2000 year old scroll with reference to Jesus authenticated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: 2000 year old scroll with reference to Jesus authenticated
(01-12-2016 04:00 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Seems like bullshit, smells like bullshit, feels like bullshit... My guess, its probably bullshit.

I give those horrible atheistic baby-eating scientists about 2 months tops to do the dating and come back with, yup, bullshit. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 10:26 PM
David Elkington says all the major religions were spawned by "acoustic resonance".
I'm surprised he hasn't been here with that crack-pot nonsense.

Oh wait.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-12-2016, 02:33 AM
(01-12-2016 09:56 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 03:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A LiveScience article from 2011 says their fake.

http://www.livescience.com/13657-exclusi...fakes.html

So why is it suddenly on several news feeds, all claiming this book is authentic?

Hummmm, let's think about this a sec.

[Image: what-is-critical-thinking-258x300.jpg?width=960]

Ah-ha!

[Image: A-good-idea.png]

Could it be, do you suppose, mighten it be, that it's because it's almost........ Christmas???? Dodgy

I think I've been suckered into this news story. Dammit! Facepalm

Yeah, these stories have a tendency to resurface, even though they may have been debunked years ago. Old, reposted stories have a life of their own. Facepalm
It looks as though they have done further testing recently and dated the metal used to roughly the jesus period. I'll wait for further testing I think given the previous conflicting results.
02-12-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm I the only one who thinks that picture of Jesus looks like a chimera?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
02-12-2016, 10:11 AM
It's not Jesus , it's a CHUCK NORRIS pic.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
02-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Considering:
a) the only thing thay say that "authenticates" them is the lead composition which so what? It could merely be writings of early christians.
b)what did the pages say that have some evangelicals "trying to bury them?"
c) The only two people mentioned who claim it is authentic have no comment or stated reason why they feel it is authentic.
d) Even if it is of the time, it in no way validates any biblical claim but again, they never mentioned anything it said.
e) I imagine Yahoo "news" will report on Noah's ark again or have a headline on how some pile of dirt on the Sinai dates to the time of David but the article won't say that.

Yahoo news is garbage and mostly clickbait.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
02-12-2016, 12:59 PM
I'd love for some scroll to be found that proves Jesus was just plain folks. Like, it has Jesus getting tired of yammering on about god so he travels further east when he's around 32, then comes back and sets up shop selling cheap, used chariots to unsuspecting buyers. You know, ordinary stuff like that.

But if this lead book has any validity it actually would disprove that Jesus was starting a new religion. I'd think it would discredit several passages in the New Testament.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-12-2016, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 02:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I think we already know he had no intention of starting anything.

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
Matthew 5:18

He expected the end at any moment, just as his followers did.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-12-2016, 02:06 PM
I quite enjoy when something like this pops up on FB. There's nothing quite so satisfying as putting a link to a snopes article in at the bottom of all the "Praise God" comments Evil_monster

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-12-2016, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 04:18 PM by dancefortwo.)
(02-12-2016 01:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think we already know he had no intention of starting anything.

"For verily I say unto you, Till. heaven and earth pass, one jot or one. tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
Matthew 5:18

He expected the end at any moment, just as his followers did.

I can't remember where I read it (Bart Ehrman perhaps?) but the reason no one wrote the Jesus story down while he was alive was because they thought Jesus was coming back to take them up to paradise within that generation. Why write it down when it was only going to be a few short years later that everyone would be going to heaven?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.