20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government
What is ridiculous is that these petitions have no legal binding, nor do they represent the majority's opinions. If the minority wants to secede, they can the the fuck out of the country. If millions signed the petitions, I'd be willing to take this seriously. But really? 200,000 or less is pathetic and a waste of time.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
14-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Just when I thought that I had witnessed the peak of American stupidity, I stumbled upon this popular petition.

[Image: facepalm-shame.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-11-2012, 09:26 AM
(14-11-2012 01:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Baton Rouge is some 60 ft above sea level while New Orleans is some 8 feet below. So we'd need a lot less dirt for Baton Ruge and Mississippi's dirt probably wouldn't be neccesary. Fuck Baton Rouge, it ain't worth having to keep paying out the butt for Mississippi.
Dude... BR is the economic backbone of LA (broken backbone, but a backbone nonetheless). Its ports and refineries generate more money than NO.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-11-2012, 10:04 AM
On topic...

It seems ever Rick Perry is dismissing the petition.

RICK PERRY

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-11-2012, 10:06 AM
(14-11-2012 09:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Just when I thought that I had witnessed the peak of American stupidity, I stumbled upon this popular petition.

[Image: facepalm-shame.gif]
Yup, the right believes in free speech as long as it is nice, inoffensive speech.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2012, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 10:25 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
"Labeling these acts as freedom of speech is similar to labeling murder as freedom of expression!"

Wut

On another note, this petition is much better.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
14-11-2012, 10:39 AM
There's one from Massachusetts with 617 signatures. Only 93 of those are from Massachusetts residents, the rest are from out of state. WTAF?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I vividly remember Fox and its ilk, during the early days of our two lovely wars, saying that if you were protesting these wars...you were UNAMERICAN.
Now those same people are wanting to LEAVE america? What could be MORE unAmerican and UNPATRIOTIC than this nonsense.
Being a sore loser is one thing, but this??? Fucking Treason!
There were times when Independents and Dems were disgusted and sick to death of BUSH W but no state was wanting to secede from the Union. A few actors threatened to leave...but this is FAR different.
THESE COLORS DONT RUN..but apparantly a few thousand folks who dont get their way in an election SURE AS HELL RUN! Cowards and Traiters!
Rant mode off....

Denicio
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
14-11-2012, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 11:46 AM by TrainWreck.)
(13-11-2012 05:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 04:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah! That'll teach them to stop exercising their 1st Amendment right.
If they secede, they lose that right in this country. They get to create their own first amendment. Although I doubt it would be free speech. It would probably be something more like their a christain nation.
It is amazing how STUPID you people are.
What does it take for you to realize that they would have to draft new constitutions, and how brilliant it would be to be the person who has it all ready to go?

Secular Library Constitutional System
[attachment=928]

Don't you wish you were apart of the Secular Library?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
14-11-2012, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 11:47 AM by TrainWreck.)
(14-11-2012 11:13 AM)Denicio Wrote:  I vividly remember Fox and its ilk, during the early days of our two lovely wars, saying that if you were protesting these wars...you were UNAMERICAN.
Now those same people are wanting to LEAVE america? What could be MORE unAmerican and UNPATRIOTIC than this nonsense.
Being a sore loser is one thing, but this??? Fucking Treason!
There were times when Independents and Dems were disgusted and sick to death of BUSH W but no state was wanting to secede from the Union. A few actors threatened to leave...but this is FAR different.
THESE COLORS DONT RUN..but apparantly a few thousand folks who dont get their way in an election SURE AS HELL RUN! Cowards and Traiters!
Rant mode off....
You are delusional - prove your vivid accusations.

After the 2008 election, some Texas citizens began the secession cry, and maybe some others jumped on the band wagon; but the Tea Party seemingly quelled their ambition.

Why do you want to keep people who do not want to be with you, anyway?

Why do you want to force people to think like you - you bigot, you.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool