2014 NFL thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: 2014 NFL thread.
(11-01-2015 06:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Didn't really pay much attention to football this season. Now the only thing I care about is that someone beats the Patriots. I don't care who it is.

Agreed!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-01-2015, 12:24 PM
(11-01-2015 03:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good job Packers!

IKR Big Grin
Though with that narrow a victory, at home, over the Cowbungles, I'm not looking for any Packer upsets in Seattle!

Well, just hold on a minute there! Seattle will undoubtedly be favored -- and they should be -- but keep in mind that:

1. Seattle, Green Bay, and Dallas had identical records this year.

2. Dallas actually beat Seattle -- in Seattle -- this year.

3. Seattle had their hands full with Carolina (who aren't as good as Green Bay or Dallas) until relatively late in the game.

4. It is the norm rather than the exception for playoff games to be close.

So, again, Seattle should be favored (mainly because they are much better at home than the Packers are on the road), but I don't think you can draw that conclusion just from the Dallas/Green Bay game being close.
12-01-2015, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 12:48 PM by Grasshopper.)
(11-01-2015 03:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good job Packers!

I'm a packers fan in a house of cowboys fans right now. They were not happy about that last call on incomplete pass. Say it was total bs. I say... It was reviewed, the refs reversed the call. If it was questionable they wouldn't have reversed it. The announcers didn't seem to find anything wrong with it either. It's a bit tense here Confused

I had a similar experience. I was playing in a chess tournament in Iowa this weekend, and I was able to catch a little bit of the game in the hotel bar in between rounds of the tournament. Everyone in the bar seemed to be cheering for Dallas -- even one of the barmaids was wearing a Dallas cowboy "uniform" of sorts. I don't really care -- people can root for whoever they like -- but why would people in eastern Iowa be Dallas Cowboy fans? Maybe they just hate the Packers?
12-01-2015, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 12:48 PM by Grasshopper.)
(11-01-2015 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And once again the "Best QB in NFL History" is out of the Playoffs without a single win. Dude hangs meaningless stats on crappy teams in meaningless regular season games. I'd take Eli over Peyton any day of the week he wins when it counts.

I will have to respectfully disagree. Eli Manning has won one more Super Bowl than Peyton Manning (and Peyton has won one -- it's not like he always loses), but you have to win a bunch of big games to get to the Super Bowl, too (including big games during the season to get to the playoffs), and Peyton has won more of those (a lot more) than Eli. He makes the playoffs just about every year -- Eli hardly ever does.

Furthermore -- quarterbacks, like pitchers in baseball, don't win or lose games all by themselves. Teams win or lose games. In both New York Giants Super Bowl victories with Eli Manning at quarterback, their offense performed below average. Eli Manning played OK, but they won those games primarily because their defense did a superb job of shutting down the high-powered Patriots offense.

In my opinion, Peyton Manning is 10 times the quarterback his brother is, and if I had to build a team around either of them, I would choose Peyton (in his prime of course, not now at the end of his career) without a second thought.

Disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of either of them, but it totally baffles me how people can think Eli is a better quarterback because "he" has won 2 Super Bowls (and hardly anything else). His team won two Super Bowls. He was a lucky guy in the right place at the right time. If he had some magical ability to singlehandedly win big games, he would win the Super Bowl every year.
18-01-2015, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2015 03:35 PM by TheGulegon.)
Elite cornerback is elite! Drinking Beverage

[edit] Got answered, tho Shocking

16-0 GB at the half! Ohmy

18-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Dayum! I thought the Packers had this.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-01-2015, 05:18 PM
(18-01-2015 05:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dayum! I thought the Packers had this.

Oh my fucking GAWD, what a 4th quarter! Shocking
Tied up! 16 seconds left!

Overtime!

18-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Shit shit shit shit I thought we had it!!!! I'm scared Sadcryface

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
18-01-2015, 05:26 PM
I was hoping Seattle would stop Green bay. But still impressive that they got the touchdown, then the onsides kick then the extra two points. Would have been a win for GB without the extra 2.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2015, 05:28 PM
(18-01-2015 05:18 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 05:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dayum! I thought the Packers had this.

Oh my fucking GAWD, what a 4th quarter! Shocking
Tied up! 16 seconds left!

Overtime!

I am not a fan of either team and even I was going Shocking

Certainly a WTF?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user