20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government
(13-11-2012 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  You know, the last time they tried this shit they lost a generation of men, their farms and cities were destroyed, and they lost their slaves.

Just sayin'.

So true!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 04:07 PM
(13-11-2012 03:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 03:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  As the Texas State Library and Archives Commission states on its website : "In fact, Texas received no special terms in its admission to the Union. Once Texas had agreed to join the Union, she never had the legal option of leaving, either before or after the Civil War."

While many believe that an annexation treaty gave Texas the right to secede from the United States, Texas actually was admitted into the Union by a joint resolution of Congress, not by treaty. And no such provision is included in that joint resolution or in the 1845 Constitution of the State of Texas.

The state requires its own constitutional reform before it can legally secede.

I think they should cut off all their federal funding like yesterday.
Yeah! That'll teach them to stop exercising their 1st Amendment right.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
13-11-2012, 04:10 PM
(13-11-2012 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  You know, the last time they tried this shit they lost a generation of men, their farms and cities were destroyed, and they lost their slaves.

Just sayin'.
Yeah, I know.

Sucks really.

Although, I'm wondering what would happen if Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Alaska seceded.

I'm pretty sure these states would start drilling for oil as their primary source of income... in which, the income would more that sustain the new country. There is much oil in the Gulf, Texas, and Alaska that we refuse to tap into.

13-11-2012, 04:11 PM
(13-11-2012 04:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Just sayin'.
Yeah, I know.

Sucks really.

Although, I'm wondering what would happen if Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Alaska seceded.

I'm pretty sure these states would start drilling for oil as their primary source of income... in which, the income would more that sustain the new country. There is much oil in the Gulf, Texas, and Alaska that we refuse to tap into.
They wouldn't have enough time before they got their asses kicked.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-11-2012, 04:14 PM
(13-11-2012 04:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah, I know.

Sucks really.

They wouldn't have enough time before they got their asses kicked.
By whom? The US?

I really don't think the US would risk an attack on former states. It would be too political. It would probably piss the rest of the world off something awful and other countries would aid the new.... ummm... Gulf States of America?

13-11-2012, 04:17 PM
(13-11-2012 04:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  They wouldn't have enough time before they got their asses kicked.
By whom? The US?

I really don't think the US would risk an attack on former states. It would be too political. It would probably piss the rest of the world off something awful and other countries would aid the new.... ummm... Gulf States of America?
You're kidding, right? Is this some good ol' boy logic?

No states will ever be allowed to secede. The reaction to the attempt would be swift and decisive.

13-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Why the fuck are those states throwing god damned hissy fits over this shit, I mean is it really worth all this effort just to keep their retarded pride?

The first thing that comes to my mind as a solution is a favourite phrase of Aus: "Take a tea-spoon of cement and harden the fuck up, princess."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
13-11-2012, 04:28 PM
(13-11-2012 04:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  By whom? The US?

You're kidding, right? Is this some good ol' boy logic?

No states will ever be allowed to secede. The reaction to the attempt would be swift and decisive.
No, it's not good ol' boy logic. America constantly polices the world assisting secessions and in doing so, making a lot of enemies; so if it happened here, and the US attacked the former states, I'm fairly confident that there would be a few countries to aid them.

13-11-2012, 04:31 PM
(13-11-2012 04:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're kidding, right? Is this some good ol' boy logic?

No, it's not good ol' boy logic. America constantly polices the world assisting secessions and in doing so, making a lot of enemies; so if it happened here, and the US attacked the former states, I'm fairly confident that there would be a few countries to aid them.
No country would be allowed to help them. The only way they could possibly buy enough time would be to get control of some nuclear weapons. If they threatened that, no one who could help them would help them. No one.

13-11-2012, 04:37 PM
(13-11-2012 04:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, it's not good ol' boy logic. America constantly polices the world assisting secessions and in doing so, making a lot of enemies; so if it happened here, and the US attacked the former states, I'm fairly confident that there would be a few countries to aid them.
No country would be allowed to help them. The only way they could possibly buy enough time would be to get control of some nuclear weapons. If they threatened that, no one who could help them would help them. No one.
And you don't think that type of attack on the former states would cause internal problems? I really can't see it sitting well with the states.