2000 year old scroll with reference to Jesus authenticated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 02:55 PM
RE: 2000 year old scroll with reference to Jesus authenticated
(02-12-2016 12:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'd love for some scroll to be found that proves Jesus was just plain folks. Like, it has Jesus getting tired of yammering on about god so he travels further east when he's around 32, then comes back and sets up shop selling cheap, used chariots to unsuspecting buyers. You know, ordinary stuff like that.

But if this lead book has any validity it actually would disprove that Jesus was starting a new religion. I'd think it would discredit several passages in the New Testament.

I love to entertain the thought that there are actually contemporary writings that mention Jesus from someone like Philo, but they are so denigrating to Jesus that the Vatican buried them in their vaults.

I could imagine a document written by Philo saying something like- Jesus was mulling around the back of the temple again, we chased him, and a couple of his friends off, after discovering they defecated in the alley.

I talked with the other rabbis at the temple and they are so sick of this guy doing it, they said they are going to trump up charges on him and get the Roman authorities to take care of him if he's caught crapping behind the temple again.

I think one of his followers was getting tired of him too, I think his name was Judas, we'll probably bribe him to back up whatever story we come up with.-Philo

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post