2017 NFL football season

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: 2017 NFL football season
(15-09-2017 10:30 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-09-2017 06:19 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  That hurts bro. I've got 24 hours to feel that Sunday was just a freak breakdown and Jacksonville is really a superbowl contender. Don't shit on me! Go Texans!

Well gotta think Marvin Lewis jumps to the top of Coach about to be fired rankings after that. That was an ugly game and sorry to say, friend, your Texans did not really impress. Your rookie QB showed flashes of being something and your Defense was good but overall your offense was lackluster and your Special teams were just bad. You are probably looking 8-8 as a ceiling this year.

Yeah I hear ya. The defense was supposed to be really really intimidating but I don't see anything dominant. And it's almost workplace violence to let D Watson learn on the job behind that offensive line, with no running game.

Oh well, 8-8 may give us the division.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2017, 06:25 PM
(15-09-2017 01:10 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  [20 some odd years ago I stopped paying attention to the draft with my Skins. Year after year I'd always hear a fellow fan talk about how much better we would be that year, only to be spotty most of the time not making the playoffs and not good enough to make it deep into the playoffs. Ever since Snyder owned the team it has been like a Lamborghini with a flat tire and an oil leak, looks great but you cant do a damned thing with it. RG was our best shot, but Cousins is having the same damned problem, not line to protect him. We have not had all 6 cylinders firing at the same time for decades.

I am way past the point of saying, "CHANGE THE FUCKING NAME, JUST STOP SUCKING!"

It's amazing how long Snyder has been owner there, seems like just yesterday boy wonder took over. Yeah Washington's been very Texan-like for a long time.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
15-09-2017, 06:43 PM
(15-09-2017 06:25 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(15-09-2017 01:10 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  [20 some odd years ago I stopped paying attention to the draft with my Skins. Year after year I'd always hear a fellow fan talk about how much better we would be that year, only to be spotty most of the time not making the playoffs and not good enough to make it deep into the playoffs. Ever since Snyder owned the team it has been like a Lamborghini with a flat tire and an oil leak, looks great but you cant do a damned thing with it. RG was our best shot, but Cousins is having the same damned problem, not line to protect him. We have not had all 6 cylinders firing at the same time for decades.

I am way past the point of saying, "CHANGE THE FUCKING NAME, JUST STOP SUCKING!"

It's amazing how long Snyder has been owner there, seems like just yesterday boy wonder took over. Yeah Washington's been very Texan-like for a long time.

I have never understood why old man Cooke gave his son the team but not the money to run them. Was sad too cause the son had been running things in DC for years anyway.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Whelp so far so good for the Ravens 2 wins and we have forced as many turnovers (10) as we have allowed points. Granted it is against the Browns and the Bungles. Week 4 is going to be interesting. Pittsburgh and Baltimore has been the best rivalry in sports over the last 10 years. Good old fashioned smash mouthed football. Trench warfare.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-09-2017, 03:50 PM
(17-09-2017 03:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Whelp so far so good for the Ravens 2 wins and we have forced as many turnovers (10) as we have allowed points. Granted it is against the Browns and the Bungles. Week 4 is going to be interesting. Pittsburgh and Baltimore has been the best rivalry in sports over the last 10 years. Good old fashioned smash mouthed football. Trench warfare.

Husband is a big Pitt fan. I find Big Ben to be too inconsistent. And since Polamalu retired the excitement level fell drastically for me. I loved watching him play.

We won't even get into Ben needs to learn that no means no.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Oh NFL only. I been to a few games this season, but really shouldn't be here cuz they were CFL... Dang. :/

Carry on....
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
17-09-2017, 06:14 PM
I used to be a big football fan. And then Dan Snyder bought the Redskins. Now I watch soccer.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Oh fuck. So close. Texans go toe to toe with the Patriots, lead at the end but leave Brady two minutes needing a touchdown. Which of course they get. Maybe I should be happy. Our offense usually sucks ass, but today did well with rookie quarterback making good throws and running when needed.

Nah. Got out-coached. Kicked a field goal with a fourth and one with two minutes left against New England. Pussy conventional move.

24-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Chiefs 3-0 Big Grin

Okay, I'll prolly continue to catch e'er game this season. Blush

24-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Wait...they’re still playing football? I thought the whole thing had collapsed because of the kneeling during the anthem thing as per LDH. Huh

Wadayaknow.

Carry on.

I hope whoever you root for they hit lots of home runs and win in record time!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post