20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government
(13-11-2012 08:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 06:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  At current consumption rates theres only around 20 years worth..that's if they keep it to themselves and refine it themselves. If they sell it to other countries they'll burn through it even faster, which would be needed to generate currency.
That's considering the consumption of the ENTIRE US... instead, it would only be 4 or five.
Actually, they'd have to use far more resources they aren't ready for, to refine the oil and pump the natural gas to convert it into usable fuel. Given they would burn through whatever gas reserves they have rather quickly and spend money they won't have to try to secure a dependable supply....I'd stand by the 20 years....considering also it's now more states...even if lasts beyond that....it still won't last them forever...
There is a lot more to setting up a country than signing a petition to request permission to leave it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 08:35 PM
I haven't looked at the petition yet, but I am going to guess that Georgia, Alabama and Arizona are some of the states that have a petition out there.... Drinking Beverage

Did I hit the nail on the head?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
13-11-2012, 08:40 PM
(13-11-2012 08:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I haven't looked at the petition yet, but I am going to guess that Georgia, Alabama and Arizona are some of the states that have a petition out there.... Drinking Beverage

Did I hit the nail on the head?

(shakes the magic 8-ball) signs point to yes along with 31 other states at least.
13-11-2012, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 09:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
I say we base it on how many Federal funding dollars they get per Federal tax $ paid.

Alabama: $1.66 - yes get the fuck out
Arkansas: $1.41 - yes get the fuck out
Colorado: $0.81 - fuck no you got legal recreational weed, move to Alabama or Arkansas if you want out
Florida: $0.97 - tough one but no, every country need's a Heaven's Waiting Room
Georgia: $1.01 - we keep Atlanta, the rest of the state get the fuck out
Indiana: $1.05 - we keep Indianapolis, the rest of the state get the fuck out
Kentucky: $1.51 - thought you fuckers left long ago
Louisiana: $1.78 - we keep New Orleans and use the dirt from the rest of the state and the Corps of Engineers to raise it above sea level, and you've got to stop teaching Creationism in your schools
Michigan: $0.92 - we keep the Upper Peninsula and give the rest to Ontario
Mississippi: $2.02 - we use their dirt to raise New Orleans even higher above sea level
Missouri: $1.32 - they're on probation 'cause at least they didn't elect Todd Akin to the Senate
Montana: $1.47 - who'd fucking notice?
New Jersey: $0.61 - that's a joke, right? no fucking way you're leaving, where you gonna go anyway?
New York: $0.79 - see New Jersey
North Carolina: $1.08 - no you got the killer BBQ and we need a buffer zone State, but we may have to erect a border fence
North Dakota: $1.68 - see Montana
Oregon: $0.93 - no fucking way you guys got the REALLY good weed
South Carolina: $1.35 - get the fuck out and kiss my ass on the way
Tennessee: $1.27 - get the fuck out and take the Grand Ole Opry with you
Texas: $0.94 - normally you'd be a keeper 'cause of your oil but get the fuck out just so we can watch Mexico kick your ass, AGAIN.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-11-2012, 09:18 PM
(13-11-2012 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I say we base it on how many Federal funding dollars they get per Federal tax $ paid.

Alabama: $1.66 - yes get the fuck out
Arkansas: $1.41 - yes get the fuck out
Colorado: $0.81 - fuck no you got legal recreational weed, move to Alabama or Arkansas if you want out
Florida: $0.97 - tough one but no, every country need's a Heaven's Waiting Room
Georgia: $1.01 - we keep Atlanta, the rest of the state get the fuck out
Indiana: $1.05 - we keep Indianapolis, the rest of the state get the fuck out
Kentucky: $1.51 - thought you fuckers left long ago
Louisiana: $1.78 - we keep New Orleans and use the dirt from the rest of the state and the Corps of Engineers to raise it above sea level, and you've got to stop teaching Creationism in your schools
Michigan: $0.92 - we keep the Upper Peninsula and give the rest to Ontario
Mississippi: $2.02 - we use their dirt to raise New Orleans even higher above sea level
Missouri: $1.32 - they're on probation 'cause at least they didn't elect Todd Akin to the Senate
Montana: $1.47 - who'd fucking notice?
New Jersey: $0.61 - that's a joke, right? no fucking way you're leaving, where you gonna go anyway?
New York: $0.79 - see New Jersey
North Carolina: $1.08 - no you got the killer BBQ and we need a buffer zone State, but we may have to erect a border fence
North Dakota: $1.68 - see Montana
Oregon: $0.93 - no fucking way you guys got the REALLY good weed
South Carolina: $1.35 - get the fuck out and kiss my ass on the way
Tennessee: $1.27 - get the fuck out and take the Grand Ole Opry with you
Texas: $0.94 - normally you'd be a keeper but get the fuck out just so we can watch Mexico kick your ass, AGAIN.
Seems like a sound analysis. I'll pass it on to my congresspeople.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Brilliant GirlyMan! And yay my state gets to stay. Thank goodness we've got weed.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

14-11-2012, 12:00 AM
[Image: 664532_294345910677224_1318683097_o.jpg]

I just found this and thought it was kinda funny.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
14-11-2012, 01:08 AM
(13-11-2012 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Louisiana: $1.78 - we keep New Orleans and use the dirt from the rest of the state and the Corps of Engineers to raise it above sea level, and you've got to stop teaching Creationism in your schools

BR is the new NO, dawg.

BR metro area is around 1mil compared to the NO metro of 1.2mil. In 2000, BR metro was like 400K and NO was like 1.4mil.

In another 10 years the Capital City will outgrow the Crescent City... kind of weird, really... but NO will never recover from Katrina. Basically, everyone moved an hour northwest to BR.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Baton Rouge is some 60 ft above sea level while New Orleans is some 8 feet below. So we'd need a lot less dirt for Baton Ruge and Mississippi's dirt probably wouldn't be neccesary. Fuck Baton Rouge, it ain't worth having to keep paying out the butt for Mississippi.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
14-11-2012, 08:20 AM
I would be ok with seeing New Jersey go, except then New York City wouldn't have a deposit site for all its imports.

Even then, I'd still be okay cutting ties with New Jersey.

[Image: giphy.gif]