09-01-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: 2015 Forecast
Approximately 37% of that might happen.

Consider

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 10:24 PM
I for one am hopefull about releations between Cuba and the US improving.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
10-01-2015, 10:46 PM
My forecast for this year.....

Syriza will win in Greece at the end of January in the snap elections. Their promises of easing austerity and defaulting on debt will be argued as unlawful and going against the agreements made by previous governments. I doubt they will fulfil their election promises but will try to renegotiate terms.

The European Central Bank will start quantitative easing unless Germany can find a magic wand and wave it.

The BRICS nations will continue their close partnership with each other. Putting even more pressure on the dollar being the worlds reserve currency.

Europe will be reluctant to place any more sanctions on Russia, as recently some countries have called for an easing of them as they damage their own economies. Russia will continue to struggle but I doubt they will cease military action in Ukraine, instead they will ask for support from their allies.

My country, the UK, will continue to be the greatest tax haven for the mega rich in the world. Drawing in more and more wealth whilst imposing deep austerity. Austerity cuts that my local council, alongside many many other councils that have stated in their recent budget forecasts leading up to 2018 will have them questioning their roles in being able to provide basic statutory services.

America will continue to tell its populace that the recovery is working. Even though millions will leave college with $50,000+ in tuition debt fees and will be unable to find work this year.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
11-01-2015, 07:52 PM
(10-01-2015 10:24 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I for one am hopefull about releations between Cuba and the US improving.

Not if the republicunts have anything to say about it.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
12-01-2015, 03:36 AM
(10-01-2015 10:46 PM)bemore Wrote:  Syriza will win in Greece at the end of January in the snap elections. Their promises of easing austerity and defaulting on debt will be argued as unlawful and going against the agreements made by previous governments. I doubt they will fulfil their election promises but will try to renegotiate terms.

Pretty much what I expect will happen. I doubt they'll have any support from the EU, and that should definitely cause problems. It will be the first time a left-wing party forms a government here. I'm actually even a little bit tempted to vote for them, even though I usually laugh at them.

As for politics in general, I feel they can be equally unpredictable and extremely predictable, so I don't bother much thinking about it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
12-01-2015, 05:49 AM
(10-01-2015 10:24 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I for one am hopefull about releations between Cuba and the US improving.

Why?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
12-01-2015, 06:35 AM
(12-01-2015 05:49 AM)BnW Wrote:  

Why?

Because it's been 50+ years of fear-mongering, irrational bullshit? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-01-2015, 06:43 AM
(12-01-2015 06:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 05:49 AM)BnW Wrote:  Why?

B.. But commies!!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-01-2015, 10:57 AM
(12-01-2015 06:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 05:49 AM)BnW Wrote:  Why?

Yes I hate þe democrats and cheer for þe republicans and all, but þis is a policy that I disagree wiþ. Isolating Cuba will do noþing to quicken þe democratization of þat country.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!