2012: The Year In Review

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2012, 09:57 AM
RE: 2012: The Year In Review
Well, that certainly explains why you take so many sick days.

But you must be real fit from all that digging Drinking Beverage

Tart, it's all a matter of perspective.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Best thing that happened this year: joining all of you guys in this here website forum and learning lots more than I intended.

Worst thing this year: silently closing the curtains and exiting stage left from the drama of my family

Hopes for next year: COLLEGE and WORK.

Best admin: tie between Stark and his understudy Erx.

Funniest moment on TTA: Kingschosen accidentally being the OP for the thread "I think I may be preggers", followed closely by GirlyMan putting up Yosemite Sam as an avatar.

Worst moment on TTA: Hijacking of the science section by Bishadi followed closely by TTA Teens.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 6 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
12-12-2012, 12:20 PM
2012: The Year In Review
(12-12-2012 09:53 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Getting≠Giving

(Keep up the good work Erx).

For the glory hole? You're quite welcome, my friend. Almost couldn't take you all the way in!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
I usually don't do "best and worst" things... it all just kind of is, from my perspective. I must admit though, a few things have thrown me for a loop:

Self discovery is always something that seems to smack me right in the ass. I think I've sustained a year long sting.

I finally got bored and tired of sitting on that ass for a whole year! Oh, I haven't gotten up off it much just yet, but I have made considerable preparations and have done a few little things... I've actually notice an accomplishment here and there. Baby steps... or I go back into my comfy, cozy straight jacket.

I'm striving to be a bit more selfish and more of an asshole than ever before. I've actually said "NO" quite a few times and I didn't even mean it but followed through anyway, just to make it clear who's boss. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find out that is actually an ok thing to do. Hey, I've had issues. Now, I'm the same kim - just the new, improved, asshole version. Apparently it's a common thing, so godfuckingdamnit stop looking at me as if I just decapitated Santa in front of a 4 year old.
I might have some residual paranoia issues to work out. Dodgy

I didn't think I would feel so effected by my first love's recent entry into non-existence. Realization and understanding can come from the most unexpected places. Though it may often appear quite the opposite.... life is beautiful.

Being here... I've found this forum to be a grounding thing. This place has become such a great part of my real world... that is to say; this virtual world has made the real world feel evermore tangible. This place has achieved a balance that seems lacking or at least strained in other very real communities where I'm involved. This place is real. I'm glad to be here.

Best or worst of 2012? Nope, no best or worst... just different, consistently changing bits of life. Maybe that is the best. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-12-2012, 12:32 PM
(12-12-2012 12:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 09:53 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Getting≠Giving

(Keep up the good work Erx).

For the glory hole? You're quite welcome, my friend. Almost couldn't take you all the way in!
[Image: Happy-oh-stop-it-you-l_large.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
12-12-2012, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 01:50 PM by Logica Humano.)
I am pleased with my improvements (as well as my partner's) in music production, though I am definitely not as good as those that I listen to and admire:

I am also very happy with the amount of literature I have read this year. From Carl Sagan and Sam Harris to Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Christopher Hitchen's last book (very good read).

I ate really well this year. My mother's cooking is by far the best.

I found a lot of new favorite artists, despite my usual favorites like Nero and Xilent. I now have a new found respect for ambient and nu-trance artists like Nick Morris and Agnivesh Baghel.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
(12-12-2012 09:32 AM)bemore Wrote:  The night my ex girlfriend came round my house for the first time, nice meal, bit of boom chicca wah wah, then her falling down my stairs and breaking her ankle and big toe. Then watching her trip out on laughing gas at the hospital.

Fucking made my day.

Anyways here are my big moments:
1) Scoring a great boyfriend who puts up with me dragging him into see the final Twilight movie, my boyish "swag", and my inability to cook (though I do make a good sandwich).
2) Finding my true friends and throwing the other pieces of shit to the side.
3) Scoring a big position in my broadcasting class.
4) The amazing Admin Erxomai and my best friend "husband" Hughsie.
5) Cuddling and watching Star Wars with my awesome boyfriend, and also kicking his butt in Halo 4.

It's been a good year.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like legendoflink's post
12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Worst-getting laid off at the time when jobs were really hard to come by, even here where the job market is pretty good...scary stuff!
Best-getting away from above mentioned job as they were sucking the life out of me for crappy pay - forced me to find a better job
Best - joining the TTA forum...love you guys (well, most of you)
Worst - finding out the professor I knew to be easy had toughened up...A LOT!
Best - starting to stand up more for myself at home and starting to be more of myself at home
Worst - still riding the waves of depression - FUCK!
Best - I have read some of the funniest things I have ever seen here on this forum as well as learning a lot
Worst - thing ever...Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
12-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Best thing - Brazil.

Worst thing - leaving Brazil.

(Well, there might have been worse things, but they're kinda personal.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-12-2012, 01:24 PM
1. Went from having my deceased husband popping into my mind every five minutes to having it happen once an hour.

2. Started an aquarium as hobby and getting close to having it be a balanced environment for all who dwell in it. (Plus it's the most fascinating and calming thing to watch everyone in there go about their business).

3. Getting Drago the police dog and integrating him into the household and life style. (He was a wild man who had never been inside a house except for securing the building and catching bad guys hiding in there. He still secures the building and looks for the bad guys, lol. Lord help the poor burgler who makes it in here! Oh, right, there is no lord to help him.... Shocking )

4. Coming here and thinking about a lot of things I'd never taken the time to think about.

5. Finding that there are a lot of advantages to living alone. I hadn't done that in decades and I still like it as much as I did when I was younger.

6. Turning 60 and finding that I love being older. Do I want to be young again? Not on your life! Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post