2012 Religious Gifts Inventory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 10:47 AM
2012 Religious Gifts Inventory
Figured it's inevitable we'll be getting some religious gift/cards over the holidays. I got my first Friday...it was from my new boss. I see how she's making an effort to make nice after all the crap she incited since coming on board, but she's not very intuitive about keeping work & religion separate. At least it's functional.

She's giving all the females in the office a tube of hand lotion. The design on the tube is a pretty Victorian bird/flower scene....and then I saw, "God Bless Our Home." I found that odd & mildly funny, until I realized she hadn't bothered to remove the price sticker on the back, which clearly shows the name of the Christian bookstore where it was purchased. Totally tactless. :eyeroll: I'm curious to see what she gives the guys on our Team.

I also like to take note each year of which departments send religious-themed holiday cards to the other departments. My former boss is very religious and a pastor's wife, but to my knowledge in my 5 years' time here has never crossed the line.

OK, out with it! Let the 2012 Religious Gifts Inventory begin!

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: 2012 Religious Gifts Inventory
I got a card last year with a bunch of bible verses, unquoted.

There should be a warning on those cards saying before you open the card to buy a bible. That or just don't open it if you're not really into the whole 'treasure hunt' for religious quotes.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
22-12-2012, 11:39 AM
An anonymous 'Santa' left a gift bag on my desk yesterday with some cat books, calendar, candle.....

....and a C.S. Lewis journal, which has quotes from his books and blank space to respond to them. I wonder if I should keep it and write from an atheist point of view?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
[+] 2 users Like Percepticon's post
22-12-2012, 04:08 PM
(22-12-2012 11:39 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  An anonymous 'Santa' left a gift bag on my desk yesterday with some cat books, calendar, candle.....

....and a C.S. Lewis journal, which has quotes from his books and blank space to respond to them. I wonder if I should keep it and write from an atheist point of view?

Do so, disguise your handwriting and re-gift it. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Got a gift through secret Santa...a Christian daily devotions book. I'm not sure whether she is trying to insult me passive aggressively (she's the queen of passive aggressiveness) or if she is just stupid. Maybe she hasn't heard me on one of the occasions that i got into it with her dad discussing the bible. She told me "I don't know what you like." Maybe I should get her a copy of the Origin of Species on the same premise...
Deep breath. Okay, so maybe she meant well. Maybe she thought the book would save my soul. That one day, sitting with that book in my lap, I'd start screaming out the sinners prayer. I don't know. She doesn't seem to like me much...

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
23-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't get religious gifts...but do get some religious cards. I just overlook it and check out who it's from and what they may have written. I pretty much know who to expect those cards from.

Speaking of cards, I have been so busy making gifts for my girl's families (that I finally finished tonight) that I haven't sent any cards this year though we have received several...guess there will be some late cards going out probably Wednesday and Thursday.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
24-12-2012, 07:49 AM
I get a religious Christmas card yearly from a Catholic deacon I met over the phone while working at the cable company. Never even met the guy. He doesn't know I'm an atheist now. I think it's sweet that he takes the time to send a card every year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thousands of Years of Religious Slaughter in one Cartoon Smooshmonster 4 282 22-07-2014 10:14 PM
Last Post: Can_of_Beans
  Does religious belief inform politics? Adrianime 7 73 22-07-2014 05:54 PM
Last Post: Reltzik
  Any statistics on religious vs non-religious educational and financial difference chulheekim 4 67 03-06-2014 11:54 PM
Last Post: Snowflake
  TTA confessional for the formerly religious beeglez 2 56 16-05-2014 10:58 PM
Last Post: DLJ
  [split] List of religious forums Charis 13 194 08-05-2014 09:54 PM
Last Post: Charis
  Cheeeeeesus christ! (post jesus themed joke gifts) Logisch 13 725 03-12-2013 07:44 PM
Last Post: Timber1025
  Religious folks say the darnedest things... Escape Artist 9 377 16-09-2013 10:21 AM
Last Post: Escape Artist