22 children die in bus crash. Belgium in shock!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 03:43 PM
22 children die in bus crash. Belgium in shock!
News article on CNN

Belgium woke up with a horrible tragedy this morning. 28 persons died in a strange bus crash in Switzerland. 22 of them where 12 year old kids on their way back from a snow vacation.

Parents from all over the country are brutally poked into their sensitive spot.

Belgium is in shock and grieving. Flags are halfmast and the radio is broadcasting a replacement program. Even the youth-radio has opened his channels to young people who can't give the current events a place.

As a new parent I'm saddened to tears by this news. The current events in my own life made me over sensitive to the pain of grieving.

Then again, As "Emotional rationalist" my antennae are tuning in on the warmth that the citizens of Belgium are starting to generate. Literally no one remains unmoved by this tragedy. Even radio journalists and the professional counsellors they interview speak with broken voices full of emotion.

Belgium is comforting itself, huddles together and learns valuable lessons in life.

Humanity at its finest.

If you want to join the motion, you can make your condolences for the family of the victims on the official site or on the facebook page.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: 22 children die in bus crash. Belgium in shock!
I saw it on the news this morning. It was a truly horrific accident. I had to sit there for a few minutes just to take it in. I feel terrible for the mothers whose children will never come home.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
15-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Well fuck me. This is terrible. It is unfortunate that these kinds of things happen.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
15-03-2012, 12:32 PM
The official day of grievance is tomorrow. I think I'm going to wear a black band around my arm.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
15-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I would make a joke about how somehow someone would say "Thank God" on the news, but I really can't. Here in Germany, we also feel sad because of this event.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
15-03-2012, 03:53 PM
(15-03-2012 03:25 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I would make a joke about how somehow someone would say "Thank God" on the news, but I really can't.
It just isn't funny anymore, is it?
There 's just no fucking way I can bring myself to some sarcastic joke now.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
15-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Don't know them, don't care. Why is everyone else pretending like they care? You don't care either, unless on the off chance you know someone directly tied to the event.
15-03-2012, 03:59 PM
(15-03-2012 03:57 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Don't know them, don't care. Why is everyone else pretending like they care? You don't care either, unless on the off chance you know someone directly tied to the event.

I am sorry, it appears you dropped your empathy back there. Let me pick it up for you.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
15-03-2012, 04:01 PM
(15-03-2012 03:57 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Don't know them, don't care. Why is everyone else pretending like they care? You don't care either, unless on the off chance you know someone directly tied to the event.
Do you have children mysticjbyrd?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
15-03-2012, 04:04 PM
(15-03-2012 04:01 PM)Observer Wrote:  
Do you have children mysticjbyrd?

No, but if I did, then I still wouldn't care that some other kids died. Nearly 2 people die every second on average across the world! Are you pretending you care about those people too? I doubt it.

Heck as far as death goes, they were pretty lucky. Many, even children, have to suffer for days, weeks, or even years before they go.