20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government
(13-11-2012 04:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  No country would be allowed to help them. The only way they could possibly buy enough time would be to get control of some nuclear weapons. If they threatened that, no one who could help them would help them. No one.
And you don't think that type of attack on the former states would cause internal problems? I really can't see it sitting well with the states.
Do you mean the non-seceding states? You might look at American Civil War history.

And they aren't 'former states', never could be 'former states', and never would be 'former states'. Their action would be illegal; it would be armed insurrection against the legitimate government and would be put down with overwhelming force and the support of the citizenry.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 05:10 PM
(13-11-2012 01:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Louisiana is approaching 30K and getting ~15 signatures a minute.

Other states are following suit.

I'll say it again... this looks serious.
serious joke?
Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 05:16 PM
(13-11-2012 04:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 03:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think they should cut off all their federal funding like yesterday.
Yeah! That'll teach them to stop exercising their 1st Amendment right.

If they secede, they lose that right in this country. They get to create their own first amendment. Although I doubt it would be free speech. It would probably be something more like their a christain nation.
13-11-2012, 05:18 PM
(13-11-2012 04:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  You know, the last time they tried this shit they lost a generation of men, their farms and cities were destroyed, and they lost their slaves.

Just sayin'.
Yeah, I know.

Sucks really.

Although, I'm wondering what would happen if Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Alaska seceded.

I'm pretty sure these states would start drilling for oil as their primary source of income... in which, the income would more that sustain the new country. There is much oil in the Gulf, Texas, and Alaska that we refuse to tap into.

But it wouldn't last forever. Then they'd be shit poor.
13-11-2012, 05:43 PM
(13-11-2012 05:10 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 01:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Louisiana is approaching 30K and getting ~15 signatures a minute.

Other states are following suit.

I'll say it again... this looks serious.
serious joke?

33 states in all...what happens if it hits all 50?
13-11-2012, 05:51 PM
(13-11-2012 05:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah, I know.

Sucks really.

Although, I'm wondering what would happen if Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Alaska seceded.

I'm pretty sure these states would start drilling for oil as their primary source of income... in which, the income would more that sustain the new country. There is much oil in the Gulf, Texas, and Alaska that we refuse to tap into.

But it wouldn't last forever. Then they'd be shit poor.
Ummm... no.

It would sustain them for quite sometime. Most of the US oil and natural gas is in Texas, the Gulf, and Alaska.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-11-2012, 05:52 PM
(13-11-2012 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  And you don't think that type of attack on the former states would cause internal problems? I really can't see it sitting well with the states.
Do you mean the non-seceding states? You might look at American Civil War history.

And they aren't 'former states', never could be 'former states', and never would be 'former states'. Their action would be illegal; it would be armed insurrection against the legitimate government and would be put down with overwhelming force and the support of the citizenry.
Hmmm, I guess you're right about that.

Scary thought nonetheless. The Civil War was horrible.

13-11-2012, 05:53 PM
(13-11-2012 05:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 05:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But it wouldn't last forever. Then they'd be shit poor.
Ummm... no.

It would sustain them for quite sometime. Most of the US oil and natural gas is in Texas, the Gulf, and Alaska.
Which is a clear realpolitik reason why they would not be allowed to secede.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 05:53 PM
(13-11-2012 05:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah! That'll teach them to stop exercising their 1st Amendment right.

If they secede, they lose that right in this country. They get to create their own first amendment. Although I doubt it would be free speech. It would probably be something more like their a christain nation.
But you said take away their funding while being a state, so your reply is moot.

Yes, they wouldn't get US funding if they seceded, but it's silly to say take it away for exercising their 1st Amendment right.

13-11-2012, 05:54 PM
(13-11-2012 05:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 05:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ummm... no.

Which is a clear realpolitik reason why they would not be allowed to secede.
Yeah, I figured that.