2014 NFL thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2014, 08:24 AM
RE: 2014 NFL thread.
(12-08-2014 08:19 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 08:13 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  The other thing I hate with the language reffs use is "false start, prior to the snap". NO FUCKING SHIT, you cant have a false start after a legal snap. Just say "false start".

Thats like saying "You ran a red light when it was red".

What they are saying is "False Start! Prior to the Snap #666 on the offense moved into the neutral zone." 2 sentences both grammatically correct. The refs just rush through it cause nobody is paying $300 a seat to listen to his gab.

It is redundant. Just like the stupid sign I saw once on an OBGYN office, "OBGYN.......for women" NO SHIT!

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 08:36 AM
(12-08-2014 08:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  But even with other sports. WHY THE FUCK do they need to make the game on TV feel like a fucking X-box game with all the damned graphics? I am not a fucking retard. I do not need the starting line or the first down line, especially when you already put those stats at the top or bottom in a ticker. IF I WANTED TO PLAY A VIDEO GAME I WOULD PLAY A VIDEO GAME!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

You are in the minority there most people seem like the additions. The first down one is convenient.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2014, 08:40 AM
To who?

I had no problem before all this shit when they simply flashed it up between plays and removed it at the start of the play. The game is a bit older than this stupid X-box technology. I find it very distracting.

You can have a simple banner which they do, at the bottom or top of the screen without putting that crap all over the fucking field. To me it is like if you tried reading a book or paper and someone kept sticking their hand in front of the page.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
12-08-2014, 08:45 AM
I know it is a generational thing, but I hate it. I followed the sport without it with no problem.

12-08-2014, 08:47 AM
(12-08-2014 08:40 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  To who?

I had no problem before all this shit when they simply flashed it up between plays and removed it at the start of the play. The game is a bit older than this stupid X-box technology. I find it very distracting.

You can have a simple banner which they do, at the bottom or top of the screen without putting that crap all over the fucking field. To me it is like if you tried reading a book or paper and someone kept sticking their hand in front of the page.

I like the first down line as it gives you some idea where it is on the field. I say they are popular because the times they have added things and they were not met with overall approval they have been removed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-08-2014, 06:01 PM
I could SO rock the ice bucket challenge! Drinking Beverage

14-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm glad NFL football is back!

Go Eagles!!!
14-08-2014, 08:21 PM
(14-08-2014 08:18 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I'm glad NFL football is back!

Go Eagles!!!

Inorite now we can stop pretending to give a fuck about soccer.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-08-2014, 08:23 PM
I saw two cars today with Patriot emblems on them. Made me sorry that I didn't stop to pick up my complimentary gun and ammo when I crossed into Texas eight years ago. Dodgy

I fucking hate the Patriots.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
14-08-2014, 09:06 PM
(14-08-2014 08:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 08:18 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I'm glad NFL football is back!

Go Eagles!!!

Inorite now we can stop pretending to give a fuck about soccer.

LOL!!! Don't count me in with that 'we' business. Tongue Never did follow it nor pretend to give a rats ass. Although, for an extremely brief time, I did give somewhat of a shit when USA was playing in the World Cup. Not much, though. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post