20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2012, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 02:48 AM by Dark Light.)
RE: 20 States Petition to Secede from Government (It's now up to all 50 states)
(21-11-2012 11:40 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 06:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Answer 1: Possibly
Answer 2: Possibly
Answer 3: Yes
Answer 4: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-President
Ah, which response am I supposed to accept as defining the correct qualifications, yours, or TrulyX?

I do not think you have done a very good analysis of the election cycle of the President, if you believe people of foreign loyalties could possibly over come the barriers necessary to generate the popularity necessary to win the majority of votes, even as far back as the first election. And then after winning election the candidate has to pass the Electoral College and you think they are going to approve of someone who somehow has been able to hide his true loyalties??? As if the election cycle, back then, was a bing-bang overnight event???

You sincerely believe you have thought this all out, and the possibilities still seem to indicate that it would be easy to trick people into voting for someone who probably speaks a different language, or has a funny accent, or maybe was not white!? Wake the fuck up, stupid, and realize you are far from being the critically thinking intellectual that I am.
My point is there is no defining qualities which is generally accepted for a president. Not my personal preferences, not yours, no single person, but as a country we also do not agree that a president should be first and foremost the most intelligent among us. A president needs to be diplomatic for example, and the most intelligent among us may not have that quality. Do you disagree with that assessment? I could follow this to other means as well. The most intelligent among us may not have the attractiveness to garner enough votes for electoral ascension, even assuming he/she does our goal is still not to elect the most intelligent. He/She must also embody the beliefs we like, whether they are rational or not. If you are such an towering intellectual, then why are you, an anonymous person, on some trivial internet forum, pleading you case to the likes of me? When do you plan you ascent to address congress with your massive intellect?

As for the election of someone with foreign loyalties, it is feasible, and it is possible. That is the reason why it is in the constitution. No matter what odds against that possibility being realized are, that is why it exists.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2012, 02:28 AM
[Image: ONSgC.png]
Notice something? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
22-11-2012, 02:46 AM
(22-11-2012 02:28 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Notice something? Consider
Yes, I notice it too. Everything is bigger in Texas!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuXMpopQSAIFD38GQ_Oed...-mPIcLPvej]

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
22-11-2012, 04:11 AM
More places to shove your bigger dick in I guess. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
22-11-2012, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 04:28 AM by earmuffs.)
It'd be interesting if Texas did become independent again.

Reading a bit about Texas I think it would be a pretty decent country in it's own right actually (economy. Socially it'd be fucked up).
I mean it's got a higher population then Australia for christ sake.

It's GDP is comparable to that of Indian and Canada!! WTF!!

I mean it's got oil, it's got large decent cities, people are for the most part living well (it'd be a western country) etc...

I mean I can sort of see why Texans want to be independent. There really is no reason why they wouldn't succeed as their own country.
Plus I'm sure USA/Texan relations would remain strong.
And it's not like it's that radical of an idea, Texas was at one point in time its own country.

It's sort of no different to say Scotland wanting to be independent from the UK in 2014.
Or Croatia from Yugoslav (you got me reading about the Yugoslav wars today Filox) in the 90's.
USSR break up?
etc...

Perhaps it's even just a matter of time before it picks up real support and happens? I dunno.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
22-11-2012, 04:33 AM
I doubt Texas could sustain itself as an independent nation-state.

Given the resent "droughts" it's been having, unless it gets a lot of crops from outside....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
22-11-2012, 05:44 AM
(22-11-2012 04:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I doubt Texas could sustain itself as an independent nation-state.

Given the resent "droughts" it's been having, unless it gets a lot of crops from outside....
ehh, the way the world markets are it could survive (as in don't die of hunger) in droughts.
It probably exports most of it's farm crops anyway.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
22-11-2012, 07:20 AM
(22-11-2012 05:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 04:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I doubt Texas could sustain itself as an independent nation-state.

ehh, the way the world markets are it could survive (as in don't die of hunger) in droughts.
It probably exports most of it's farm crops anyway.
You have to look at what crops they grow though. What do they grow the most? It's primary crop is cotton. Have fun eating that.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
23-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Okay folks, no state is going to secede anytime in the near future. It just ain't gonna' happen.

With that being said, Texas could easily be an independent nation if they peacefully seceded. They would undoubtedly keep trading with America, there would still be food on the table. Texas is the only state that has its own power-grid, they have resources, a good infrastructure, and everything that is needed to be a successful independent nation. Even if they seceded and didn't trade with America they could still be successful nation, assuming they kept trade open with with other countries, especially Mexico, which is where a good portion of their veggies come from.

Any state (that is governed well) could easily secede if they kept trading with America, following a peaceful secession. No one is going to starve.

07-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Is Texas independent yet?