21 and Married

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 12:25 PM
21 and Married
Yeah, I know, you probably think the title is crazy but that's me. I absolutely love being married. its the life for me. what was once a choice done through religious furvor it has now been the window to my skeptic awakening. my marriage is pricesless in so many ways. its allowed me to make my own life decisions and leave the church. it's allowed me to move away from family and be autonomous. it's allowed me to experience new and exciting things with my wife and she has helped me be a better person.

anyone else out there young and married? Or perhaps young and living together? What's your financial situation? Ours isn't great, but we get by. how do you improve your living standards?

Those who are married and older, have some wise advise?

(Please, no one suggest the military to me. I cannot join because of medical issues. I'm big in computers and programing, just don't have work doing it yet and I'm still educating myself. )

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes elconquistador's post
28-04-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: 21 and Married
(28-04-2014 12:25 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  Those who are married and older, have some wise advise?

Hold off on kids, travel how ever far you can afford to, work on your bucket list items that would be difficult with children, that way you can enjoy your kids with out any resentment later on.

Never ever ever ever go a day without saying a kind word to your wife Heart Thumbsup oh and have sex as often as possible.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 6 users Like sporehux's post
28-04-2014, 12:42 PM
QC and I got married the month after she turned 20.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-04-2014, 01:32 PM
I got married when I was seventeen. I don't think I have a lot of good things to say of it, but that's more because of who I married than that I married so young. I really think I would have thrived as a young married person I just have that stereotypical wifey personality. My best advice would be to remember that being married doesn't have to mean giving up your youth. Make sure you keep enjoying things that people your age enjoy doing.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
28-04-2014, 01:34 PM
(28-04-2014 01:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I got married when I was seventeen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7exrIHcN...u.be&t=21s

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
28-04-2014, 01:44 PM
(28-04-2014 01:34 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 01:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I got married when I was seventeen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7exrIHcN...u.be&t=21s

Gasp I don't get the connection....Blink

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
28-04-2014, 02:22 PM
The main thing is enjoy yourselves. As mentioned earlier, travel and see a bit of the world. There's plenty of time later on for kids and stuff. I was in my thirties before I got serious and planned a house and kids etc.... I'm now 51 and happily married.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
28-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Quote:Those who are married and older, have some wise advise?

Memorize the phrase, "yes, dear."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
28-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Hold off on kids. Enjoy life....go fucking LIVE IT!

kids are wonderful- I got two of my own--but life changes once they arrive. Priorities change, EVERYTHING changes. Usually for the good, but its a BIG change, and you will think about all those things you didn't get a chance to do. Honestly--no matter how budget conscience you are---kids are fucking expensive! seriously. For 20 years you will be buying them a new wardrobe because they grow out of everything, for 3 yrs you will be spending $30 week on just diapers!, Shoes-every 6 months--$25 pair

So---follow YOUR dreams--follow the dreams of your WIFE....but don't be in a rush to have kids.

I know lots of people will say you should own your own house, because its cheaper than renting, because you get tax credits, blah, blah, blah. But if you rent you are free to travel, you are free to move for employment, you don't have the major expense or hassle of roof repairs, furnace, plumbing repairs, etc. Purchasing a home isn't for everyone. Its for people who like being tied to one spot.

Spend your $$ on experiences & education and not on "stuff" You will be richer for it. Better to spend $2K on a trip then to waste it on a tv. Having less stuff frees you to do more in life.

stay healthy....exercise....mostly be active having fun together.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Talk about everything; don't hang on to resentments or pet peeves.

Don't have kids because "it's what people do." Have kids because you really want to be a parent.

Have adventures, take lots of pictures, and surprise each other.

You will change as individuals when you get older. Maybe a lot. Don't let it freak you out.

Respect your partner and take care of yourself. Money and health are big stressers on relationships.

Finally...
The correct answer to "Does this make me look fat?" is "Of course not. The fat makes you look fat." Use at your own risk...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post