21 grams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2013, 12:42 AM
21 grams
I heard a prist talking about something about souls weight 21 grams. What should i say to him?
(ps i know the "test's" final report has not been recognized by the scientific community. But i need some details on this thing.)

I got Dysgraphia and i am not living in the US so plz forgive my poor english.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2013, 01:34 AM
RE: 21 grams
Ask him how this was measured. The experiment to prove it would be highly unethical. You'd have to weigh someone, immediately kill them, then immediately weigh them again. Either that or have a dying person on a scale at the time of death.
Sounds like they're making shit up... as usual.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
28-09-2013, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2013 02:33 AM by Shawnzy.)
This also doesn't matter if you can't trap the 'soul' that leaves and weigh it to show that it's 21 grams.

So even if you do lose 21 grams at death, it means nothing if you can't isolate and weigh the 'soul'

The face that somebody in a position of 'leadership' said something that stupid is laughable
28-09-2013, 02:30 AM
(28-09-2013 01:34 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Either that or have a dying person on a scale at the time of death.
Sounds like they're making shit up... as usual.

I believe this experiment was done and the scale did not change.
28-09-2013, 04:28 AM
If a soul exists and it has some small amount of mass, while also being as intangible as a neutrino, then we should expect that all souls are at the core of the earth, trapped for a very very long time.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
28-09-2013, 04:31 AM
Citations?

Who? When? Where?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2013, 04:35 AM
(28-09-2013 04:28 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If a soul exists and it has some small amount of mass, while also being as intangible as a neutrino, then we should expect that all souls are at the core of the earth, trapped for a very very long time.

Damn, you found purgatory! Shocking

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-09-2013, 06:21 AM
(28-09-2013 12:42 AM)bustead Wrote:  I heard a prist talking about something about souls weight 21 grams. What should i say to him?
(ps i know the "test's" final report has not been recognized by the scientific community. But i need some details on this thing.)

My response to him would be to laugh very loudly for short burst , give him a "really?" look, then smile and zone him out.
28-09-2013, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2013 09:22 AM by DLJ.)
(28-09-2013 04:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Citations?

Who? When? Where?

Old story.

Here ya go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-09-2013, 08:26 AM
A normal paperclip weighs about 1 gram, so we're talking the weight & mass of 21 paperclips.
With that much mass, you could easily spot a soul

Maybe he was talking about some imaginary unit like souler grams ?

And what about the other parts of the soul, like the khat, ab, ren,ka, ba, shut, akh, sahu.
Ask him how much those weigh.

Then ask how much baby angel meat is by the pound because you're having an atheist party on saturday.

Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post