2014 NFL thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: 2014 NFL thread.
Man....
I'm kinda liking the extra point being moved back to the 15 yard line! Blush

Obviously I'll curse any extra points missed by the Chiefs, but I think it makes every other teams' games more interesting! I've already seen 2 misses! Makes the outcome a little less predictable = more down-to-the-wire, 'edge of your seat' moments, maybe Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-08-2014, 01:40 PM
(09-08-2014 02:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Man....

Obviously I'll curse any extra points missed by the Chiefs, but I think it makes every other teams' games more interesting! I've already seen 2 misses! Makes the outcome a little less predictable = more down-to-the-wire, 'edge of your seat' moments, maybe Big Grin

Also might make teams more likely to go for two, which is generally more interesting than a kick.
11-08-2014, 06:04 PM
(11-08-2014 01:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Also might make teams more likely to go for two, which is generally more interesting than a kick.

Well the 2-point has always been more difficult to achieve than the point after, but they are more exciting. I could see more of them being attempted after missed kicks, though! Laugh out load Just to get caught back up to par.

11-08-2014, 06:10 PM
(11-08-2014 06:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 01:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Also might make teams more likely to go for two, which is generally more interesting than a kick.

Well the 2-point has always been more difficult to achieve than the point after, but they are more exciting. I could see more of them being attempted after missed kicks, though! Laugh out load Just to get caught back up to par.

Imagine Lambeau field in late December, the wind swirling, going for 2 might be the safer bet.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Hell yes! Especially if you have to make a 30-yd FG attempt into the wind just to get that 1 point!
Alas, it's just an experiment so I don't think we'll see it made regulation this year, but I gots hopes for later Laugh out load

12-08-2014, 08:00 AM
(11-08-2014 06:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 06:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Well the 2-point has always been more difficult to achieve than the point after, but they are more exciting. I could see more of them being attempted after missed kicks, though! Laugh out load Just to get caught back up to par.

Imagine Lambeau field in late December, the wind swirling, going for 2 might be the safer bet.

There actually was a game like that last season -- Detroit at Philadelphia, I believe. When I looked at the box score, I thought it was really odd that all the extra points were two-point attempts -- no kicks were attempted. Then I found out that they played in horrible weather conditions, and it made sense.
12-08-2014, 08:09 AM

I have hated the change in the kickoff rule, more often than not the ball ends up in the endzone and there is no runback. I think that is a pragmatic safety issue because players on both sides get more speed running at each other, but still.

Back in the early days of the NFL they used to have a "flying V formation" on kickoffs. Each side would interlock arms in a v shape and run full speed at each other. It caused far to many injuries and several deaths to the point they banned the formation.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2014, 08:13 AM
The other thing I hate with the language reffs use is "false start, prior to the snap". NO FUCKING SHIT, you cant have a false start after a legal snap. Just say "false start".

Thats like saying "You ran a red light when it was red".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
12-08-2014, 08:19 AM
(12-08-2014 08:13 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  The other thing I hate with the language reffs use is "false start, prior to the snap". NO FUCKING SHIT, you cant have a false start after a legal snap. Just say "false start".

Thats like saying "You ran a red light when it was red".

What they are saying is "False Start! Prior to the Snap #666 on the offense moved into the neutral zone." 2 sentences both grammatically correct. The refs just rush through it cause nobody is paying $300 a seat to listen to his gab.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-08-2014, 08:22 AM
But even with other sports. WHY THE FUCK do they need to make the game on TV feel like a fucking X-box game with all the damned graphics? I am not a fucking retard. I do not need the starting line or the first down line, especially when you already put those stats at the top or bottom in a ticker. IF I WANTED TO PLAY A VIDEO GAME I WOULD PLAY A VIDEO GAME!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!