2015 NFL Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: 2015 NFL Thread
I'm interested in how well Carson Palmer will play this weekend. I don't think he played particularly well against your Packers, Grasshopper. His day could have gone much more awry if that bizarre tipped pass wasn't miraculously caught for a touchdown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2016, 06:08 PM
I have pretty much given up on football the last couple years. I am so not excited about the very real prospect of the Patriots in another Super Bowl - I hate the Patriots. Angry

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-01-2016, 07:26 PM
My Skins are out so I am hoping not another Pats win, they had their time. And while Peyton has had a great career I lost value for him since he shacked himself up with Papa John. But my best guest is it will be the Pats, Broncos or Steelers wining the Superbowl, most likely the Pats.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Believe it or not, I haven't watched any of the playoff games (I don't have cable), so my comments are based on game scores and what I've read in the newspaper (or online).

1. I don't give the Cardinals much chance to get past Carolina. They have looked shaky in their last two games -- getting crushed by Seattle, and then just barely squeaking past a Packer team that has struggled all year. Meanwhile Carolina has been on cruise control -- and they also have home field advantage. The bookies are only giving them 3 points, but I will be surprised if the game is that close.

2. I was wrong about Kansas City beating New England. The Patriots were impressive, and are now favored to win on the road at Denver. Unlike many, I don't hate Brady or the Patriots, and I'm not a big Peyton Manning fan, but part of me wants to see him go all the way, just to silence the haters who say he can't win the big one. Note that he has gotten his team to the playoffs just about every year, he has made it to the Super Bowl three times, and he has won a Super Bowl. That adds up to quite a few big games that he has won. Nobody wins them all (not even Brady). Also note that in head-to-head matchups between Brady and Manning, Manning has won more of them. But realistically, I don't see either of these teams beating Carolina unless the Panthers have a bad day (or first-time Super Bowl jitters, if that's still a thing).
21-01-2016, 09:07 AM
(21-01-2016 08:43 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Believe it or not, I haven't watched any of the playoff games (I don't have cable), so my comments are based on game scores and what I've read in the newspaper (or online).

1. I don't give the Cardinals much chance to get past Carolina. They have looked shaky in their last two games -- getting crushed by Seattle, and then just barely squeaking past a Packer team that has struggled all year. Meanwhile Carolina has been on cruise control -- and they also have home field advantage. The bookies are only giving them 3 points, but I will be surprised if the game is that close.

2. I was wrong about Kansas City beating New England. The Patriots were impressive, and are now favored to win on the road at Denver. Unlike many, I don't hate Brady or the Patriots, and I'm not a big Peyton Manning fan, but part of me wants to see him go all the way, just to silence the haters who say he can't win the big one. Note that he has gotten his team to the playoffs just about every year, he has made it to the Super Bowl three times, and he has won a Super Bowl. That adds up to quite a few big games that he has won. Nobody wins them all (not even Brady). Also note that in head-to-head matchups between Brady and Manning, Manning has won more of them. But realistically, I don't see either of these teams beating Carolina unless the Panthers have a bad day (or first-time Super Bowl jitters, if that's still a thing).

Oops! gotta correct myself here -- Manning does not have the edge over Brady. Of their 16 previous meetings, Brady has won 11 to Manning's 5. But Brady won the first 6, and it's been even since then. In playoff games, it's 2-2, with Manning having won the last 2. I would still like to see Manning go all the way.
21-01-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm torn. I wouldn't mind seeing Manning cap off his career with a fitting second Super Bowl victory, but at the same time I wouldn't be mad if Larry Fitzgerald of the Cardinals got himself a ring. He's a class act and the penultimate professional. Despite the Cards being divisional rivals with the Rams and Fitz oftentimes being a pain in the Rams' collective ass over the years, I've always respected him and have been a fan. Another guy, Jared Allen of the Panthers, has been a workhorse his whole career; wouldn't complain seeing him get a ring, either.

Hell, I just want anybody but the Patriots to win.

... But if the Patriots DO win it all, at least Steven Jackson would get a ring!Big Grin
22-01-2016, 12:26 PM
The NFL is dead to me.Weeping

Until next September. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Jeebus jumped up & thanked gawdam!
I never thought I'd say it!

Gratitude, Denver defense, gratitude!

Awwww..... poor Brady! Evil_monster

24-01-2016, 05:37 PM
[img][Image: 33707004_zps9lnc7fv7.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-01-2016, 05:43 PM
My poor husband is so sad. He didn't expect the Pats to win, but he's still disappointed.