2017 NFL football season

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: 2017 NFL football season
(26-10-2017 03:30 AM)Oaken Wrote:  I want the Astros to win. It would be a big FUCK YOU to Jim Bakker and every religious nut who proclaimed that the hurricane was god's divine judgment.

I don't really care who wins. I'm just glad it won't be the fucking Cubs again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2017, 08:04 AM
I predict that the season will end in a gala extravaganza of music and fireworks and dancers and washed up celebrities trotting out there old hits.
This will be preceded and followed by a bit of football.

Oh yeah.
Go Pats!

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
27-10-2017, 05:54 AM
The Dolphins are at the police station showing the shrink on the doll where the Raven's touched them.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
28-10-2017, 09:14 AM
(27-10-2017 05:54 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  The Dolphins are at the police station showing the shrink on the doll where the Raven's touched them.

Lol. And the Ravens are at the same police station filing a missing person report for Joe Flacco's head.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
28-10-2017, 09:38 AM
(26-10-2017 07:05 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(26-10-2017 03:30 AM)Oaken Wrote:  I want the Astros to win. It would be a big FUCK YOU to Jim Bakker and every religious nut who proclaimed that the hurricane was god's divine judgment.

I don't really care who wins. I'm just glad it won't be the fucking Cubs again.

What?

I could see NFL fans getting tired of the Pats winning Superbowl after Superbowl, but damn, the Cubs had a very long drought. It they had won two in a row, I could live with that, but sure, after two in a row, sure, I want some other underdog to win.

If sports fans want something to really bitch about, be it NFL, MLB, NBA or NHL you should bitch about the corporate blackmail by the owners whom get free stadiums/arenas by threatening to move the team or moving the team.

But from a fan's perspective, we don't own the teams no matter the sport, and I like being a good sport. I was happy for the Cubs because they hadn't had a win in a long time. I'd also be happy for the Browns because well, they have never won a Superbowl.

I love an underdog story. Dynasties get boring after a while.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
28-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Rather than start a new thread, a baseball interlude:

So last night game three World Series, Astros player Yuli Gurriel mocks a Japanese player for the Dodgers. Pulls the corners of his eyes outward. How ignorant do you have to be to think that's cute and funny?

He is to serve a five game suspension starting next year and undergo sensitivity training. (I'm not crazy about the training thing, always struck me as overly Big Brothery and thought-controlish, but this would be as good a case as any for it) Yu Darvish, the Japanese player, with a very gracious response:

"No one is perfect," Darvish wrote. "That includes both you and I. What he [did] today isn't right, but I believe we should put our effort into learning rather than to accuse him. If we can take something for this, this is a giant step for mankind. Since we are living in such a wonderful world, let's stay positive and move forward instead of focusing on anger. I'm counting on everyone's big love."

29-10-2017, 08:49 AM
(28-10-2017 09:38 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(26-10-2017 07:05 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't really care who wins. I'm just glad it won't be the fucking Cubs again.

What?

I could see NFL fans getting tired of the Pats winning Superbowl after Superbowl, but damn, the Cubs had a very long drought. It they had won two in a row, I could live with that, but sure, after two in a row, sure, I want some other underdog to win.

If sports fans want something to really bitch about, be it NFL, MLB, NBA or NHL you should bitch about the corporate blackmail by the owners whom get free stadiums/arenas by threatening to move the team or moving the team.

But from a fan's perspective, we don't own the teams no matter the sport, and I like being a good sport. I was happy for the Cubs because they hadn't had a win in a long time. I'd also be happy for the Browns because well, they have never won a Superbowl.

I love an underdog story. Dynasties get boring after a while.

Nothing to do with underdogs or anything like that. I just hate the Cubs -- always have, and always will. My favorite teams are the Brewers (because I live in Wisconsin) and the Yankees (because, when I first became a baseball fan in the mid-1960s, Wisconsin didn't have a team, and the Yankee were the greatest team ever -- plus, they had cool uniforms), and my third favorite team is whoever is playing the Cubs.

I realize it is irrational for me to hate the Cubs -- they have never done anything to me. But the Brewers and Yankees (and, in football, the Green Bay Packers) have never done anything for me either. All sports partisanship, whether positive or negative, is irrational.
30-10-2017, 06:04 AM
Boy the way the Hogs did play
Riggins made the Hit Parade
The Wild Bunch won the game
Those were the days

Translation. DANNY, SELL THE TEAM, YOU SUCK AS AN OWNER!

I swear the Skins have an allergy to winning.

30-10-2017, 08:29 AM
(30-10-2017 06:04 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Boy the way the Hogs did play
Riggins made the Hit Parade
The Wild Bunch won the game
Those were the days

Translation. DANNY, SELL THE TEAM, YOU SUCK AS AN OWNER!

I swear the Skins have an allergy to winning.

I stopped watching football 3 years after Snyder bought them. He didn't do so great with Six Flags either.

That was a hell of a baseball game though. Might've been the best world series game I've ever seen.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-10-2017, 09:37 AM
I don't comment much on sports but my husband was watching the Chicago Bears game yesterday. I happened to walk through the room and glance at the tv just when some guy's leg snapped in half. Ewww. Why did I take that moment to walk through the room? Why? Sadcryface

Not for the squeemish!

http://nypost.com/2017/10/29/bears-tight...ome-scene/

I wonder if that guy will ever be able to play football again.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post