2015/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: 2015/
(30-12-2014 02:15 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Well, if it's New Years' there, Happy New Year, if you're still reading.

It is not a happy new year. 2014 was the worst year in modern history, so 2015 can only be worse.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2014, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2014 04:13 PM by Free Thought.)
(30-12-2014 02:19 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:15 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Well, if it's New Years' there, Happy New Year, if you're still reading.

It is not a happy new year. 2014 was the worst year in modern history, so 2015 can only be worse.

Laughat Oh, you're so funny when you're being retarded.

Worst year in modern human history?

Well that's an objectively wrong statement, if I've ever heard one, considering that by the vast majority of definitions it would include 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1918 and 1919 which are all strong runners in the 'worst year in human history' awards, given the extreme scale of death they all contained. And they've got decent competition from the years 1934 through 1946 for much the same reasons.
Not to mention 1930, the year in which most of the world plunged into the worst economic breakdown in history.
In more recent times, you've got 2007 and 2008 thanks to the GFC.

2014 was a mild year; despite the contributions from ISIS and similar bands of nearly sub-human filth, and the impact of ebola, this year was relatively low on death, destruction and mayhem, and it was economically and socially 'meh'.

I'll open the question up to everybody else: what do you think was the worst year in modern human history? Remember that the majority of historians count modernity as beginning around 1500 as the 'early modern' period, so have fun with your choices!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-12-2014, 04:10 PM
(30-12-2014 02:19 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  

Laugh out load Wait till you see 2032!

Perhaps you should find yourself a bunker.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/...omers.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-12-2014, 04:17 PM
(30-12-2014 12:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  HAPPY NEW YEAR T.T. A.

from WOOF in OZ!Wink

Back at You, Mr. Woof.

My New Year's Resolution is to continue doing what I'm doing, only do it better.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
[+] 1 user Likes 666wannabe's post
30-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Re: RE: 2015/
(30-12-2014 02:19 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It is not a happy new year. 2014 was the worst year in modern history, so 2015 can only be worse.

I bet you're a beacon of absolute delight at gatherings.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
30-12-2014, 08:54 PM
It's after midday on new years eve here. I haven't seen this article posted elsewhere, but I think you should all be forewarned: Various groups in major cities are planning to set off explosives coinciding with the new years celebrations:
Quote:Police are reportedly cordoning off the Sydney Harbour Bridge and asking the public to stay well clear of the surrounding area today, after a large number of explosives were found attached at strategic points along the length of Sydney's iconic bridge.

While details are being kept under wraps by police and no groups have come forward yet to claim responsibility, investigators have confirmed that the explosives were seemingly armed to explode at midnight on December 31st, a time presumably chosen to take advantage of the large number of people celebrating new years in the city.

The explosives were reportedly found by police during a routine security sweep of the bridge, after sniffer dogs detected the presence of gunpowder.
http://thesauce.co/police-find-thousands...ur-bridge/

Happy New Year Mr Woof. I hope you're feeling better on your return.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
30-12-2014, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2014 09:04 PM by Free Thought.)
(30-12-2014 08:54 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  It's after midday on new years eve here. I haven't seen this article posted elsewhere, but I think you should all be forewarned: Various groups in major cities are planning to set off explosives coinciding with the new years celebrations:
Quote:Police are reportedly cordoning off the Sydney Harbour Bridge and asking the public to stay well clear of the surrounding area today, after a large number of explosives were found attached at strategic points along the length of Sydney's iconic bridge.

While details are being kept under wraps by police and no groups have come forward yet to claim responsibility, investigators have confirmed that the explosives were seemingly armed to explode at midnight on December 31st, a time presumably chosen to take advantage of the large number of people celebrating new years in the city.

The explosives were reportedly found by police during a routine security sweep of the bridge, after sniffer dogs detected the presence of gunpowder.
http://thesauce.co/police-find-thousands...ur-bridge/

Happy New Year Mr Woof. I hope you're feeling better on your return.

Oh boy...

Whatever did we do?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-12-2014, 10:26 PM
(30-12-2014 05:12 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:19 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It is not a happy new year. 2014 was the worst year in modern history, so 2015 can only be worse.

Ain't it the truth...geez Louise. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
31-12-2014, 10:17 PM
EDIT: Removed because I'm retarded and can't remember shit

Truth seeker.
31-12-2014, 10:19 PM
(30-12-2014 05:12 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  

I don't talk much. My voice is utter crap.

Truth seeker.