2017 NFL football season

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: 2017 NFL football season
Los Angeles Chargers? Blink

Shows how much I've paid attention. Hobo Coulda swore they were in San Diego, last year.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2017, 10:14 PM
I heard the Chargers new stadium is going to be incredible. See-thru and with two fields. One for the team and another that fans can play on.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Hard to judge over 1 game but either the Bungles are really that bad or Baltimore has a hell of a Defense. Offense was not good but with the QB having missed most of the Pre-season with an injury that is not unexpected. 20-0 is a hell of a statement win in the division.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-09-2017, 06:01 PM
(08-09-2017 05:42 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I tend to have "back up" teams to root for when my teams inevitably choke and die. Packers are one of those backups, I always liked the cool history though as you described there was that long stretch of not-quite-glory. I hope the Packers come out of the NFC.

WELL THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG. Luckily I'm a life-long Packer fan! Yep, that's me! Go Pack!

13-09-2017, 06:02 PM
(12-09-2017 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hard to judge over 1 game but either the Bungles are really that bad or Baltimore has a hell of a Defense. Offense was not good but with the QB having missed most of the Pre-season with an injury that is not unexpected. 20-0 is a hell of a statement win in the division.

Thurs night will let you about Cinncy. If Texans win Cinncy really must suck because Texans were humiliated Sunday.

13-09-2017, 06:11 PM
(13-09-2017 06:02 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hard to judge over 1 game but either the Bungles are really that bad or Baltimore has a hell of a Defense. Offense was not good but with the QB having missed most of the Pre-season with an injury that is not unexpected. 20-0 is a hell of a statement win in the division.

Thurs night will let you about Cinncy. If Texans win Cinncy really must suck because Texans were humiliated Sunday.

That game has the potential to be 1st pick in the 2018 Draft Bowl.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-09-2017, 06:19 PM
(13-09-2017 06:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-09-2017 06:02 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Thurs night will let you about Cinncy. If Texans win Cinncy really must suck because Texans were humiliated Sunday.

That game has the potential to be 1st pick in the 2018 Draft Bowl.

That hurts bro. I've got 24 hours to feel that Sunday was just a freak breakdown and Jacksonville is really a superbowl contender. Don't shit on me! Go Texans!

13-09-2017, 09:20 PM
(08-09-2017 05:42 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 10:10 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No bandwagon here (although I've been sort of a Yankees fan in baseball since 1965 or so, when I first got interested in baseball; they were the best team at the time, but not for long -- they started sucking almost as soon as I started liking them, but like the man-turned-newt in Monty Python, they "got better").

Anyway, in football, I've been a Green Bay Packers fan since I was old enough to know who they were -- through the 60s when they were the best team in the NFL, then the 70s and 80s when they were mediocre at best, and then the 90s and after, when they've been perennial playoff contenders but rarely go "all the way". This year, they have a decent chance to go all the way, but whatever they do, I will remain a fan.

ETA: On the other hand, I'm not a fanatic about it. If the Packers go 0-16, it wouldn't change my life in any significant way. Football is entertainment -- more entertaining when my team wins, but it's not a matter of life or death.

I tend to have "back up" teams to root for when my teams inevitably choke and die. Packers are one of those backups, I always liked the cool history though as you described there was that long stretch of not-quite-glory. I hope the Packers come out of the NFC.

(13-09-2017 06:01 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 05:42 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I tend to have "back up" teams to root for when my teams inevitably choke and die. Packers are one of those backups, I always liked the cool history though as you described there was that long stretch of not-quite-glory. I hope the Packers come out of the NFC.

WELL THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG. Luckily I'm a life-long Packer fan! Yep, that's me! Go Pack!
t

I gotta laugh because I have already hidden my Patriots shirt. (It is like wearing a swastika around where I live. Everything is blue and green Seahawks.) I wore it proudly when they won the Superbowl but I am pressing my luck if they are going to keep losing. I like the Broncos and Packers too. And the Saints. And, I have not the slightest clue why, but, there is a part of me that likes the Browns. Laugh out load

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
[+] 1 user Likes Oaken's post
15-09-2017, 10:30 AM
(13-09-2017 06:19 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(13-09-2017 06:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That game has the potential to be 1st pick in the 2018 Draft Bowl.

That hurts bro. I've got 24 hours to feel that Sunday was just a freak breakdown and Jacksonville is really a superbowl contender. Don't shit on me! Go Texans!

Well gotta think Marvin Lewis jumps to the top of Coach about to be fired rankings after that. That was an ugly game and sorry to say, friend, your Texans did not really impress. Your rookie QB showed flashes of being something and your Defense was good but overall your offense was lackluster and your Special teams were just bad. You are probably looking 8-8 as a ceiling this year.

15-09-2017, 01:10 PM
(02-09-2017 07:28 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I'm a bandwagon fan. I don't invest time or attention unless I think "my" team is good. That said, I think my team might be good this year. Texans- stout defense, hopefully competent offense. Maybe have caught lighting in a bottle with new young quarterback (some guy).

Football's fun. Once a week, so each game is kind of a drama and each win and loss is a big deal. Anyway, done rambling. Whoever your team is, fuck you, they suck.

20 some odd years ago I stopped paying attention to the draft with my Skins. Year after year I'd always hear a fellow fan talk about how much better we would be that year, only to be spotty most of the time not making the playoffs and not good enough to make it deep into the playoffs. Ever since Snyder owned the team it has been like a Lamborghini with a flat tire and an oil leak, looks great but you cant do a damned thing with it. RG was our best shot, but Cousins is having the same damned problem, not line to protect him. We have not had all 6 cylinders firing at the same time for decades.

I am way past the point of saying, "CHANGE THE FUCKING NAME, JUST STOP SUCKING!"

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37