21 grams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: 21 grams
I didn't see that movie but apparently, your priest did. Been meaning to check it out but it didn't seem all that interesting. Although, I do like looking at some of the people who star in it.

People entertain all kinds of ideas about death. Some seem desperate to connect death with life, as if it needs to be something more than an observable transition to not existing.

Some even try to prove that one's personal, recognizable identity continues beyond what is detectable. I'd have to ask those people why such a separated thing would be significant to our existence. I don't know why people want to hang on to the dead.

Anything beyond keeping a personal memory of a loved one's life as we get on with our own, is a waste of time. Priests have little else to do than waste people's time, I guess.

Here's a wiki for that film. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_Grams

Sorry, shitty weather; my linky thing is fucked. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Naomi Watts. Big Grin

It's interesting, but inconclusive; kinda ghoulish, actually.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2013, 09:46 AM
(28-09-2013 09:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Naomi Watts. Big Grin

It's interesting, but inconclusive; kinda ghoulish, actually.

Oh good - a Halloween flick - just in time!

Benicio, Benicio... wherefore art thou, Benicio? Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-09-2013, 10:45 AM
If we knew how, we'd have the hard drive capacity to save a person's «content». There's also progress on the brain/computer interfacing.
I'm not sure weight is the correct unit of measurement. I'm also not sure a person's «content» equals what is thought of as a soul. If we did have the transfer technology, we'd have saved memories, feelings, a whole lot of function instructions that are no longer relevant (since hard drives are hardly bodies to make work) and a bunch of opinions. Now what, if any of that constitutes a soul... and it would be terabytes of data.
There might be a race between the singularity and the rapture Smile
30-09-2013, 12:06 AM
(29-09-2013 10:45 AM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  If we knew how, we'd have the hard drive capacity to save a person's «content». There's also progress on the brain/computer interfacing.
I'm not sure weight is the correct unit of measurement. I'm also not sure a person's «content» equals what is thought of as a soul. If we did have the transfer technology, we'd have saved memories, feelings, a whole lot of function instructions that are no longer relevant (since hard drives are hardly bodies to make work) and a bunch of opinions. Now what, if any of that constitutes a soul... and it would be terabytes of data.

I wanna live in the future!!! I'll volunteer to be the first bionic human Smile (I hear that's a volun-told job though Confused )
30-09-2013, 02:05 AM
(30-09-2013 12:06 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(29-09-2013 10:45 AM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  If we knew how, we'd have the hard drive capacity to save a person's «content». There's also progress on the brain/computer interfacing.

I wanna live in the future!!! I'll volunteer to be the first bionic human Smile (I hear that's a volun-told job though Confused )

[Image: borg_o_2031729.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense