unique. And utterly stupid.

Chas,
I am thankful that you pointed out to me the 'ignore user' function on this forum. I see that Trainwreck replies to these posts...but i dont see his mutterings and misguided thoughts...i just see his name and that "his reply is blocked". That is a wonderful function of this forum. Its a great way to eliminate the postings of the 'utterly stupid' and allows me to keep my 'Dudeness' in tact!

Thanks for the heads up on the ignore function!
Denicio
21-11-2012, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 12:14 PM by TrainWreck.)
(19-11-2012 02:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am interested in what the tab titled "Atheism" has to say.
Did you edit this post?

When you become accustomed with the system/lexicon of note applications your question would be, "I am interested in notes on the Atheism map?"

Maybe, you can come over some time and have a look around all the tabs???

[attachment=942]

21-11-2012, 11:29 AM
The contents of this message are hidden because TrainWreck is on your ignore list.

Tongue Big Grin Smile Smile Big Grin Tongue Big Grin Big Grin
21-11-2012, 11:33 AM
(20-11-2012 05:02 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 08:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your reading of this paragraph of the Constitution appears to be unique. And utterly stupid.
I am unique, but at least I am not reading into something that is not truly written.
Please provide a parsing of the sentence as you read it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2012, 11:34 AM
(21-11-2012 10:28 AM)Denicio Wrote:  

Chas,
I am thankful that you pointed out to me the 'ignore user' function on this forum. I see that Trainwreck replies to these posts...but i dont see his mutterings and misguided thoughts...i just see his name and that "his reply is blocked". That is a wonderful function of this forum. Its a great way to eliminate the postings of the 'utterly stupid' and allows me to keep my 'Dudeness' in tact!

Thanks for the heads up on the ignore function!
Denicio

I can't determine what level of irony to assign to this. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2012, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 01:02 PM by TrainWreck.)
(20-11-2012 06:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 04:56 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Please explain what the goal is then when deliberating the qualifications for President of the most important job in the world??? Please don't leave this school boy to believe in the infinite unknown.
Answer 1: Possibly
Answer 2: Possibly
Answer 3: Yes
Answer 4: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-President
Ah, which response am I supposed to accept as defining the correct qualifications, yours, or TrulyX?

I do not think you have done a very good analysis of the election cycle of the President, if you believe people of foreign loyalties could possibly over come the barriers necessary to generate the popularity necessary to win the majority of votes, even as far back as the first election. And then after winning election the candidate has to pass the Electoral College and you think they are going to approve of someone who somehow has been able to hide his true loyalties??? As if the election cycle, back then, was a bing-bang overnight event???

You sincerely believe you have thought this all out, and the possibilities still seem to indicate that it would be easy to trick people into voting for someone who probably speaks a different language, or has a funny accent, or maybe was not white!? Wake the fuck up, stupid, and realize you are far from being the critically thinking intellectual that I am.

21-11-2012, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 01:04 PM by TrainWreck.)
(21-11-2012 11:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 05:02 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am unique, but at least I am not reading into something that is not truly written.
Please provide a parsing of the sentence as you read it.
Quote: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
Why all the contorted terms? Especially, "at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution."

Why not just say, "No person except those born in the United States shall be eligible to the Office of the President; . . ." That is what you, and Donald Trump, interpret it to say; plain and simple - right? So why all the shit about "natural born Citizen," and "Citizen of," if those terms were not meant to be possible classifications available beyond the period marking the "time of the Adoption of this Constitution?"

By the way, I'll bet senior Senators like Dead Ted Kennedy, Dick in the ass Lugar, John-boy McCain, understand it the way I do.