212 Reasons to Reject Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2014, 05:14 PM
I have listed all of the reasons why I believe that Christianity is false. I say all, but I tend to add more as I think about it or when I come across something in my research.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like xyz's post
25-12-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: 212 Reasons to Reject Christianity
212? I can barely get through any top ten list.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
25-12-2014, 06:24 PM
213 - It gives me the willies just thinking about some zombie walking around and people saying "Just let him into your heart."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
25-12-2014, 07:24 PM
I just need one: that Jesus as a deity has no evidence to support it.

Always happy to hear of evidence, if anybody hss some.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
25-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I also just need one.

They cooked it up based on a totally false reading of ancient Hebrew culture, (which was also based on layers and layers of crap).

Jebus did not get the job of a messiah done.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2014, 08:20 PM
(25-12-2014 05:14 PM)xyz Wrote:  I have listed all of the reasons why I believe that Christianity is false. I say all, but I tend to add more as I think about it or when I come across something in my research.

Interesting, I’ll need a few weeks or months to slog though it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Still got a lot of reading to do but some of that seems to be word for word points I've seen posted by goodwithoutgod.
26-12-2014, 09:10 AM
(25-12-2014 05:14 PM)xyz Wrote:  I have listed all of the reasons why I believe that Christianity is false. I say all, but I tend to add more as I think about it or when I come across something in my research.

Haha, I just came across your site last week, although it was 180 reasons to reject christianity then. Big GrinThumbsup

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
26-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Good job.
Quick question: it seems to me "reasons to reject christianity" and "christianity is false" are two different things.
Take number 4: hell. I agree with your argument that it is infinite punishment for a finite sin and we should therefor reject a system based on this. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is false. To get to the "false" conclusion, I think you need an extra step, something like: by definition god is benevolent, hell is not, they cannot be both true.
To get to my "quick" question: are you trying to disprove christianity or show the horror and absurdity of it?
I'll continue working my way down...

800 pound GORILLA in the room
800poundgorillaintheroom.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2014, 11:46 AM
(25-12-2014 08:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I also just need one.

They cooked it up based on a totally false reading of ancient Hebrew culture, (which was also based on layers and layers of crap).

Jebus did not get the job of a messiah done.

That's where my onion fell apart.

Once I realized what the messiah was supposed to accomplish -- all the stuff all Jebus fools ignore, then I began considering the mythology of the old testament....

Hello atheism!

It's really funny in an odd sort of way, I'm friends with Jewish guy, he agrees most of the big biblical heros of the old testament are myth too. That's why now he pretty much considers himself a cultural Jew.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post