2014 NFL thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: 2014 NFL thread.
(18-01-2015 05:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Weeping stupid Seahawks Weeping

More like stupid Packers. I expected them to have some problems on offense, but how can their defense play so good for three quarters and then so bad in the last one (and in the overtime)? I am disappoint.

Can't be mad at the Seahawks, though. They did what they had to do, and the Packers didn't. It's like when I lose a chess game -- the only person to get mad at is myself. If I don't screw up, I don't lose. It's not the other guy's fault that he beat me. That's what he's supposed to do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2015, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2015 07:25 PM by TheGulegon.)
(18-01-2015 06:54 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

More like stupid Packers. I expected them to have some problems on offense, but how can their defense play so good for three quarters and then so bad in the last one (and in the overtime)? I am disappoint.

Can't be mad at the Seahawks, though. They did what they had to do, and the Packers didn't. It's like when I lose a chess game -- the only person to get mad at is myself. If I don't screw up, I don't lose. It's not the other guy's fault that he beat me. That's what he's supposed to do.

You realize specific sports team fans can be a bit subjective in their analyses, right? Tongue

Especially when it was essentially one huge special teams mistake that lost their team the game against an opponent who committed 6 defensive penalties in the 1st few minutes alone, and threw 4 or 5 interceptions over the course of the game! Undecided

The performance of the Seahawks, leading up to those last minute heroics, is definitely something to avoid in the future, even if it wasn't stupid!

18-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Luck gonna have to get lucky.

#sigh
18-01-2015, 07:27 PM
(18-01-2015 07:16 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 06:54 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  More like stupid Packers. I expected them to have some problems on offense, but how can their defense play so good for three quarters and then so bad in the last one (and in the overtime)? I am disappoint.

You realize specific sports team fans can be a bit subjective in their analyses, right? Tongue

Especially when it was essentially one huge special teams mistake that lost their team the game against an opponent who committed 6 defensive penalties in the 1st 5 minutes alone, and threw 4 or 5 interceptions over the course of the game! Undecided

The performance of the Seahawks, leading up to those last minute heroics, is definitely something to avoid in the future, even if it wasn't stupid!

I meant no offense -- I'm just focusing on my team (the Packers) rather than the other guys. They had the game in the bag and then just totally blew it -- both on the onside kick (not to mention the other special teams mistake -- the fake field goal) and on just about every Seattle drive in the fourth quarter and overtime. They (Seattle) can't move the ball at all for three quarters, and then all of a sudden they're moving it like the defense isn't even there. How does that happen?

I am so disappoint. But life will go on. I will do all the same things tomorrow (with the same success or failure, the same joy or sorrow) that I would have done had they won.
18-01-2015, 07:28 PM
(18-01-2015 06:54 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Ask the Oregon Ducks. Crawled back into it. I am an Ohio fan. That was close for 3 quarters then the Ducks fell apart in the 4th.

But yea, fake field goals and onside kicks are high risk low yield plays.

Can't be mad at the other team for winning no. But I also don't like blaming yourself for losing either. Sometimes you do your best and still lose. 50% of start up business fail within the first 2 years.

And for every player that makes the NFL there are literally 100.000s of college players just as good who simply never get noticed because of the pool the NFL has to sort through to get players.

It is not a matter of "if you don't screw up you don't lose", you really can do your best not making mistakes and still lose. Life is not all work or luck, but sometimes either or but most of the time both.

Just like QM is not chaos vs order but over lapping.

I think that onsides literally was luck, a inch here or there hitting the ground it could have bounced in a completely different direction, Green Bay gets it, game over, they go and Seattle stays home.

Life is never all work or all luck.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2015, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2015 07:55 PM by TheGulegon.)
O.K. so there was 5 seconds left in the 1st half and the Colts were out of field goal range, but...

Why not kick a field goal, anyway? We've seen 40-50 yarders that would have been good from way further; the ball passed the uprights squarely in the middle, and didn't ding the crossbeam on it's way through! Maybe let the refs know you're gonna take a knee, & to call your last time-out at the 1 second left-to-go mark. If you're just gonna take a knee, anyway, & a missed FG would cause time to run out... why not?

Yes, I know! Things can go wrong, but they don't go turn-over-bad wrong, often, for FG's!

18-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Game over.

#sigh
18-01-2015, 09:00 PM
(18-01-2015 08:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Game over.

Welp... Go Seahawks! Undecided

You know it's bad without having had to watch the game up to that point, when they start showing highlights from the 2012 SuperBowl before this one's even over! Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-01-2015, 06:21 AM
No matter your team NFL fans watched the NFC Championship and thought

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2015, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 10:37 PM by pablo.)
[Image: IMG_36028822334544_zpsj2eqsemu.jpeg]

One more.

[Image: IMG_35966318314409_zpsky3gvksb.jpeg]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post