24 year old, Anthony Miranda -Chicago, picks the wrong person to mug.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2011, 10:36 AM

24 year old, Anthony Miranda -Chicago, picks the wrong person to mug.
LOL. I saw this and I wanted to find the fighter and give him a high five.
Fucking immature people these days.
I'm glad that he picked the wrong person, and got his ass handed to him.

[Image: 111206-Anthony-Miranda-5a.photoblog600.jpg]

There is a link to the story below.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/1...ma-fighter
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like insidemyownmind's post
06-12-2011, 11:06 AM
RE: 24 year old, Anthony Miranda -Chicago, picks the wrong person to mug.
(06-12-2011 10:36 AM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  LOL. I saw this and I wanted to find the fighter and give him a high five.

Unfortunately, he'll probably find a lawyer (or one will find him) to sue the victim for beating him up. And almost unbeleivably, he'll actually have a chance to win.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 12:55 PM by Hughsie.)
I love stories like this, a similar thing happened to a guy my dad knew when he lived in Liverpool. His karate teacher was about 5"5 and slim build, looked like an easy target for a mugger one night. Only thing was he was a black-belt in three martial arts and wasn't the type to hold back in a fight. Within half an hour the mugger was in hospital wired in to several machines on their ICU.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Should have been beat up for that hair cut alone.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
08-12-2011, 12:42 AM
(06-12-2011 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 10:36 AM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  LOL. I saw this and I wanted to find the fighter and give him a high five.

Unfortunately, he'll probably find a lawyer (or one will find him) to sue the victim for beating him up. And almost unbeleivably, he'll actually have a chance to win.

After seeing that pic I was thinking the exact same thing.
The guy might have went a bit too far in beating this guy.
08-12-2011, 05:25 AM
A bit too far? He had a gun in his face! The idiot tried to rob him, take his car and maybe shoot him in the process. What is it that you think deserves a good beating, if this was too much for robbery, grand theft auto and attempted murder?

He stands no chance in court, no judge will sentence the MMA fighter for this, it was a clear example of self-defense against an armed individual. And he got of good, he could have got a much worse beating if it were not the professional who only subdued him on the ground (with a few punches... Smile ), if it were some "gangsta" he would still be beating him up with his ten friends.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
08-12-2011, 05:31 AM
(08-12-2011 12:42 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  

You misunderstand me. I think the guy got what was coming, but I think many judges in the U.S. will think the dickhead's rights were violated.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2011, 12:29 PM
(08-12-2011 05:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-12-2011 12:42 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  

You misunderstand me. I think the guy got what was coming, but I think many judges in the U.S. will think the dickhead's rights were violated.

I think everyone is misunderstand everyone.

I personally don't think he went too far either. I am just saying, some lawyer and judge might see it differently.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
08-12-2011, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 03:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
Ahhh ... an excellent opportunity to introduce the forum to ManlyGirl. She looks like fucking Lisbeth Salander, tats everywhere, 22 piercings on each ear, multiple piercings on eyebrows, nose, and lip. Why anyone would want to fuck with her is beyond me, but they do. 3 incidents in the last 6 months.

Incident #1: ManlyGirl's leaving the local liquor store and a drunk who's hanging out front solicits her for spare change. Being a compassionate atheist she gives him fifty cents. He is so grateful he thanks her by grabbing her tit. A right hook later, he falls to the pavement headfirst with a sickening thud. She's getting ready to kick him when he's down with her steel-toed RedWings when the Indian owner of the store (whose name is Duke Rodriguez which only adds to the hilarity) rushes out of the store and says "Please just go home now Sue, I'll take care of this."

Incident #2: ManlyGirl's in the self-checkout line at Home Depot when she feels something brush her ass. Her initial response is to just ignore it, probably just an accident, then she feels a hand on her crotch. A left elbow later blood's flying everywhere out of dude's nose. Home Depot security rushes over and says, "Please ma'am, just leave now, we'll take care of this."

Incident #3: ManlyGirl's coming out of a gas station late at night because my kids sent her out for Backwoods (which apparently are now favored over EZ-widers amongst today's youth), some dude in a hoodie comes over and tries to grab her purse. She pivots and kicks him in the shin (recall that she wears steel-toed RedWings). Dude drops like a rock and she gets in her car and leaves. Couple hours later she gets a call from the cops (gas station's cameras got her tags).

Cop: Ma'am did you have an altercation earlier this evening?
ManlyGirl: Yeah, some guy tried to steal my purse so I kicked him in the shin and left. Why, did I do something wrong?
Cop: Were you wearing tennis shoes?
ManlyGirl: No, RedWings.
(muffled laughter on the end of the Cop's line)
Cop: He's in Police custody at the ER with a broken tibia.
ManlyGirl: Do I need to be worried about anything?
Cop: Not from us, he's a serial purse snatcher we've been trying to catch for the last 6 months. But your response could be interpreted as excessive in a civil court.
ManlyGirl: Do I need to get a lawyer?
Cop: Probably not, we think he's gonna plead out since we have the whole thing on tape. We'll make sure he understands that suing you would not be in his best interest.
ManlyGirl: Thanks.
Cop: No, thankyou ma'am.

GirlyMan's not gonna be cheating on ManlyGirl anytime soon.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-12-2011, 05:51 AM
ManlyGirl is my new best idol. Can you make some drawing so I can keep her close to my heart? And I said DRAW, I don't want a photo, I'm not weird, but a caricature, something funny would do just fine. Smile

And what do you expect any judge will say if a unarmed person beats up an armed individual who wanted to steel something? I really don't see how a judge could sentence that guy, one was unarmed, other one had a gun. That is it, case closed. Unarmed vs. man with a gun. Simple as that. There is no excessive force when in a situation like this. Pure survival and self-defense.

P.S.
Now you have reminded me that I have my good old GetAGrip boots. Time to take them out of the closet, along with my black leather long coat. Time to look like it is expected from one atheist; dark and scary, Satan loving, Matrix style...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson