2014 NFL thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: 2014 NFL thread.
(11-01-2015 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good job Packers!

I'm a packers fan in a house of cowboys fans right now. They were not happy about that last call on incomplete pass. Say it was total bs. I say... It was reviewed, the refs reversed the call. If it was questionable they wouldn't have reversed it. The announcers didn't seem to find anything wrong with it either. It's a bit tense here Confused

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2015, 03:39 PM
(11-01-2015 03:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good job Packers!

I'm a packers fan in a house of cowboys fans right now. They were not happy about that last call on incomplete pass. Say it was total bs. I say... It was reviewed, the refs reversed the call. If it was questionable they wouldn't have reversed it. The announcers didn't seem to find anything wrong with it either. It's a bit tense here Confused

So you didn't jump up and start whooping, and war-crying, like a Souix warrior, right as the Cowboys' loss occurred? Laugh out load Tongue

11-01-2015, 03:41 PM
(11-01-2015 03:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm a packers fan in a house of cowboys fans right now. They were not happy about that last call on incomplete pass. Say it was total bs. I say... It was reviewed, the refs reversed the call. If it was questionable they wouldn't have reversed it. The announcers didn't seem to find anything wrong with it either. It's a bit tense here Confused

So you didn't jump up and start whooping, and war-crying, like a Souix warrior, right as the Cowboys' loss occurred? Laugh out load Tongue

Yeah uh no Unsure I woulda gotten some reeeeeeal nasty looks Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
11-01-2015, 03:51 PM
(11-01-2015 03:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  So you didn't jump up and start whooping, and war-crying, like a Souix warrior, right as the Cowboys' loss occurred? Laugh out load Tongue

Yeah uh no Unsure I woulda gotten some reeeeeeal nasty looks Laugh out load

Well the ground can't cause a fumble, but it can muck up a reciever's control of the ball which he has to maintain all the way to it! If the ball hadn't wobbled around a bit when it contacted the field I think they'd have kept it a catch, so it's not the ref's fault the guy lacked the palming skillz to keep the ball still...
but in a house full of Cowboy's fans, just keep that to yourself! Wink Tongue Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-01-2015, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 04:21 PM by Revenant77x.)
(11-01-2015 03:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah uh no Unsure I woulda gotten some reeeeeeal nasty looks Laugh out load

Well the ground can't cause a fumble, but it can muck up a reciever's control of the ball which he has to maintain all the way to it! If the ball hadn't wobbled around a bit when it contacted the field I think they'd have kept it a catch, so it's not the ref's fault the guy lacked the palming skillz to keep the ball still...
but in a house full of Cowboy's fans, just keep that to yourself! Wink Tongue Hug

It was borderline enough the ruling on the field should have stood. He made what appeared to be a football move (extending the ball) before the ball hit the ground. By the pisspoor rule (needs to be reworked and has needed to for 3 years) it is a tossup and in the cass of a tossup the ruling on the field stands.

Edit: For the record I couldn't care less if the cowboys win or lose.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-01-2015, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 04:15 PM by TheGulegon.)
(11-01-2015 03:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Well the ground can't cause a fumble, but it can muck up a reciever's control of the ball which he has to maintain all the way to it! If the ball hadn't wobbled around a bit when it contacted the field I think they'd have kept it a catch, so it's not the ref's fault the guy lacked the palming skillz to keep the ball still...

It was borderline enough the ruling on the field should have stood. He made what appeared to be a football move (extending the ball) before the ball hit the ground. By the pisspoor rule (needs to be reworked and has needed to for 3 years) it is a tossup and in the cass of a tossup the ruling on the field stands.

Edit: For the record I could care less if the cowboys win or lose.

I thought so too, but I also think it was that wobble that clinched it in the mind of the Ref when he reversed the call!
I also think they should save doing this whole "all-star" type selection shit for refs for, idk, the Pro-Bowl! Select veteran referee crews, and stop splitting them up! Dodgy

11-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Sorry @dallascowboys. We know the feeling: http://bit.ly/1yVP8qr . hehehehehehehehehe

#sigh
11-01-2015, 06:51 PM
And once again the "Best QB in NFL History" is out of the Playoffs without a single win. Dude hangs meaningless stats on crappy teams in meaningless regular season games. I'd take Eli over Peyton any day of the week he wins when it counts.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Nationwide Commercial!
"Nationwide is on your side!"

Bronco fans:
"We're wishing he was Eli!" Laugh out load

So... Unsure
Are the Colts the stallions, and the Broncos the mares? Evil_monster [Image: smiley-laughing001.gif]

11-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Didn't really pay much attention to football this season. Now the only thing I care about is that someone beats the Patriots. I don't care who it is.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post