2015 NFL Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: 2015 NFL Thread
Skins are gonna take the Super Bowl. Nate Silver has them at 51% to win the NFC East.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Woot the season may be a wash but still beat Pittsburg twice and in all likelihood knocked them out of the playoffs. Life is good.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-12-2015, 06:52 PM
(27-12-2015 06:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Woot the season may be a wash but still beat Pittsburg twice and in all likelihood knocked them out of the playoffs. Life is good.

Chiefs just won their 9th strait & clinched a playoff spot, earlier! Not that I expect them to do anything with it, but getting it after starting 1-5 is note worthy, I guess! Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-01-2016, 02:22 PM
Of course I watched it! Blush Rolleyes

First playoff victory in 22 years, and they crushed it! A shut-out in somebody else's house!
Chiefs won! Big Grin Guley drunked! Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
14-01-2016, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 09:36 AM by UndauntedToast.)
What's everybody's predictions for this weekend?

I've got the Seahawks exacting revenge on the Panthers; and the Broncos, Patriots and Cardinals winning.

I'd love to see the Chiefs put a repeat performance (from last year's Monday Night Football game) on the Patriots, but one team is banged up and the other one has had the time to heal.
14-01-2016, 11:20 AM
It's hard to call these games. Seattle is a Jekyll and Hyde team lately. For most of the last few months, they have looked like the best team in the league, but a few weeks ago, they lost to the Rams, and last week, they were lucky to get past the Vikings -- and I don't see either the Rams or the Vikings as particularly scary teams. But if the good Seahawks team shows up in Carolina, that could be the best game of the four.

The Chiefs are the hottest team in the league, and New England has been struggling lately. I am actually surprised that the Patriots are favored, and I will be surprised if they win.

Denver should beat Pittsburgh, but with Manning just coming off an injury (and he wasn't playing that well before the injury), that's not a sure thing. Of course, Roethlisburger is hurting, too.

Last but not least, I think the Packers will do better than last time they played the Cardinals (they got thumped 38-8), but I don't think they are good enough to win that game. I hope I'm wrong, though (I'm a Packer fan). I would really like to see a Green Bay-Seattle rematch in the NFC title game.
14-01-2016, 01:58 PM
I was just informed by one of my co-workers that Carolina and Seattle "both have rookie quarterbacks". I didn't bother to argue with him.
14-01-2016, 04:27 PM
I'll give the Seahawks the benefit of the doubt on the Rams games (I'm a Rams fan). The Rams' D is pretty much geared to give the Seahawks fits. Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, Chris Long and the boys are always in Russ Willy's face.

That's hilarious what one of your co-workers said, Grasshopper. The things people say are crazy. Where do they get that info?

I think it'd be fitting if the Chiefs and your Packers matched up. From Super Bowl 1 to Super Bowl 50, as if the NFL all comes together. Quite frankly, I'm tired of seeing the Patriots, but I have a difficult time ruling them out, despite the odds seemingly being against them on paper to a lot of people, just because of their track record. I do hope the Chiefs will dismiss that Pats lore and go forth.
16-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Welp. Tommy and the Pats advance. I'm tired of this same old song, but they've been a model of excellence for so loud (even despite being shrouded in controversy at times). The Packers and Cardinals are in a barn burner.
19-01-2016, 01:07 PM
The Packers had me excited for a minute or two there. Great finish to the regular game -- but then the OT was just like last year.

In the end, all the number 1 and 2 seeds are still alive, and I guess that's how it should be. If Carolina stays reasonably healthy, they are my pick to win the Super Bowl.