20 worst sermons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 11:03 AM
20 worst sermons
I found this video on youtube and I couldn't stop watching the trainwreck.

It's a bit long but I just couldn't help but wonder what they would say next.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
09-09-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: 20 worst sermons
I felt the power of god all over those messages. Ha-sha-ba-hiya!!!

**Crickets** -- God
09-09-2015, 11:20 AM
My 10th-grade English teacher, Mr Smeltzer (a devout Christian who I'm sure wangled this into the syllabus in order to push his own nauseating faith) had us read "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." This sermon, in its disgusting immorality and absolving his god of any responsibility, confirmed my new-found atheism, a confirmation which I was happy to share with "Smelbobs", as we students called him, in my senior year. 'Twas funny to see the bemusement on his face as he tried to understand what had happened.

Fuckin' twatwaffle.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Jack Schaap was extra creepy.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
09-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Sorry I took so long in the bathroom, I was just gathering my seed of faith for the donation. Hey, do you know where I can buy waterproof mail envelopes?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
09-09-2015, 01:59 PM
How can there be a list of worst sermons without including Steven Anderson? If you haven't heard of the guy, check out youtube. He's full on bat shit crazy. He has a godly submissive wife who must obey him and submit sexually any time he demands it. He has 8 godly obedient kids whom he brags about beating with a belt, and he teaches his daughters to be dependent and submissive as well. He denies the Holocaust, hates Jews, Catholics, atheists, and any Christian who doesn't adhere to his Fundamentalist philosophy. He spews venom against LGBTQ people, and actually believes homosexuality should be punishable by death. Scary thing is, he has a growing congregation, and a huge youtube following.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJN7AHZflfM
09-09-2015, 02:03 PM
(09-09-2015 01:59 PM)beeglez Wrote:  How can there be a list of worst sermons without including Steven Anderson? If you haven't heard of the guy, check out youtube. He's full on bat shit crazy. He has a godly submissive wife who must obey him and submit sexually any time he demands it. He has 8 godly obedient kids whom he brags about beating with a belt, and he teaches his daughters to be dependent and submissive as well. He denies the Holocaust, hates Jews, Catholics, atheists, and any Christian who doesn't adhere to his Fundamentalist philosophy. He spews venom against LGBTQ people, and actually believes homosexuality should be punishable by death. Scary thing is, he has a growing congregation, and a huge youtube following.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJN7AHZflfM

I cannot imagine being a gay child or teen sitting in on one of that vile man's sermons. I hope for his kids' sake none of them are gay. They will likely commit suicide.
09-09-2015, 02:19 PM
(09-09-2015 11:03 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I found this video on youtube and I couldn't stop watching the trainwreck.

I've been to church twice in my entire life so I can't understand how people can sit through this insanity.

I think I'd rather kill myself, shot myself right in the head, before I'd sit and listen to this rubbish.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-09-2015, 02:47 PM
(09-09-2015 02:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 11:03 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I found this video on youtube and I couldn't stop watching the trainwreck.

I've been to church twice in my entire life so I can't understand how people can sit through this insanity.

I think I'd rather kill myself, shot myself right in the head, before I'd sit and listen to this rubbish.

It is rubbish, I know. I just can't imagine why on earth someone would sit and listen to this at any time and actually give them money.

Actually, the second one is hilarious. The woman talking about not sucking on titties.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
09-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Damnit! I shoulda gone to bed before watching that. Now I'm going to have nightmares.

I had no idea it was that bad over in Murika. Truly horrific.

Angry

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post