But my other hometown team moves ahead.

Go Panthers!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 09:59 AM
RE: 2014 NFL thread.
(03-01-2015 06:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 01:40 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Packers gonna win this whole thing...but those damn Cowboys are earning my favor.

Packers will never get past the good defenses. Rodgers is not good enough to elevate his teammates enough to get past Seattle.

Hmmm... Detroit's defense is as good as anyone's, and the Packers scored 30 points on them and won the game. And they were able to beat a very good New England team a few weeks earlier. At home (in Green Bay), I like the Packers' chances against anyone in the league -- including Seattle. As I noted in my previous post, the Packers' biggest problem if they have to play Seattle won't be Seattle's defense -- it will be having to play the game in Seattle. The Packers haven't been very good on the road.
04-01-2015, 04:21 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Suh is a badass, but he's also a dirty player who should have been thrown out of the league by now. He has repeatedly tried to injure opposing players, and the NFL should show no tolerance for that sort of crap. They wimped out by not suspending him for this game like they were originally going to.
04-01-2015, 05:45 PM
(04-01-2015 05:29 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Suh is a badass, but he's also a dirty player who should have been thrown out of the league by now. He has repeatedly tried to injure opposing players, and the NFL should show no tolerance for that sort of crap. They wimped out by not suspending him for this game like they were originally going to.

Any other player on any other team would have not drawn even a fine for what he did. His reputation, well earned, is why he was initially given a suspension and on arbitration was walked back to a 700,000 fine.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-01-2015, 05:57 PM
(04-01-2015 05:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 05:29 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Suh is a badass, but he's also a dirty player who should have been thrown out of the league by now. He has repeatedly tried to injure opposing players, and the NFL should show no tolerance for that sort of crap. They wimped out by not suspending him for this game like they were originally going to.

Any other player on any other team would have not drawn even a fine for what he did. His reputation, well earned, is why he was initially given a suspension and on arbitration was walked back to a 700,000 fine.

He has that reputation for a reason, though. If something like that happens once, maybe it's an accident. When it happens over and over again, I get suspicious -- especially when another Detroit player just got a suspension for doing the same thing. It's like they teach them to do that. It reminds me of the Saints' "bounty" program from a few years ago. Sorry, but I have no tolerance for this sort of thing. Yes, play hard, but you don't go out of your way to injure opposing players -- unless you're a scumbag. He's a scumbag.
04-01-2015, 06:44 PM
(04-01-2015 05:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 05:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Any other player on any other team would have not drawn even a fine for what he did. His reputation, well earned, is why he was initially given a suspension and on arbitration was walked back to a 700,000 fine.

He has that reputation for a reason, though. If something like that happens once, maybe it's an accident. When it happens over and over again, I get suspicious -- especially when another Detroit player just got a suspension for doing the same thing. It's like they teach them to do that. It reminds me of the Saints' "bounty" program from a few years ago. Sorry, but I have no tolerance for this sort of thing. Yes, play hard, but you don't go out of your way to injure opposing players -- unless you're a scumbag. He's a scumbag.

You mean completely invented by the NFL and when it went to a third party was thrown out, yes I would say it is similar to that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Goddamnit - now I have to hear how wonderful Romo is on the damn radio on my way to work tomorrow. * * * gag * * gag * * *

Suddenly, I am a Packers fan.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-01-2015, 07:49 PM
(04-01-2015 07:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Goddamnit - now I have to hear how wonderful Romo is on the damn radio on my way to work tomorrow. * * * gag * * gag * * *

I'm a bit conflicted. Romo comes from the same county where I grew up, and from the same town where my mother grew up. So I'm sort of a Tony Romo fan. But I'm a Packer fan first. So "Go Packers!"
04-01-2015, 07:53 PM
(04-01-2015 07:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 07:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Goddamnit - now I have to hear how wonderful Romo is on the damn radio on my way to work tomorrow. * * * gag * * gag * * *

I'm a bit conflicted. Romo comes from the same county where I grew up, and from the same town where my mother grew up. So I'm sort of a Tony Romo fan. But I'm a Packer fan first. So "Go Packers!"

As a kid I lived for two years in Wisconsin....so, yeah, go Packers.

Though I love living in Dallas, I detest the Cowboys.

Next team that has to go is the Patriots...Tom Brady and that miserable coach make me gag.

So, I am for anyone who can beat either the Cowboys or the Patriots - or both.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat